Universal Transistor (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Ahhh ok. Weird. Since there seems to be a limited number of enemies you kill (and therefore XP you can earn), it would suck if help() eats your XP.

I just removed my passive shield and gave him his Switch bark back because I find it much more useful. I love that combo.

I'm also using Mask on Jaunt. Not sure how effective it is. Maybe passive shield is more useful?

Btw, is it possible to miss out on a function? I don't always scour every inch for interactive spots. I hope I haven't missed anything.

2. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Nah you'll have all of them eventually, as far as I know. Even ones you choose not to pick the first time around will come up in later choices

3. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    First, my apologies as I'm sure this has been asked before. I found the controls in Bastion to be wanting. How are the controls as it pertains to gameplay? Thanks in advance...

4. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    It's either touch-to-walk (like Bastion) or virtual joystick.
    Or you can use an MFi controller.

5. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    If you look the details page on the help() function, you'll see that only enhancing help() with spark() you get the option of planning the hounds (spark() makes help() create 2 small hounds instead of the standard one) actions during turn().
    IDK why they made it different from the PC version. I don't remember if the PS4 version works like PC or you have limitations on help() action planning like on iOS.

6. Ah crap. I lost Jaunt fighting the "tail" and now I think I have to fight the boss without it. That sounds impossible. But I already saved. :( Any advice?

7. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Did that work for you though? For the ps4 version you can plan all variants of the hound.

8. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    It's not ideal, but you might be able to get through it without it. Try to find an access point to switch it out though, then see what happens

9. #209 AppUnwrapper, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    It turned out to just be the tail again, not the actual boss battle. So I made it through and got my Jaunt back. :) Learned my lesson, though. If I lose it again, restart the battle. Not fun to play without it.

Oh no! My game crashed while organizing my functions. Second time it crashed on my iPad Air 2, but luckily it didn't make me lose anything.

10. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I usually don't play with jaunt as a main. I like adding jaunt to other skills so that during the cool down I can still attack instead of just running. My favorite combo is Main: Get() Upgrade1: breach() upgrade2: crash() coupled with main: spark() upgrade1: purge() upgrade2: bounce() then main: ping() upgrade: jaunt()
    And passive being void() and mask()

That's just me.

11. Wow. Definitely different form what I've been using. I will say that those tests force me to try new tactics, since I'm limited to certain Functions.

I haven't tried Jaunt or Breach as upgrades, but I'll test them out in the practice room. Maybe I need to branch out. ;)

12. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I don't main jaunt either. I use it as a passive sometimes to fill my turn meter more quickly. And I usually use switch and mask as mains before I use turn, and I use breach with purge/ping upgrades to deal turn damage along with void(with spark upgrade) to soften up group's first.

I love how many combos are possible

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah the character builds are endless in this one, and it is divine.

The presentation, the mechanics, the controls, the content... GotY material, this one is.

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I agree. Who ever is the brains of this company really knows how to make a great game. There first two games are 2 of the best I've played. It feels more then a game to me. It's like a movie, story, game, adventure all wrapped into one. 10/10

15. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Many Thanks...I'm glad it's virtual stick.

16. Brrobotix

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Supergiant is great. I actually went back and played a little bit of bastion, and I've noticed a lot of similarities. In bastion it was all about having two complementary weapons that covered each others weaknesses, and they really focused on that combination element for transistor. Not to mention the amazing art, soundtrack, and narration...

17. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Am I missing something? I have having problems saving the game. I tap on a save slot and it doesn't actually do anything.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    The game saves automatically. Choosing a save slot only picks a save slot to where it will auto-save.

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Haven't bought this yet though inevitably will. Got a question with regards to narration. Bastion was an English voice over. Is this the same? So I've i play with the phone on silent will I miss everything?

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There's subtitles, but the experience wont be the same, coz the voice acting is just too good. You should have an idea how good it is if you've experienced Bastion. ;)