Universal Transport Tycoon - (by 31x Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I believe they stop outside, or at the nearest signal, until the platform is clear. This can cause congestion and slow everything down so having two platforms is pretty standard practice in order to keep the flow going.

2. ApollyonQ

ApollyonQ Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Unfortunately this is not happening. I made the screenshot after I saw this happening. One train would stop at the first platform, right after him the secont train would simply stop at the signal before the first platform, waiting for the train to unload it's cargo and be gone.

If you've got your signs set up properly, it will wait (ideally it would take the next available platform)

3. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I can't even get the game to open without crashing on an iPod touch 4g. I have all apps closed out and plenty of free memory but once it gets to the opening transport tycoon screen, it crashes to the springboard.

4. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Sorry but I find that confusing 'plenty of free memory', are you talking about ram or storage space. no offence but LOTS of people these days simply don't know the difference between the two and it makes things confusing.

5. fenderbendr

Mar 7, 2012
    Both. I have 80mb's of ram at the time of opening and 111mb's of free memory.

6. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I do really want a sandbox mode, as scenario play has never interested me in these games. I don't want the time pressure, I just like building fun little transport networks with no hassle. Let me choose a map, choose the AI, and maybe even slow the pace down a little and I'd have the perfect virtual train set.

I'd like the game to save my company name and colours from map to map too. Seems I have to reset that each time.

I'd also like an undo button (or did I miss it?) so that when laying down tracks I could correct mistakes easier and without cost.

An option to rename more things in the game, vehicles etc.

Overall though, I am very impressed with how this was adapted for touch controls and I'm delighted to own it and consider it well worth the money spent. It's very pleasurable just watching the trains trundle around. I'm not having much luck understanding how signals work, but they always baffle me in these types of games. It's a quality game and a quality port.

7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Me too, on the just sit down there and see the city live part.

8. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    Could someone give a few examples of the scenarios in this game? I'm just not sure if this game is for me or not. I've fooled around with OpenTTD on PC, and I think the idea of setting up and maintaining transportation between cities and what not sounds pretty interesting, but I'm just not sure what the actual scenarios are like and if they'd keep my attention.

When it comes down to it, what type of stuff do you end up spending most of your time doing in this game? Are you mainly just building new infrastructure and setting up jobs for all your vehicles? Or does it usually come down to optimizing routes and stuff? Or is it something else? Thanks in advance.

9. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Transport 50000 units of oil in ten years. Transport 2500 people. That kind of stuff. In later levels mountains or water make the challenge, economy may have a low. The oil may run out and so on.

10. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Wow this game is tough.

Anyone got any tips for beating Sandbox Settler?

I am really stuck...

11. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

#151 Repair Drone, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    There are pathing fixes coming in the update that's currently in review. If you're still getting this happening after the update hits, post again and I'll pass it on to The Pathing Man :)

Have you fully rebooted your device since installing the game? If not, give that a try, or see if a delete and reinstall will get things going. If nothing helps we do have some crash fixes in the upcoming update which will hopefully sort you out. The Touch 4G's what I've been testing on - the framerate will drop if you zoom right out and scroll quickly across the map, but it's not the sort of game that requires a constant 60 fps to stay playable.

12. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Pick up people with busses. There are some bigger cities next to each other.

13. denisvjcr

denisvjcr Active Member

Oct 2, 2012
    New update in the store

- Stability improved
    - Road auto-extension improvements
    - Vehicle route, track choice and selection improvements
    - Auto-save and rare save game corruption fix

14. fenderbendr

Mar 7, 2012
    This worked and it is now playable. Thanks for the help.

15. squabs

squabs Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Huh, the update seems to have introduced path finding bugs, my buses get stuck in a loop. It doesn't crash anymore though

16. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    From version 0.1.0 to 1.0.0 it's finally full version lol!!!!

17. StraightlineBoy

Nov 10, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    So far so good with the update on my iPad mini, playing through the weatherworld tutorial and so far so good - would have definitely crashed by now. (fingers crossed I haven't cursed it!!!)

18. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    My auto save doesn't function at all. My last auto save is from the 7th of October.

I can't see a way to delete the auto save file. Any ideas for getting it working again? It's frustrating to have to remember to load. just crashed my iPad 3 back to the Apple logo but fortunately if manually saved about half an hour ago.

19. ApollyonQ

ApollyonQ Member

Jun 24, 2012
    The 4-platform station I had an issue with? It works like a charm now!

I have practically littered my tracks with signals (nice 'traffic-light' addition, by the way), imho signals are waiting too long to change. When train A and train B approach a junction, and train A is just in front of train B, train A will have the right of way, which is correct, but when train A has passed the next signal, the signal for train B could, and should change, however, even if train C (on the same track as train A) 4 signals away, it doesn't.

20. icehockeyhair

icehockeyhair New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Train junctions on diagonal track aren't working for me after the update.
    Trains that should continue along the diagonal section to their destination are always taking the turn off the diagonal, and ending up in the wrong place. I've had to redesign a lot of my track due to this.

Also another +1 for sandbox mode, and a clone train button would be awesome too!

Loving the game mostly though.