Universal Transport Tycoon - (by 31x Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    You where a100% right. Im new to transport tycoon so I'm still learning. I built a train right away and finally beat the level. So trucks should only be used on low quantity cargo?

2. RickyBrooke

RickyBrooke Well-Known Member

May 13, 2012
    Wow lots to think about and try - I will have a good session tonight and see how all of these new tips & strategies help me!

Thanks so much for your posts I will let you know how I get on...

3. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    Just cannot beat Aerophobia. Always end up around the low 30s with tons of money but no way to compete with the airlines.

Aaaaand a crash took out 3 hours of play...

I think I'm just gonna pass on that challenge. :D

4. StraightlineBoy

Nov 10, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Hmmm spoke too soon. Got through Weather World on to the next scenario, the game started giving Auto Saving popups about every ten seconds and then within a couple of minutes bombed out altogether :(

This is on an iPad mini

5. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    How do I tansport mail? Do I use cargo stations somehow? I put two cargo stations next to buildings that produce and accept mail and had a mail truck go between them but the mail truck never picked anything up. Thanks.

6. Repair Drone

Repair Drone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report. We've got an update in submission that should iron out some crash/performance bugs - once it's live, let us know how you get on.

First up, double check that you've built cargo bays, not bus termini (I've done this more than once myself :eek:) Do the cargo bays have a cargo rating for mail when you tap them? If it's there, but down in the red, you might have to use a "Wait for Full Load" order on your trucks to raise it up and increase the amount of mail sent to the bay.

You also might not have enough mail producing and accepting buildings within your cargo bays' catchment areas. For example, where you see "Accepts 1/4" cargo-type, that's a fraction and you need it to add up to 1 for the cargo to be accepted.

7. Repair Drone

Update! Here's what's new:

- General performance improvements
    - Frontend performance improvements
    - Tutorials: fixed a problem with selecting road to place bus stops/bus due to nearby buildings
    - Multiple navigation issues resolved
    - Fixed an issue allowing corruption of the gameworld during a save
    - Autosaves will now only try to reload once
    - Attempting to load a corrupted save will now revert to the main menu
    - Any corrupted save files in the Documents folder are now removed from the list of available saves
    - Fixed an occasional crash when opening the company information window from the companies list
    - Repeated scanning of save files no longer occurs

8. jamiejap

jamiejap Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2013
    I Need a sandbox mode with the option to choose start date and the map. the computer ai is annoying. I don't need other company's to have some fun.

9. shanepaw

shanepaw Active Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Hi! I'm playing on another platform of Transport Tycoon but I guess most of the specifics of the game with iOS is the same. I've been loving this game so far but I really am new to this game and haven't played the classic one before. I have a couple of questions which I hope anyone with the knowledge can reply to.

1. For example I have three bus stations with one bus going to all three, is it possible to give a command that after stopping then unloading, the bus will wait for full load before going to the next stop? I have been having problems making this command work and has now made me think that the command might not be available. If you are confused, it's something like command:

a.stop at A
    b.Wait for full load
    c.stop at B
    d.unload all
    e.wait for full load
    f.stop at c
    f.unload all
    g.wait for full load

I'm talking about steps d,e,f and g. And also if it is possible, how do you properly set the command? I've set my command similar to the one above but after my reaching B and unloading, it just goes to C without loading passengers.

2. Is it possible to have a command chain that will direct to unloading in the point of origin? Like for example, I have a tram station and have 2 stations in A and B. I would like for the tram to after unloading at point B wait for a full load before going back to point A then unload then start from the first command. I can't seem make this work too.

a.stop at A
    b.wait for full load
    c.stop at B
    d.unload
    e.wait for full load
    f.stop at A
    g.unload

somehow steps e,f and g are not followed and the chain of commands just start directly back to step a -d.

I hope someone can help me understand and make this work. :)

10. StraightlineBoy

Nov 10, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks for the update - have completed the next level that was crashing on my iPad mini with no issues

11. Repair Drone

I think the problem you're having is that the on-road passenger stops used by buses and trams don't support the Full Load order, they can only pick up whoever is already waiting. You can wait for Full Load at a Bus Terminus, but of course you're much more limited in where they can be placed.

Always good to hear when bug fixes are a success :)

12. EnoshKasra

EnoshKasra Active Member

Jul 19, 2013
    #192 EnoshKasra, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    I'm also a TT and TTD veteran. Add me to the list of people that want a true sandbox mode. That was the best way to play the original games, my guess is that it'll be true as well for this version. :)

13. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Well I'm done with this. ...for now.

Don't get me wrong, I love it and its been worth every penny I paid for it, superb game and well done.

But that said.. It is lacking the thing I love the most in TT and that's the ability to buyout the opposition and take control of them.

I did PM the dev and they kindly said they would add it to the 'wanted features' list but no promises.

So for now I'm deleting this to make space for another game but should that option ever be added either by free patch or in game purchase, I'll grab it.

For anyone sitting on the fence over this still, buy it now, its excellent and even though its missing the thing I loved the most, I still put many hours into it.

14. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Will the developer release Railroad Tycoon as well? I always did prefer railroads...

15. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Railroad Tycoon was done by Microprose so I'm not sure they have the licence to do that but..

Railroad Tycoon 1 is one of my favourite games of all time and I would happily pay a lot for it on ios. We're talking £5-10-20++

I feel RT 2 onwards simply weren't as fun as the first one, I loved the top down 2d graphics and things like taking over your opponents railroads!!

Epic game and I would be thrilled if it made it to ios.

16. AppyNation

AppyNation Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    London
    Just for those of you who're really getting into Transport Tycoon, we've got the official forums right here:

http://www.transporttycoon.com/forum/

There are loads of players in there discussing best practices, top strategies and all kinds of cool stuff. Check it out :D

17. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch New Member

Oct 11, 2013
    No buoys?

Still finding my way around the game, and loving it so far. I'm currently on the Boulder Breakers scenario, and I thought I'd try to use a ship to load the goods produced at the factory and distribute them around the island. Built a couple of docks, bought a clipper and everything was working well untill the ship tried to pass through that narrow canal between the main island and the little one in the South. For some reason it can't get through, turns around, goes back a little and tries again and again and again… I know that in OpenTTD we have the option of using buoys to help direct ships, but I can't find a similar resource in TT for iOS. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

18. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Wow. Off topic but your name reminds me of an old well hyped game by a Imagine that never turned up. ZX Spectrum I believe. :)

19. Repair Drone

You'll want to set waypoints - select the tile in the landscape that you want the vehicle to route through, then press the Go To button as you would when setting a route to a stop/station. Ships aren't very bright, so you'll probably have to use waypoints to direct them around obstacles. Waypoints can also be used with other vehicles, though road or track vehicles don't need them anywhere near as often as ships.

20. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch New Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Really? It's that simple? I can't believe I haven't thought of that… Thanks RD!