Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Not sure mate, I didn't try it on Pro before the update.

2. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    What are some things people don't like about this game? I want to get it but just want to be prepared for the bad parts.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you ask me, and im sure most would answer the same way, there is NOTHING wrong with this game. It's a near-perfect port, if not perfect. Fantastic gameplay, accurate controls, stupidgood narration, top-notch visuals and audio.

The only bad thing for me, is not having enough time to sink into this beaut.

4. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I can't comment on the iOS port but it's one of the best games I've played on PS4. Maybe be prepared for a giant filesize and a roughly 6 hour campaign, but it is designed for New Game+ with a lot of optional variables to tailor the challenge.

5. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks!

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wooooo!!!!

I'm so hooked...

Obsessed...

=oD

Attached Files:

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Plus your GC is working!!!!

8. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #328 syntheticvoid, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    Yeah, turns out it wasn't GC, it was my phone having an issue with wifi and me having my cellular data turned off. =o/

**edit**

Hehehe... Got the Stability one as well... =oP
    I think I'm ready for NG+, let's rock this! =oD

Attached Files:

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oO

HELLZ YEAH!!!

I literally jumped out of my seat when I did it... lol...

Now I need to hit level 24 (I'm at 22 ATM), do 2 more battles with all 10 Limiters active and finish the NG+ game (I just hit Highrise/Red's apartment building a couple fights ago), and I'll have all 33 achievements. =oO

I can't remember the last RPG I did all the achievements for... or even tried to do all of them for.

Attached Files:

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow Synthetic I dont know if I have ever seen you like this about a game lol. ##

11. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    theres been a handful... Gene Effect, Incoboto, Eufloria, Templar Battleforce, Miss Claire Garden and iDaTank (anyone remember that one? Hehe)...

But yeah, I'm so won over.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Rebel Twins and SV. ;)

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    oh yeah!!!!!

Alright, time to put this bad boy up. Was quick, but OMG so enjoyable. I played through it 3 times in 5 days. Really wish more RPGs were this length. The leveling up was handled PERFECTLY. Spaced out to perfection - and the limiters... friggin awesome. By the middle of my NG+ I was playing with all 10 of them active.... LOVED it. Every single minute of it.

Time to get into the Crashlands update now...

But this... this is staying on my phone. I'll probably wanna play through it again in another week or so. =oD

Attached Files:

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So I started playing this a week ago. Have had it since release and really at 2.1GB I wanted to take it for a spin and clear up some space eventually.

First impressions were pretty good. This is an RPG like no other. It's cryptic as hell in the story line, and with the voice over and art, everything just clicks together. But really, I found the combat somewhat uninspiring....to begin with.

The combat only started to shine right at the end of the firs playthrough!! Way to leave it late! It was only the last normal fight, and the boss fight where I had to google (yes I'll admit it), how to beat them, and that's when I started to see all the possible combinations of the functions. All functions (or skills of you will), that you learn are unique and can be combined in any way.
    Up until this final stage point I had just been using the typical pew pew pew skills to shoot my enemies pew pew pew. Once I googled some combos, man did I start to see what's out there. Now my transistor girl (red), is a light speed bomb flash throwing menace with a dog that barks explosions.

...and now I'm in new game + and this game is finally really shining and everything clicking together; art, voice, combat.

Though, I don't want to give anyone an over the top impression; it did take time to grow on me, and now it's at the point where I'm thinking, ok let's see how I can plan out my combat rounds, and let's maybe think up some different function combos to try. Contrast that to basically 90% of my first play through which was just pew pew pew with the shooty functions.

The story of this game is super short, maybe 4 hours?? And not challenging, though I did Google the last two fights. But that's right up my ally. I don't particularly want to play 60+ hour RPG's anyway. And as said several times now, it feels like new game + is about where this game clicks into proper gear.

At 2.1gb it's not likely to stay on my phone once I'm done, but it has turned around from being just alright (sure the art and voice is great), to a one of a kind where things have become intriguing even though I've already played through this story!

15. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Thanks for those impressions. Like you, I've had this sitting on my phone for AGES, but still not got around to playing it. Thought I'd start FF9 instead last week, seeing as that is taking up 4GB, but now you've inspired me to try to fit in a bit of Transistor as well. I need to start clearing up space on my devices!

16. zinnrich

zinnrich Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Beautiful graphics

I like this...

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    One tip, and maybe not a tip at all to most people, but i was quite oblivious to it;

When you put a function into an upgrade slot, it will tell you exactly how that function will enhance the other function, when placed into that slot.
    As opposed to the generic description used when a function is sitting alone in the bay of available functions...
    If you get what I'm saying.

I just found the generic descriptions not as insightful in description compared to when placed in an upgrade spot.

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Damn, but this crashes a lot on my Mini 3... I'd deleted it off the iPhone 6 for space reasons, but think I might have to bring it back - it's unplayable at the moment.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not surprised. If my 6+ has had a hard day, it will go slow on the framerate, but it's no biggie to me, and only during fights. Seems like there's a bit of grunt going on.

20. hazmatte

hazmatte Member

Jan 16, 2014
    iPad Pro [12.9] broken?

Just getting around to playing this game on my iPad Pro 12.9” and as soon as the game goes into the first planning mode, I can’t get the game to proceed. Seems like it’s a showstopper bug. Can anyone confirm?