Transferring/converting save data from iPod to iPad in universal game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by songbird, Nov 21, 2010.

1. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Is there a way to transfer/convert save data from from an iPod to an iPad for a universal game?

I tried posting this twice in the Lego Harry Potter thread but my post went unnoticed. I played alot of the game on my iPod and realized that I'll have to replay the game again to continue playing the game on my iPad when the new OS comes out. Although I'm sure the answer to this question is no, I figured I'd ask anyway. Thank you for any help you can offer... and if not, I was expecting as much.

(This is my first non-game related thread. Sorry if I posted it in the wrong place or anything. If this violates any rules or a thread for this already exists, feel free to shut this thread down.) :)

2. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    (sorry for the double post, but) Did I provide enough info for my question? Or is there just no such thing?

3. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    jmelrose wrote something (today) about an application called "iPhone explorer" in the "Puzzle Quest HD (v2.0.2 out now)" thread to copy over a character. Only thing I've seen that sounded like it worked. Good luck! Let us know if you find something that works.

4. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Interesting! Thank you for pointing that out. I pm'd Jmelrose to see if I can get more info. If I do find a solution to this thread I will post but if anyone else finds it first, do share! :D

5. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    In theory a lot can be done through game center.
    I know it doesn't immediately solve or answer your question but,
    simple stuff like rather you have unlocked a level can be sent back the game once you login if the publishers utilizes the services. Once more games start using this sort of feature players will have to worry less and less about save game data being stored locally.

I think we will see more of this in the future.

6. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    I dont think that Lego Harry Potter utilizes Gamecenter but that is an interesting this to keep in mind for some of my other games. Thank you for pointing that out :)
    *goes to write Warner Bros an email* (anyone got an email address for me?)

7. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Cool - I got my saved game from my iPhone over to the iPad using Phone Disk (same company as iPhone Explorer). I wasn't too far along, but it's pretty nice to be able to do that.

8. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you so much for figuring that out for me! :) I really can't wait to try it. I think I'll update tomorrow and then post back if I successfully accomplish this! :D (wish me luck!)

9. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Good luck!

10. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    This was actually resolved, it is possible with the program Secondtime mentioned! :)