Transfer iPhone game saves to iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by chinito77, Oct 5, 2010.

1. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Oct 5, 2010
    I have a few games that I would like to play on iPad but I can't figure out how to transfer game saves?

To start over in Final Fantasy would set me back tons of hours and I bought additional tracks for Ridge Racer which don't show up on the iPad. I downloaded some programs that back up the data outside of iTunes but I can't seem to get the savedata.dat file from the iPhone to the iPad.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I thought you could restore your iPad using your iPhone's backup file... Maybe that's not possible.

As for the programs that allow you to backup save data: I think the only way to put the save data on is if you have a jailbroken iOS device.

3. chinito77

chinito77 Member

Oct 5, 2010
    My devices are not Jail broken. I used a program called Pod to Mac which lets me back up files from applications but it cannot be uploaded back to the device. At least I'm not sure how. It works great for backing up play-lists.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    For game saves you will need to have a jailbroken device. I was saying that the only way to put saves onto the device will be if it is jailbroken.

5. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    Download Iphone Backup Extractor. Google it, works with all devices, then you sync and drop those files in the 22222-22222-22222 folder (depends on game). I think you have to be jailbroken to actually winscp/funbox etc.

Quick Question: Can you sync Ipod Touch backup to Iphone 4?

6. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    When you first start up your new device on iTunes you have to register it. In one of the columns select 'replace old device' or something like that. I'm not sure if you can re-register though.

7. rogerchiu

rogerchiu Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Assistant Manager
    Hong Kong
    I used iPhone Explorer to save and restore apps files and data. No need to JB. But not working for every apps. It works most of the apps for me. Backup before doing this. ^_^

8. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

This. I upgraded mu 2g touch to the 4g and have all my games saves, and selected replace old device during the registration part.