Universal Transport Tycoon - (by 31x Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    There is the " - " in the lower right corner of the screen. I think if you delete the station, the name disappears after time.

2. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    Cool thanks, I will spend some quality time on it this weekend learning the interface :)

3. B3NDoX

B3NDoX Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    This might sound like a stupid question but should I get this? The reason is I've never played any tycoon-like title before so I don't know what to expect and from the looks of this it looks pretty intence. Should I start with a stepping stone title before delving into this?

4. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Me too. Never played this type of game. What can I expect from it?

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is it easy to tap accurately? I had difficulty with Simcity on my iDevice due to its isometric perspective.

6. the fish

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    For those who are not sure, I'd recommend you to get openttd for your PC or Mac and try it. It's free so you can just check it out. If you like it and want that kind of game on the go, get this.
    It's really good and I believe they will fix minor issues soon...at least I hope do :)

7. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Are there any goals within the game like a story or plot? Are you given projects for instance to build a railway for the slums etc? That would interest me. And how do you 'win'? What feat represents victory? The graphics are not my concern they are acceptable.

Thanks for replying.

8. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    There are 40++ scenarios to play! personally I find it far far better to set my own goals and aims and ignore the set ones.

9. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Does anyone know how this game runs on a 4th gen touch?

10. itschriscollins

itschriscollins Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    The game is played by selecting a 'scenario' which gives you a map to play on and an objective to meet. Objectives might be to deliver 500 passengers in a year, or to achieve a rating of 80%. If you meet the objective in the time frame, you win! Scenarios are ranked based on their difficulty, and there are interactive tutorials. There is no separate sandbox mode, but you can just pick any map and ignore the objectives - you will not be penalised and can carry on after the objective time limit runs out.

11. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks for clearing that up.

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Does anyone feel its hard to find resources on the world map?

I hope the dev can make sort of like connectivity lines on the map when we click on the labels..

Or better still when click on a resource show us invisible lines on where to transport this resource to..

It doesn't make the game easier or anything but definitely less frustrating searching for the connecting resources..

Many a times I see factories produce goods but I don't know where to bring it to., or an oil refinery needs oil but where the heck is the oil field..

Well if the Devs are listening...

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    How does this run on an iPad 2?

14. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Pretty good, although it has crashed a couple of times.

15. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Downloading...

Download size: 136MB
    Installed size: 203MB

Seems more intuitive than Transport General HD's interface so far...

16. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Played through 5 scenarios so far and I'm enjoying this immensely! At last a proper in depth strategic sim tycoon for iOS!

After using the touch controls with this I feel that Rollercoaster Tycoon would be just as successful and fantastic a game if it was given the same treatment and released on iOS.

I can easily see myself buying RCT and TT expansion packs in the future so please keep on giving us more content guys...

Love this game!!!

17. ApollyonQ

ApollyonQ Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Obviously this isn't workung, or am I going about it in the wrong way?

I envisioned the second train taking the second platform...

Attached Files:

18. the fish

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    Seems like the same problem I'm having. If they can, they always take the first way out.

19. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Second train would take the second platform if there was no space at the first platform. But there's space there for the 2nd train as the 1st train is on the way out.

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Sp technically speaking u only need one? Interested to know what if there's only a station and there's a train stopping there.. What wi happen to incomings