Transfer PC iTunes Folder to SD Card?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Coldar, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    My iTunes folder is getting to 3 GB and wondering if I can transfer this folder to an SD card I always have tapped into my pc. (got windows xp) I don't believe when I back-up, purchase games, etc on my Touch that iTunes will find it (but could be wrong). But could I simply transfer any downloaded games, new back-up, music, etc to the SD card afterwards and leave an other wise empty iTunes folder on the pc? Thanks in advance for any info on this. Not sure if Lounge is the place for this but seems a general type question.....

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #2 Coldar, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    Guess I should revise my title to say my iTunes folder can swim. I'd probably get a slew of responses..lol. (Referring to another thread in Lounge)
    *Sigh* Ok......I'll just turn off the lights and.....go.

3. Galley

Galley Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Yes, you can store your iTunes library on an SD card, but I don't see why you would want to. Pick up a cheap external hard drive instead.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    SD's are what I have plenty of and their cheap. Had a bad experience w/ an Omega (the purple one) many years ago so used SD's since. Might check one out now though cuz prefer iTunes folder on disc.
    Thanks for the reply.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Technology's come a long way. Those SD cards are really easy to lose, and some are kinda fragile. Portable HDs are faster, aren't they?