Universal Transport Tycoon - (by 31x Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Before I even consider dropping five nicker on it, I got one q:

is the game limited to scenarios or can you play sandbox mode where you build and run the company unhindered?

tbh I dont wanna be forced to do xxx scenarios, I want to play the way I wanna play.

2. lordyokomoto

lordyokomoto Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    #82 lordyokomoto, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Three stations at the steel mill , two for incoming one for outgoing goods one station at each of the other sites, yep exspensive but in the longer run you produce goods quicker so that offsets the initially investment ;)

3. StraightlineBoy

Nov 10, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Exactly the same for me on my iPad mini. Shame cos otherwise I've really being enjoying it

4. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    I found that if you have any other apps in the background TT seems to be crashing, once I closed them all game seems to be not crashing at this time :)

5. lordyokomoto

Nov 28, 2012
    No sandbox at mo but I defo sure if we pester them enough they will include it.... Tbh though although it's just scenarios you can play them how u want just make sure u reach the gaol in time :)

6. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    thanks mate, I'll save my money then until its patched in, if ever :mad:

7. J-who

J-who Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Web Developer
    Vancouver BC
    Really no sandbox mode? Kind of silly not to include something as simple as that. Ill just play OpenTTD instead

8. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    you can also just save some of the scenarios and keep playing even when you completed the objective...

9. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
    Hmm I'm not unhappy to have spent £4.99 but am a bit frustrated the tracks/transport mechanisms are so simplistic. No signals, no two-way tracks etc? I guess I had the wrong expectations, perhaps the game name was slightly misleading. Will enjoy it but not quite what I had hoped for, will still need my laptop for openttd.

10. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    How do the cumulative achievements work since ios 7? In the old game centre you could see how much progress you had made in, say, travel x miles in total. Is it a flaw of this game or a flaw of the new game centre that I can't see that info here?

11. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    This. It's great to have it on the iPad as OpenTTD and simutrans both have horrible control issues, but it's not quite the TTD I remember.

Of course, as people are commenting that it's Locomotion rather than TT, that kinda makes sense. And hey, not like Open TTD doesn't exist!

12. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I really like OpenTTD and decided I would get this assuming responses were positive. However, it sounds like there is no 'sandbox' mode. I have no interest in buying this game if I can't spend my time doing what I want. I'm sure I'll get this day one if that update roles out as most of you seem to really like this game, however until then I'll pass.

13. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    This really suck I can't for life figure how the 3 stations at the steel mill are layout.. I tried putting them side by side like what normal people would do I end up with some week message about train on track.. Wtf

I am sure I can overcome this by building them apart but that's not reality!!!! Who the heck build 3 stations apart in real life!

14. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I've seen the AI do some amazing things with train tracks in parallel. I assume one track goes one way, and the other track in the other direction. Those tracks converge on single platform stations. I've just been building a station for each track until I get a strong grip on the mechanics

15. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I feel the same way, although I do slightly regret buying as I know in 2-3 days this game will be consigned to the deleted games pile or filed to possibly play another day.

Tbh I feel quite let down, I love TTD and really thought this would be the game for me but in some areas its so lacking and shallow. :(

16. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    The steel mill doesn't produce steel wtf!! This is one buggy game

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I'm sure I've had steel out of a steel mill when I've given the mill coal and iron ore. I think steel will only collect at a station if you have a track record of regularly transporting it. One thing I can't find is 'only leave the station when you are full', of steel in this case, but maybe that's because I was playing TTD and now I'm playing TT

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Check my ss!! No steel!!!!

Attached Files:

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Does everyone here understand that this is a direct port of the PC game with a few tweaks to fit it in with touch controls.

Now, if the PC version had a sandbox mode and it wasn't included here, then we have room. Beyond that, though, I don't know if it'd be possible to put in a whole new mode.

Devs, thoughts?

20. Kaimu

Kaimu Member

Oct 4, 2013
    #100 Kaimu, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    Well, I can put signal for the train tracks in this games.

Well, we can instruct to do full load before leaving the station in this games too.