Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Easier to google for it or search directly on youtube since it's a port.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #62 Luciano1084, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
    Didn't really like any of the games released yesterday.. Wake up and see this bad boy(girl) in the hottest new games section.. Of course, downloading now.. Bastion is probably in my top 3 as far as iOS games go.. This is an absolute no brainer..

3. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Once I saw the image of the girl thought she looked like bastions girlfriend and I was right!

4. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Omg amazing...now all i need is an update for the justice league game and street fighter 4 for my iph6+ and ipad air 2 that would be sick

5. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    Holy crap I wasn't expecting this!

It even has game center support! Everyone doing PC ports lately seems to be forgetting IOS supports achievements.

6. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Had this pre-ordered on PC, and played the snot out of it loving every minute.
    Like Bastion, SuperGiant Games has returned with yet another stunning art style and intriguing story. The music is incredible too.

But what really sets this apart is the unique strategic-pause action and how the functions work:
    Each function can be equipped either directly as an attack, added to another function as an upgrade, or equipped as a passive boost. Plus, each function can be upgraded for further potency and effects.

For example, the Tap() function when used as an active attack causes you to absorb HP from enemies around you. When used as an Upgrade, it adds a life-stealing effect to other functions. When used as a Passive, it increases your total HP.

7. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    INSTALL SIZE IS 2.1 gb even tho it says 1.8! PLEASE BUY IT THIS IS WHAT WE WANT AS IOS GAMERS !

8. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    yes bastion is god sent an so is this im not being dramatic either ! Omg!

9. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    I tend to lose interest in games that go on and on so the time on this seems perfect for me. Maybe it's my age (41 now lol) but I don't seem to finish nearly as many games as I once did. There was a time not too long ago when I had no issue with sinking 60-70 hours into a FF game or playing endless rounds of a Rainbow Six Vegas. I played 14 straight hours on that game one 4th of July a few years back.
    I vaguely remember seeing something about this game early last year on some gaming show. All I needed to read was "from the makers of Bastion" and I clicked buy once I cleared a bit of space. I loved that game with a passion. It was one of the first I played and finished last year when I got my iPad Air. Can't wait to play this. It looks absolutely stunning.
    Once again a really slow week turns around with a great Thursday surprise!

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Is this game roughly the same length as Bastion? I always thought that game had more than enough content for what it was.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    erhmahgerd wuddisrongwitmah interwebz so slow!

12. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I know it says "at least Mini 2" but anyone actually tried it on their Mini? Does it laf a lot or is it manageable?
    Maybe I have to wait for future updates or a Vita version :(

13. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    yesssssss! This made my week. Well, as long as it plays well, which it probably does If bastion is any indicator. Can't wait for the work day to end!

14. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    So I wasn't really a fan of Bastion because it felt too mindless to me. This game looks more promising because of the tactical elements.

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Ok, I'm at work but fired this up for a few minutes just to get a feel for it.. It's silly how good this game is..

16. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Wow, just wow! Another great week on the AppStore, I feel like I've been saying this a lot recently. :D

17. johnofsuburbia

Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    I'd love to know this too with respect to an ipad 3. Has anyone tried downloading it to an ipad 3? I've been incredibly excited to hear about the surprise releases of both Grim Fandango and this only to find that it requires more than an ipad 3.

18. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Played this (for free) on my PS4 and loved it! This is highly recommended.

19. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Gah! Expensive few weeks recently since Sproggiwood, Chaos Rings and now this. Ow my iTunes budget and ow my iPhone 6+ disk space haha :D

Just thrilled to see great premium games on iOS. I'm beginning to ignore my Vita, PS3, and 3DS more and more now!

20. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    Time to start thinking about upgrading my Ipad 3