Transferring apps from iPad to iTunes/Mac?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by maikelg, Apr 19, 2017.

1. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I was cleaning up my apps via iTunes to clear some space (I had about 300GB in apps) and by mistake I also deleted one of my favorite apps (Disney Animated). When I wanted to re-download I discovered it was no longer available in the Dutch appstore. It is however still on my iPad right now. Is there any way to transfer it back from my iPad to iTunes? I tried searching online but I can't find any solution for my problem. It seems app thinning kinda broke that option although this app is iPad only. If I buy a new iPad in the future will it still transfer from my old iPad to my new iPad even when it's not available in the appstore or on my own library anymore or is Disney Animated lost forever?

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    how up to date is your iOS and iTunes version? If you have updated past iOS 8 you will not be able to transfer your purchase from iPad to mac or pc. It is because of app thinning which is ironic because it doesn't seem like most developers are even using the app thinning feature.

Have you checked you purchase history? Just go to the purchased section of the App Store and search for it to see if you can still download it. You can find the search bar on you phone by going to the purchased section and pulling down from the top.

3. maikelg

maikelg Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Nah, "unfortunately" I'm all up to date. I was hoping there would be third party programs that would let me pull apps directly from my iPad, but even those don't wrk beyond iOS8. Loos like I have to be extra careful not to delete this one.