Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    If memory serves correctly Bastion was about 6-7 hrs or so. I could be slightly off. I finished it back in October.

2. Nyambe

Nyambe Active Member

Jul 2, 2012
    After you lvl up and select your function. Do you get an opportunity to get the other function later in the game?

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can I rename the game to BTransistor? I have all my games in folders named "Games (A)", "Games (B)", etc. and it is a crime against humanity that Transistor is not (and will never be) sitting right next to Bastion! :)

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Mmmmm, this sounds weird. I think subtitles are dependant on device's language. Try setting the device to English. I don't think that a 1.8GB download, where all iPhone-iPad assets are (i.e. it downloads all) selects the subtitles to download...

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Is the Hum button from the consoles included?

6. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Yep!

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Supergiant Games submitted it to the Appstore and then Apple approved it.
    After that, Supergiant Games released it.

8. wizardhowl

wizardhowl Active Member

Mar 6, 2014
    ^This. I don't think anyone could call iOS anything other than a real gaming system after this, but I'm sure they still won't #. This is one of the best games I have ever played and I've been gaming for over 30 years. Bought, loved and recommended to anyone who even remotely likes games. If the description in the quote above doesn't get you to buy then nothing will! Forget F2P, iAP-driven, socially-connected Facebook crap - this is gaming.

Soapbox now stands free for other users!

9. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    #149 Tuzzo, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Sorry, but I am a bit confused about the naming of iPad here. Isn't iPad (3rd generation) what's commonly called iPad3?
    According to Apple website I have an iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd Generation), which the game should work on, according to the info in the AppStore, but when I launch the game, I am greeted by the message "Unfortunately this game requires at least an iPhone 5 or iPad4."
    Why??? It's not what the compatibility list in the App Store says!!

10. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    The first line of the description says: "Transistor requires at least an iPhone 5, iPad 4, or iPad mini 2."

11. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Oh great! I see.. Since there's a dedicated Compatible Devices section, I'm expecting to find this kind of info in the description I never bothered to check as a gamer who perfectly knows the game :/

12. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    VirtualBoyFreak is right: the subtitles language matches the language you set for the iPhone/iPad interface. Mine is set to Italian and I get Italian subtitles.

13. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone else experience a crash? The game got laggy then came to a complete halt with the exception of the action/attacks replaying their execution sounds. It froze after the backstage (or is it back door?) level after the boat ride scene.

I play on an iPhone 5s.

Thus far I love the game. Unlike bastion... I actually prefer the virtual joystick since you have to manually choose your attack. But maybe I'm just biased toward joysticks. It also took me a while to adjust to the point and click with Bastion so maybe I just have to figure a system out with this game. Ehh... either way, this game is beautiful and amazing.

Anyway... Should I be concerned about the crash or just let it go? Anyone?

14. trevkat

trevkat New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Can some of you tell me what mi fi controllers you are using for your iPad/iPhone? I am looking to buy one and wanted to see what you all like or recommend. Apologies if there is a forum for this topic but I couldn't find one, I just bought Transistor and would like a controller for it.

Thank you all, I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions!

15. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    When I go skill menu and tap out most of the time game freezes with "thump" sound looping over and over. On Ipad Air

16. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

#156 Puke Aces, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Would an iPad mini with retina display be considered as the 2nd gen ipad mini? because it's telling me I can't run the game when I launch it

17. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Hopefully this won't be a huge problem moving forward. If it is... hopefully it gets fixed lick'idy split quick!

18. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    so it seems this game isn't released for android :(

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Neither was Bastion. If you have an iOS device, I suggest you just pick it up, or go for the PC version.

20. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm using a SteelSeries Stratus that I got on meh.com for $30 awhile back -- I love it, it goes everywhere in my bag with me. I'm pretty comfortable gaming straight on the touchscreen, but I always pick up MFi supported games, because it's nice to just prop up the iPad / iPhone and kick back with the controller.

Haven't used it on Transistor yet, however, but I'm sure it'll work smoothly.