Transfering itunes files

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by yourofl10, Feb 13, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I might get a new computer, if soo how do I transfer all of my itunes files to my new computer without repurchasing the same files/items?

2. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Hook up to iTunes with your device and the new computer, if you get any pop ups about restoring just cancel. right click or dbl tap the device icon and hit transfer purchases, pop ups may appear asking you to authorize the account of witch each app came from assuming you have more than one account with content on your device. Each account can have five machines authorized and each device can hold content from five different accounts.
    all iTunes related content will then go into you iTunes and it's folders.....then you can safely backup and restore. I have multiple accounts and transfer between pc and mac all the time using this method. But always keep an eye on your iTunes folder and keep back ups on the other computer until your sure the've all made it. And remember everytime you update an app and synch up your iTunes to that update that the older versions go into the trash or recycle bin. Ipa's are pretty transferable just read all the prompts!

3. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Thank u

+1