iPad [Transport tycoon game] ZodTTD's Simutrans - Need Beta Testers for feedback!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zodttd, Mar 4, 2009.

1. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Hello from ZodTTD of zodttd.com,

I have been hard at work adapting a game titled Simutrans to the iPhone as a free release for AppStore. With permission and help from the original authors of this great game, I'm very excited to see how it does on AppStore.

Simutrans is similar in design to Transport Tycoon Deluxe by Chris Sawyer (of Rollercoaster Tycoon fame), so if you've played OpenTTD this game is right up your alley.

The objective is to gain money by transporting goods and in effect shape the city around you.

Here's a screenshot of Simutrans for the iPhone in action:
    Screenshot-2009.03.04-01.15.05.jpg

I'm looking for a few beta testers to help improve the usability of this title. Basically play-test it and give me feedback on ways to improve it. For instance if you found the multitouch scrolling to be too fast, let me know, etc... The music is currently missing and some text overlaps, but other than that it's fully featured. Just keep in mind it's still beta.

I ask that if you would like to beta test Simutrans for the iPhone, you have previous experience with Simutrans and/or OpenTTD. Please let me know here and I will then message you if you can be made a beta tester.

Hopefully this will go smoothly and according to TA rules. :)

Thanks everyone!

2. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    wish I knew how to do the beta testing deal! This looks sweet

3. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    #3 Hello, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    i would like to beta test
    but i might need help installing; the last dev who didnt explain the steps at all
    -___-

4. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Hi, and thanks! It's getting there! ;)
    To beta test I'm basically just looking for some people with experience this this type of gaming (transport tycoon games). If someone does and lets me know they want to beta test...just let me know here and I'll PM more details. :)

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    PM sent. No offense, but why even make a game like this when we already have the one and only Urban Tycoon.:D

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    #6 Spartan12103, Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    Edit: Nvm, never played transport games before. Tycoons, yes by not this kind. Best of luck regardless!

7. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Two reasons:
    1. I wasn't aware Urban Tycoon was like this. :)
    2. This will be free. :)

8. TheSinMuffin

TheSinMuffin Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Awesome. I hope I will be able to beta test this for you.

9. Petrus

Petrus Well-Known Member

Would love too, haven't tried simutrans but like this type of game. Thanks

From iDevice

10. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    I am quite interested in beta testing for this application. I do not have much previous experience with Simutrans or OpenTTD however If deemed necessary I am quite willing to further examine/explore both of these games to better contribute to the beta test.

Tycoon games are honestly a lot of fun =) Would like to see this one through to the app store.

11. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Spartan12103: Just to note, this game is much more like Transport Tycoon Deluxe. Rollercoaster Tycoon was the popular game the Transport Tycoon Deluxe developer made. Sorry for the confusion there. :p

For those posting here, let me know if you have previous experience with transport tycoon type games such as Simutrans itself, OpenTTD, etc...

Thanks!

12. Justom

Justom Well-Known Member

All right! I've been looking for another tycoon game to try out and analyze. PM Sent :)

13. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Wow, free? That's pretty cool.

14. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Pm sent, id love to help

15. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Yeah. Upon the authors request, I will be publishing it to AppStore for free. :)

This thread is moving fast with potential beta testers. I'm keeping track and seeing if some people with more experience with the genre of the game also want to join in. So if you don't get a PM from me right away, it's ok, it could come in a bit. :)

16. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    I have had experience with many tycoon games since 2001, would love to beta test!

17. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I have also spent time with that genre of games, if that helps :)

18. zodttd

zodttd Active Member

Jun 1, 2008
    It definitely helps. :)

19. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I've actually not really played too many tycoon type games, but I think you know about my beta testing experience :) Let me know if you want my help!

20. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    I loved transport tycoon especially when my buses would stall at railroad crossing causing massive deaths as the train collided with it. Or the planes breaking down half way to the airport and smoking the rest of the way through often unable to land for ages b/c I packed too many routes to 1 airport. This game is a classic.

Looking forward to seeing the game in the App Store.