Universal Train Conductor World: European Railway (by The Voxel Agents)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I just wish you could get train skins without a large IAP. Entirely optional but it is nice to change things up sometimes but 3.99 is a lot for a skin. The IAP is not in your face really so I'm complaining I'm general, I just hate completely blocked content. On the fence a about the nno Ad IAP.... With the way track pieces are earned it does give a little hint of F2P. I'm not one to spend constantly on a game unless new content is amazing. Regardless, great game!

2. FerranMG

FerranMG Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Does this game have in-game notifications when the ports are full, so that you can go collect the cash?
    I might have dismissed the prompt the first time I got it, and don't know how to activate them back.

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Is there any way to get my saved game from my iPad to my iPhone? It appears not, but I thought I'd check in case I have missed something... It does seem odd that a game like this doesn't have iCloud saves.

There's a button on the top right of the screen when you select a port, I can't remember if it appears all the time or if the port has to be full or empty ... not got my iPad with me right now so I can't check though.

4. FerranMG

FerranMG Active Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Gotcha, thank you!
    Sorry I can't help you with your question.

5. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    If I buy the ad remover will it take away the video now at the bottom left for a "free" tile?

6. PrimoBr

PrimoBr Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    No, i bought the ad remover at launch, and the free tile ads are still at the bottom left.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I've opened 8 stations and 4 posts but now that I'm left with the stations in south Europe, such as Matterhorn, it really is quite a grind - everything is covered in forests so you need iron blocks. It's also a bit odd you get more money from those posts than actually playing the game!

Question: I forgot how you upgrade blocks from wood to iron. Can someone refresh my memory? How does that upgrade machine work?

8. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    I wrote about that in my App Store review. It's now taking me forever to open a new port after Lyon thanks to the need for more iron tiles. I hope the devs will make it easier somehow to get them. It all comes down to luck now which sucks. There's only so much we can play before the current ports get stale.

As for the upgrade machine, you will need 5 wood tiles to slot into it in exchange for a randomly generated iron tile.

9. Dentorin

Dentorin Active Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I don't find this to always be true. Just lost a Chaos Bruges because I sent a train to an empty exit and while that train was traveling a new train entered from that side. No way to alter their path in Bruges that I'm aware of and no way to know it was coming to make better decisions. The train was already too close to the exit so I could tap and hold to buy myself some more time to think about how screwed I was but I couldn't get the new train out safely. If there's a train heading to a correct exit and the path can no longer be changed, they shouldn't penalize the player by spawning a new train at that location.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Wow 5 wood for 1 random iron piece? That's pretty lousy.

11. ShinHadoukin

Feb 20, 2015
    I like the game, it is well made & fun but it is pretty true to F2P, a good version but still F2P. Hardly get any track pieces, timers for new missions to start, 5 wooden pieces to make 1 random iron piece, ads to continue, random pop-up ads, video buttons on the bottom left for your "free" coins & piece. Also, I cannot tell you how many times I have been playing a special one-time event & have a train spawn where s train is already correctly going (as mentioned above). Well, one time event so I continue by watching an ad. Yes, I opted in but there are definitely me shin a here to incoirage constant ad watching. So, I can pay 1.99 and have no pop-ups & a free continue. Not too bad, however the came keeps all other F2P mechanics. If I could pay the 1.99 (or a little more) & I would just get a free piece & some coins each day without an ad I would be all-in. As is, I'll play for a little while & be gone. The devs won't care (even though the game is designed for you to play forever & always watch ads) b/c I will watch a million ads before I go b/c that's how the game economy works. I'm not a hater or automatically hate F2P (though I usually avoid). This is a "well done" F2P game that does let you play all you want just super slow to get stuff. Too long I know. I would love to have the idea of paying to have no ads: no free piece & free coon buttons you just get the free coins & piece at the same rate just without watching an ad after paying (so I guess the button can stay, just click for the stuff & no ad). Fingers crossed but not happening.

12. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I played my "traffic-lights-crossing-type" chunk a long time ago, never liked it, not my genre.
    I saw this played on Twitch and the positive reactions about these adorable graphics and especially satisfying controls made me curious.

What can i say, i immediately payed the two bucks for no-ads but for that one continue in special. And i really thought it was a full game unlock. Oops, my bad lol, my ads-blocker completely covered every (very well done, imho) f2p aspect in this game, and i don't mind here at all. I don't play puzzle-y games for too long in one go anyways.

Absolutely worth a look for free.

13. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #53 globbits, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    I don't see this as a f2p game? Once you buy the "no ads" unlock, there are no more forced ads, and nothing else you need to buy, unless you want to pay to shortcut the game and open all levels early. And you get to keep and reuse the track pieces you earn - it's not like they wear out and need replacing, or the whole game shuts down for a few hours, like most traditional F2P games do.

Sure it does leave in the option of watching an ad per day to get an extra track piece, but it throws enough of them at you that you don't desperately need it if you don't want to view them. Not only do you get random pieces just by playing the game (some trains carry a piece that you earn at the end if you don't crash), but the "earn a piece at this amount of gold" point ramps up slowly enough that, at the point where it starts to feel like grinding levels just to earn another piece, you should have got enough ports up and running so they can give you a free piece every few hours.

Besides, as lots of people have recognised, the random train generator has mood swings that vary from "generous" to "kill all humans", so if you care about getting three stars on the levels, you're going to be replaying them a lot of times! And that's without considering the gold you earn from completing missions, when they open up.

I got most of the world unlocked just from the free pieces in only a few days of play and didn't even spot the "no ads" unlock for most of it, although I admit to getting impatient and buying a pack of iron corners just to reach the last station and optimise a route to one of the ports. Now though, I have more pieces than I know what to do with (I've filled 22 out of 30 slots at the ports, earning over 1000 gold every 3 to 4 hours) and no use for them until they release an update that expands the map...

If you really are running low on track pieces, then I would suggest editing your tracks to remove unnecessary bits, or maybe routing them in a different direction to avoid forests / make better use of the iron pieces you do have. And if you haven't already done so, as long as all stations are connected in some form, they don't need to be connected to each other directly. So for example, instead of linking Mons to Bruges, do Mons to Rotterdam and Rotterdam to Bruges. This way, you might use an extra few wood pieces, but you get 120 gold when the port fills up, and you can remove any tracks you put down to open Bruges in the first place. Similarly, if you have a good joining piece, don't link Paris to Bruges (or Mons) - link Paris into the track that goes from Bruges (or Mons) to Rotterdam, and suddenly you get 180 gold every few hours, and the three stations are still connected so you're fine.

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Something I think I've noticed - initially you get a lot more iron track pieces but now that I'm over 500 coins necessary for a level-up, I only get wood pieces - I don't get iron tracks at all. To reach the final levels such as Matterhorn, you need many iron track pieces. So it appears to be the paywall pushing you into buying iron track packs as the random upgrade machine requires a huge grind otherwise.

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Slightly off topic, achievements were promised by the Vocel Agents, this game has so much potential to be great when bugs are fixed.

16. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    Unless the last update changed anything, I still got / still do get random iron piece drops, and I'm currently at well over 800 per piece. Admittedly, I am also getting a lot of wood pieces as well, but they're only useful for feeding the tile upgrade machine now until I fill up my ports.

17. yachris

yachris Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Can't build under clouds?

I'm trying to connect Amsterdam to Hamburg, and I have the necessary tiles, but there's cloud bank over part of the route.

I can't place a tile there! Is there something I need to do first?

Thanks!

18. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    You'll need to connect another nearer city first to push back the cloud (Cologne maybe?).

19. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Just a quick question for those who have already finished the game, how many playable stations in total are there? I counted and my guess is 9.

20. globbits

Jul 24, 2009
    There are 11 stations and 5 ports.

Stations:
    Amsterdam
    Bastei
    Berlin
    Bruges
    Cologne
    Lyon
    Matterhorn