Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Loving this game, though I have had a few crashes and hang ups on an iPad Air 2. Nothing game breaking but still annoying, hope they fix this stuff in an update (I'm sure they will). I don't think it's really relevant to having a more/less powerful device, just some bugs, so if you're on an iPad 4 or something you're prob still good.

Anyway, in the console version you could control the help() minion during your "turn". Is this still the case? I can't figure it out.

2. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    I'm trying that too, but I think it only works attaching certain skills to help().

3. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    I have an iPad Air 2, guess I'll wait for a patch.

4. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It seems the issues were mainly in the beginning, I've been problem free in the last hour or so of gameplay. I would instabuy, this game is way to good to wait on.

5. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I have a Mini Retina (2nd Mini) and nothing like this happens. Are u jailbroken?

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I'm also playing on my Retina Mini (iPad Mini 2nd Gen) and it's running just fine.

7. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    devs see u make moneyvon ios android they just steal it ##########

8. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I wouldn't say 'steal' as I personaly don't see piracy as a lost sale as most of the pirates wouldn't have paid for the game anyways and while I agree that it just won't come to Android due to high piracy rates I'll just say to anyone who wants the game to pick it on PC or PS4 then, I personally love the PS4 version with the controller speaker's effects.

9. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    To the Dev! I bought the game on AppStore Japan, it says English but the game is in Japanese.... Please fix this issue!

10. Anyone else having a hard time getting used to the combat controls? Did I miss the tutorial?

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Combat takes a little while to get used to, the UI and language sinks in slowly. But once you get into it the game really opens up.

12. endekks

endekks Member

May 4, 2012
    #172 endekks, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    As usual, I have just done instabuy for titles I know I want to play. So last night I fire up the iPad, get this puppy downloaded and installed while I finish up my life duties. Pop into bed a little early, crack open the iPad and find out "Your device is not supported. Buy a newer iPad."

First time EVER I found out my iPad gen 3 isn't good enough. Pretty lame that I'm allowed to download and install an application on a device that can't run it. And what is so special about this game that it can't run on a gen 3 iPad? Oddly the page says I can, and I know for a fact the generation of my iPad. But the app no likey.

Oh well. Time to upgrade, I guess. ;)

13. That's weird. Grim Fandango wouldn't download to my iPhone 5 at all, only to my Air 2. Strange that this game allowed you to download it to a device that's not compatible.

14. One thing I'm having trouble figuring out is how often I can use a skill in a single Turn(). I feel like I'm missing some vital piece of information, because the game doesn't seem to give me real feedback that I can or can't make a move. It just doesn't seem to execute it if it can't. I took some video I'll upload soon. Maybe someone can shine some light on what I'm doing wrong.

Also, sometimes I tap a skill and instead Red walks to that spot. Again, not sure if I'm misunderstanding something or the game is not responding correctly. Anyone know? It's happened to me on both my iPhone and iPad.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Each function has a specific turn time it uses, but it can also be executed as the final part of a turn if you have less than the amount of time needed. You can see functions being added to the turn at the top bar and time remaining as well.

Some skills require a minimum range, so Red will first walk to the necessary range. Also, when recharging turn() you can only use specific functions, most are locked. So if you try to use those Red will just walk to a location instead.

16. Ahh I didn't notice the moves shown in the bar at the top -- thanks!

Ok, will try to see if I can figure out when they're locked. It's strange that she moves instead. Most games would just have nothing happen if a spell is pressed during a cooldown.

17. endekks

endekks Member

May 4, 2012
    So, it turns out that the reason why i was allowed to download it is because Super Giant Games tagged iPad 3 and above as supported devices, as seen here:

[​IMG]

I have already contacted support to recommend they fix this so some of us don't spend $10 for nothing.

18. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I'm still losing functions. :( Btw, what happens if you run out of functions? Can you die?

19. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I'll be looking for your thoughts on your site.

20. #180 AppUnwrapper, Jun 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    Was I supposed to upgrade my Functions? I'm fighting Sybil and my skills only do 0, 50 or 60 damage to her. :/

Btw, the soundtrack is fantastic. I have the game paused at the moment and just listening to it. I don't even care that I'll probably have to start this whole battle over. :p