Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. I didn't use that combo because I like help() too much as a main. But I did use some other combos that did something similar. Wasn't too impressed with the results, though.

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    This may have been answered before but there are a ton of pages to go through haha. Is the game layed out in levels the way Bastion was? I loved being able to play through a level or two on my commute or while my kids were taking a nap.

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #243 Ayjona, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    This might be why ;)

World progress is continuous, and your character go from area to area in a mostly linear fashion. So no world map where you can pick and choose levels, like Bastion. However, the areas are clearly separated, compact and very well suited for quick gaming sessions.

4. aaoh

aaoh Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Freelancer
    USA
    I have this game on Steam, can anyone confirm that the touch screen interactions are good and all? Not sure if I want to buy it. Really love the OST of this game and I don't mind purchasing it as long as it still retains the game play feel on a touch screen!

5. #245 AppUnwrapper, Jun 15, 2015
    Once I finish the game, I'll work on an in-depth review. But for the most part, the controls are great. Occasionally it seems like the button selection areas are off, because I tap them and instead Red walks to that location. In turn(), it usually just means undoing moves sometimes. So, not 100% perfect, but it hasn't been too much of a problem.

I'm currently stuck on the part where I have to sneak past a bunch of enemies. I'm not even really sure where I'm supposed to be running *to*!

Edit: Lol I totally overlooked the destination spot. It was super easy to sneak around them once I realized where I needed to go,

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I've used classic control setup where movement is all on a floating virtual stick. It works well, and you can use the screen to aim attacks and stuff

7. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I would try using load in that combo, seems very well suited for it

8. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    #248 brybry, Jun 15, 2015
    You know... I've considered that. But for some reason I just fancy spark. I know load has a higher damage pay load (pun intended) but spark just hits that sweet spot for me.
    But hey... I'll try it and who knows... I might have a new fancy lol

Edit***
    I remember why I don't use load, it takes more turn than spark, but... Does 5 spark equal 1 load in damage? I guess that will determine wether or not I use it.

9. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Maybe try to use load as a passive with your current setup. Then you can jaunt near one of the loads that spontaneously form, attract enemies to it with your decoy, and use your current get/spark combo to wreak havoc

10. #250 AppUnwrapper, Jun 15, 2015
    Anyone have any advice on defeating the MAN enemies? They're always masked, so my dog doesn't help, and not really sure how to get them out of stealth mode.

Edit: I managed it, but emergency mode kicked In! That was close!

11. #251 AppUnwrapper, Jun 15, 2015
    Ok, seriously having trouble with the MAN enemies. How do you get them to un-stealth without getting right on top of them? I've restarted this battle like 8 times now, trying a few different strategies and nothing's working.

Edit: Did it! Wow, that was really tough.

12. Is anyone besides me still playing this or is everyone on Fallout? :p

I'm on Recursion and having even more fun than on my first play-through.

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I want to play more but haven't had the time to chalk out a longer session for this, don't want to play it in 10 minute bursts.

14. Yeah, I hear you. It definitely demands your full attention.

15. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I got through most of it during a long car ride to Virginia over the weekend, but now I've been having a hard time finding time to play with 10 hrs of work per day

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Hope you weren't driving

17. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Nope. That would've been impressive though (and really irresponsible).

18. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    What an outstanding game from the way the story is unrevealing to amazing artwork, can't wait to see what comes next from one of the best indie studios around!

19. #259 AppUnwrapper, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Anyone get that final speed test done? It keeps whipping my ass.

Edit: Wow I finally managed to do it! :)

20. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=263688][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264135][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263744][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263608][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263491][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263783][​IMG][/thread] [thread=263855][​IMG][/thread]

Transistor

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 11th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo