Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the gameplay vid, RR. Another Bastion fan here. Looks awesome and it's obvious from all of you lovely folks that it's a must purchase. So... here goes!

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Oh yeah. Insta smashed the buy button.

3. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Bless you guys at supergiant! Your amazing, i am always so happy to see full ported games come to our shores, and it always that much sweeter when its completley unexpected! To all reading the thread, this is a 100% pure must have experience you need in your gaming life, so download and enjoy guys!! ✌#️✌#✌#✌#✌#✌#❤️❤️❤️❤️######

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This game just oozes with quality.. So grateful this was ported over..

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The game description says iphone 5 and above.

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm excited to get this eventually as I am 41 as well and don't always have the same patience with games that reach into 15+ hours more because I have so many other games to play! Although I do run into the other problem of not wanting some games to end!

How long was bastion? I still haven't finished it yet as it is on my long list sitting on my iPhone!

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    WHAT THE HELL. Where did this come from???

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Lovely game that deserves 5 stars but there is one little thing I am not too happy about is that I bought it on the Japanese AppStore, in the description it says English but the game is entirely in Japanese.... Even tho I can read Japanese it's really painful, please dev fix this issue!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Played it and loving it. Controls work flawlessly (using vstick and MFi controller, havent really got into the tap controls), visuals are superb, the audio... Divinity.

To those who want to know what the game play is, it's an action rpg where you have up to 4 moves you can assign to 4 buttons, and there's a pause button.

The pause is actually a combo enabler. After you pause, you can use some or all of your action meter to assign moves and unpausing will execute your attacks, resulting in a combo of skills. After that, you'll need to run around or evade enemy attacks while you recover your action meter back.

It's a lot more tactical and deeper than Bastion, and it has everything Bastion has plus more.

The combo meter reminds me of Legend of Legaia, the realtime with some sort of atb reminds me of Crisis Core, and the aesthetic reminds me of Bastion.

This game is easily worth ten bucks, and is one of the best games i have played on iOS.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You have 4 slots for your active skills. Each of the other skills you acquire can replace any of your active skills if you are on a terminal that allows you to do so (like swapping out equipment in more traditional rpgs). In addition to that, those skills in your inventory can be slotted into your active skills adding effects to them depending on the combinations.

Having said that, the combinations are exponential. I currently have 6 skills, 4 of my choice are become my actives, and the 2 i have in the bag enhance a couple of my equipped skills. Imagine how many combinations of skills and additional effects i can make with those alone... And i am only an hour into the game.

Im sure i will keep finding more and more of these to make my ideal Transistor character.

11. Orpheus

Orpheus Well-Known Member

May 14, 2015
    May I ask how long is this game as well as it replayability

12. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This is a great game guys. Really enjoying this one and worth every penny.

13. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    What is the save situation with this? If I close it completely from the app drawer will it resume where I left off?

14. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    My backlog is ridiculous, I still haven't even launched Sproggiwood, Chaos Rings III, or Ys Chronicles... shoot... Bastion has been on my iPhone/iPad for longer than I care to admit and I haven't finished it yet.

But I'm all about seeing these premium games hit iOS, so it's all in. BOUGHT! :D

Now if only I could finish a few games like Broken Age, etc so I have more space for my new shiny quality premium games!

15. !nsomn!ac

!nsomn!ac Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Anyone knows if this game offers gameplay after the story; hard mode, gear grind and all that. I love the developper and I love Bastion and I really would want this game to have a diablo 3 style zone dificulty trademil and maybe some multiplayer/social aspects.

16. asaw2

asaw2 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2013
    South korea
    How many install size?

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    2,1 Gb

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Page 6

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Here's more to set expectations straight... This is not a Diablo-type of action RPG. It is more FF7 Crisis Core because of the action meter which resembles the ATB in FF7CC, which allows stacking of action commands during combat.

Also, akin to titles like Devil May Cry, when there is an encounter, the location is fenced off so you have to battle your way through the current environment.

Games like Transistor are what makes iOS gaming a real gaming system. I hope these will stand out over the cesspool of freemiums.

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Hear, hear.