Universal Traps n' Gemstones (by Donut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by smes3817, Jul 23, 2014.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Button. Use iPega controller though rather than iCade proper as I put it on my phone at the minute. Absolutely fabulous game by the way. Going to holiday at the end of the week and looking forward to taking this with me. I know it's probably been mentioned before but MFi support for this would be phenomenal. Proper well done.

2. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    The MFi support is turning out quite good :)

As mentioned before, it will be part of v1.01 for iOS, along with bug fixes (stuck in wall) and a "Warp To Camp" feature that allows you to start at the pyramid top after a Game Over instead of the current chamber. Should be approved in a week or so.

Android users should be able to fetch v1.01 anytime soon, if not already... but without MFi support of course.

[​IMG]

3. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Good to hear. We had to remove Joy Up as an alternative way of jumping now that we added support for the MFi controller.
    Since the majority (if not all?) of these joypads use analog directional pads, it was a real pain NOT to accidentially move the pad even slightly upwards from time to time, resulting in an unexpected jump.

When only supporting the iCade, this wasn't much of a problem b/o the micro switches that gave sonic feedback / a click when moving the stick upwards.
    But now that we're opening up for a whole world of new controllers, mostly analog, we figured it was best to only allow button jumps.

Just hope there aren't many iCade users that've already gotten used to the Joy Up jumps in v1.00 :O

4. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    I just got stuck in a wall too. Guess I'll need to wait a week to play again.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Just finished this awesome game. Well made and well worth it.

6. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    As someone very familiar with the inner workings of MFi controllers, you absolutely made the right call. The d-pads on these controllers are nowhere near trustworthy enough to avoid accidentally hitting the up arrow. Every platformer I've tried with that configuration leads to serious problems.

Anyways, glad to hear MFi support is coming! :D

7. h_A_Z

h_A_Z Active Member

Oct 29, 2011
    PJ
    Any solution to this devs #?

8. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I'm stuck and idk what to do. I have one relic that hasn't been put in a spot yet, but I can't find where to put it. It's an eye, middle row horizontal and the second from the right. Any ideas guys?

9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Check the map for dots and think of any devices you haven't used like the compass or the air tank.

10. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    I found the two dots. I can't get to either of them. The pedestals I mean.

11. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'm finally content with my score of 10k after combing through everything after already getting 100%. If I missed some stuff, so be it. Is that 30k score for real? Must've restarted and collected the symbols in one run. I'm not dedicated enough to start from scratch.

12. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #232 Intendro, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    I agree, it was really disappointing. :eek:

You open a force field and find... all the guys you saved have inexplicably gotten in front of you and have thrown the bad guy in a cage already, and don't even tell you who he is or anything.
    That's it? No final boss or even a small obstacle course to catch him? It felt so sudden. Boom, the bad guy was suddenly caught somehow, you win.

13. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    Might as well have a Windows sale too :)

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm now completely frustrated with this....I've 4 idols left to find and 1 piece of equipment. No dots at all to guide me because I've no idols to place. The only place I can find that I haven't explored is the area past the compass room but I can't find an idol to place there.

I've loved this game up until the last few idols but the lack of indications on the map as to unexplored areas is too frustrating at the last stages of the game. I'm close to giving up to be honest.

15. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Yay!! I got some money and I picked this up!

16. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Did you already try the Game Center Sync button in the options menu?

17. DonutGames

Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    Yes, at the title screen, go to Options -> Game Center -> Re-upload Data

Hope that helps!

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I agree, they should've also marked on the mini map the exits to other rooms, in my opinion. Sometimes as there are multiple exits, you take one and forget about the other.
    You can also check the guide at pocketgamer.co.uk - it will help you locate all the idols. I used it for the last idol as I had the same problem you had which was due to me forgetting a certain exit from a room that had 3.

19. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah agreed I don't like using guides but I don't think I've any choice now.
    Such a shame really as in all other respects it's excellent.

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Seems like most of the end game idols ...
    Are located in the lower right portion of the map
    . So try exploring there.