Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I really wish this game could be played on iOS 7, i wont upgrade my iOS version for just one game...

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Honestly, at this point it's probably worth the upgrade. I feel like there's s lot of ios 8 only games by now.

3. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Like what ? And i have a bunch of stuff ill lose from iOS 7 if i upgrade

4. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #284 Brrobotix, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    The halo Spartan games and lost within were the first few I found, but I'm sure I could find more. But basically this is an amazing game and at least for me it would be worth updating for.

Also just curious what are you concerned with breaking in the update. To my knowledge, almost every broken game has been fixed.

5. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Well the major problems for me with upgrading is that i would lose my JB, i use ppsspp a lot (psp emulator) a lot since my psp is dead and i got roms for the umds sitting in my drawer...

Without forgetting i like the tweaks too lol

I might still get this game for my ipad (on ios 8.2 not jailbroken) thing is i love being able to play a game on both my devices, its actually the first time im stuck with my iOS being outdated (my JB iphone is on 7.1.2).

Vainglory almost did the same but ended up giving support for iOS 6.1 and higher after an update, im hoping that transistor can do the same !

And well, theres Final fantasy 7 i really hope to be able to run as well lol, that might actually make me reconsider xD

6. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Yeah I doubt supergiant will make it more compatible with earlier versions, but who knows. JB is a decent reason to avoid it, I think part of why I upgraded was because at the time the latest iOS was jailbreakable. That said if your iPad has ios8 idk what you're waiting for... I feel like this one was better in the bigger screen anyway.

7. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    It seems to be working again on iOS 9 beta 3/public beta 1.
    On my iPhone 5s with iOS 8.4 it's definitely working. Are you jailbroken? Can you try to restart device and/or uninstall+reinstall the game?

8. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Ok, I think this thread is stale at this time but anyway I can't seem to find a way to make this work, so I hope someone would listen and enlighten me.

How can I use iCloud saves to resume playing on my iPad from the point I left the game on my iPhone? I mean, it is possible, isn't it? Or does iCloud saving only work per device in this game?

9. I had both devices synced when I was playing. I don't think I did anything special to make it work -- it just did.

10. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Hmmm... Really strange then. I am logged in with the same iCloud account and game center account too. If I go to "profiles" in game, I see two different profiles (or save slots) are the top. I think the latter device I installed the game to would just sync and download the same save slots I have on the first device I played on, but for some reasons the two profile blocks are different :/

11. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Oh funny. It actually worked! It seems the two devices now just synced. I now have on both devices the wrong saves :/ It synced to the latter device, where I restarted the game not being able to sync the saves from my phone; so now I've lost all my progress and I'm back at almost the beginning of the game U_U
    I thought it would check the save date before overwriting :/

12. Oh that sucks. :( I think I started on one device, then continued on the other. Didn't start two separate games. Maybe that confused the system. :(

13. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    The problem is that when I launched the game on the second device, there were no saves from iCloud. The game just started from scratch.
    Then, when I got back to the first device, I could play where I first left the game and on the second device I still had the newly started game.
    It was just today that I noticed that the save on the first device had been overwritten by the second device save :(
    Oh well, I'll just have to play some of it again ;)

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I like this game

15. alburio

alburio Member

Aug 12, 2015
    student
    Guatemala
    WOW, this thing looks really good! will buy it on pay day... im poor :(

16. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I just beat the game
    It was a good experience.

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gone half price people.
    Had it on my watch list since new. Such a big backlog I couldn't commit then.
    But now at half price, well the backlog just got bigger.

18. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    All you need to know is that this is made by the same folks who created Bastion! How could you possibly go wrong?!
    Seriously!

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I just wish they made these for Android too!

20. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    I'm on the same boat but who cares?
    Time to get this one [emoji4]