Universal Train Conductor World: European Railway (by The Voxel Agents)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 2, 2016.

1. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Thanks! :)

I've opened up all the stations and ports now except for Marseille. Hope the devs will update with new stations soon.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #62 Qwertz555, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    I seem to know all tips and tricks from this little thread and PG.
    But i know and admit, I play this multitasking game not optimized (or wrong) while laying on my couch, holding my 5s with both hands. Therefor i completely suck to succeed in any Chaos mode except the "easy" one in Mons.
    I have 7 stations (2-stars at least) and 4 ports with 9 incomes. Not even too bad, i'd say.

I've never experienced such a constantly bad generating mood in my seven ios years. Many and even more horrible cheap crashes by design*, imho.

And yet i keep going, lol. Can't help myself, but it's just too charming to quit, sigh. My free continue and a pretty fast game replay help as well.

* I'm stuck on two missions (girl signs) in Amsterdam and Berlin for days now. Deliver all trains...both equal Chaos mode rather than some challenging but doable in-between missions. Design again...and/or my missing skills.

The update was very helpful. Big thanks.
    Lyon came in as the third impossible Chaos mission, same as the two above mentioned. Now i could switch back to Difficult and i was able to complete two of them. It also makes sense that the Devs cut out the continue in these specific missions since no mistake is allowed.

3. Zappp16

Zappp16 New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Managed to link up 3 of the ports to the max limit of 6 stations & the remaining 2 ports to 5 stations, making a total of 28/30 streams of coins.

Ironically, that removes the incentive to continue playing the station levels or even to collect those coin streams as that just bumps up the coin quota to get new track pieces.

Does that quota ever stop increasing - I'm up to 980 now. Seems like the only way to collect track pieces without increasing the quota is to watch that daily ad to collect 1 piece.

4. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Same with me, although two of the ones I'm stuck on are "2-star Verdon" and "3-star Bastei", which along with Matterhorn, are also the only levels that I haven't completed yet :( I was stuck on a mission that required a bigger score than its previous chaos-mode high score, but with a lot of persistance, I got there eventually. I'm sure it won't be long before I'm stuck on all 3 missions again though!

Bastei is annoying the heck out of me though, as the stars vanish too quickly when the train reaches the end of its track - I've got 97% so many times because I didn't move one train in the tiny fraction of a second allowed, I have to take long breaks to avoid causing physical damage to my ipad. I don't think I'm ever going to 2-star Verdon as its stupidly difficult even on hard mode...

I'm currently on 1208 and it's still going up. On the plus side, I do have 96 track pieces spare in case they do add more stations in a future update. I don't understand the benefit in delaying getting pieces though - unless an update freezes the count, and I'd imagine they would freeze it at a set point and not just lock it at whatever your total currently is, then you're still going to need to get those pieces eventually.

As far as I know, nothing else changes when the counter increases. The game doesn't feel any more difficult, the daily "watch an ad to get a piece / more coins" still happens, I still get a good selection of iron track drops, and I still see a lot of trains carrying pieces on the levels themselves. It's entirely possible that the game might secretly change depending on the counter value (only the devs will know for sure), but to me, it doesn't feel like it.

5. Zappp16

Zappp16 New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Ya, ok, that makes sense to just continue & just let the quota go up. Hope it stops at a certain point though.

Stuck at Matterhorn mission to get 25 stars. Worse, it's not one of those "One chance only" events, which means it'll probably remain on my screen indefinitely... sob.

6. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    You skipped Warsaw station and Prague.

7. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    To be fair, they didn't exist when I made that list... I apologise for not editing my post to add them though :D

I still enjoy picking up this game every now and again, but I'm starting to get bored waiting for new content. They made 3-starring levels easier in the Warsaw+Prague update, removing the (near-impossible) challenge I had finishing Verdon. Also, by that time I had 300 track pieces spare which meant I could not only reach the two new stations instantly, but (due to the whole new easiness thing) 3 starred those with no effort. I've never seen the point in trying to fight the leaderboards, spending hours squeezing out an extra few points just to get closer to some impossible goal, so that only leaves the tasks, and they're too easy / repetitive now the task list keeps resetting. So now I just turn it on every couple of days, do a couple of tasks, and go back to playing something else...

And without having any reason to keep playing the game, where's the incentive to buy more train packs (there's no reason to buy track pieces any more!)? They obviously allowed for more expansion, because the "track converter fruit machine" looks like it's going to open another slot if you try and put an iron piece in it, so maybe they planned tunnels for water or mountains? If it takes too long to develop+test new levels, maybe they could add a "Chaos+" 4th star mode to at least give us something more to achieve?

I just hope they haven't completely given up developing it due to poor sales, because I do still enjoy playing TC, as I did with the earlier versions - I just need something to do! :(

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #68 Qwertz555, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Your next post sounds better, but for me, the above is still a pain in my...rail, and i gave them endless attempts.
    - Verdon, Matterhorn (1 star)
    - Paris, Lyon, Bastei, Berlin (2 stars)

Even after the update, i'm still stuck in Paris and now in Bastei for "get all stars in chaos mode". Skipping these missions is not possible. Maybe the Devs are reading this, but since i'm more or less done playing it very actively, i definitely won't reach out for them anymore. It's ok, i had big fun and a good long share with this game. (Spent $6)
    I still will gather the coins from my 23 stations once in a while, because i'm very positive that we still might see some new stations down the road. Btw, i'm at 1500+ for a new rail.

Edit: today's "all stars in Lyon, chaos" seals my full missions stuck, forever (without an update).

9. jabbasoft

jabbasoft Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 29, 2012
  10. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    In case anyone is still playing this, they just released an update with four new cities and a new dock.

Also a new track type for building across water.

11. kelvinate

kelvinate New Member

Jun 27, 2011
    The new update have a new three-way tracks

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Another new Train Conductor World update has hit the App Store.

13. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    5€ to remove ADS is a little bit expensive... but the Game is really polished...

14. Powerbacon

Powerbacon Active Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Hello! I'm new on this game and Im experiencing a little problem... My phone gets really hot with this game! It is impressive! Not even Real Racing 3 or Infinity Blade 3 do the same to my phone, but this one... Is anyone having the same problem?
    I'm on iOS 10.0.2, iPhone 6S Plus

Cheers!

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    My question is:

In your opinion what do the 2 options do : energy saver and reduce movement ?

What kind of changes they do?

Thanks

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I asked devs and they are really kind and polite. I suggest to activate battery saver and deactivate reduce movement.

Also this game imho is near perfection, my only suggestion is to reduce price of ads remover from 5 to 2... I think more people will pay this price.

Anyway great game.

17. Dritesh

Dritesh New Member

Jan 26, 2017
    Can I exchange unwanted alloy tracks?

18. AgentSimon

AgentSimon Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    Very soon! Major update in-development. Actually the biggest update we've ever done. Including finally opening the last slot in the tile trader so you can trade in those alloy tiles.

On that note, if anyone here is playing, or starts playing, let me know what you'd like to see in this next update!

PraetorianX likes this.
  19. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Go premium and drop IAPs)

20. AgentSimon

AgentSimon Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Male
    Game Designer
    Melbourne
    Hrm, that update might be a touch bigger than we were planning ;P While we're at it perhaps we'll make it a cross-platform MMO at the same time?

PraetorianX likes this.