Universal Train Conductor World: European Railway (by The Voxel Agents)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 2, 2016.

1. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Does it have iCloud sync?

2. BigJP

BigJP Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Handy hint: instead of tapping a train to stop it in its tracks and losing a star, just hold it in place by not taking your finger off. This way, you keep the star and avoid a crash. Let go to set train off again. :) It's still tricky to manage the other trains though if they're all coming at once so it's not fool proof. I like that there's a certain amount of RNG but skill is the dominant factor overall. I've only managed three stars in Mons out of all the cities, I mean, this game is HARD.

3. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost

A very simple yet challenging game. You have to complete a mission PERFECTLY in order to get all the stars. I remember a game similar to this but it was an airplane to properly land on the airport. Good game.

4. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    This is a delightful casual game, surprisingly enjoying it more than I probably should. The presentation is superb.

5. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Enjoying this game a lot :) opened up 9 stations and 3 starred 7 of them :) and of all the cargo ports I opened I have 3 stations going to them for maximum profit :)

Oh and all of this without spending a dime it really doesn't throw iap's in your face unless you like to advance faster and buy some tracks

If I stick with this game for longer will throw some money they way and buy a different train skin

6. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    As not a fan of f2p and IAPs I checked and $1.99 for no ads.

QUOTE=lboldham;3803391]Does anyone know the IAP cost to remove ads?[/QUOTE]

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Can you post a jpg with your train network? I've unlocked 6 levels and 2 ports and opening more seems like a monumental task with the price of each box becoming increasingly more expensive.

Also, what's the benefit of connecting ports with more than 1 station?

8. sbirksy666

Sep 25, 2012
    #28 sbirksy666, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Will try but in the past my app has had trouble uploading pictures every time when I want to add an attachment it uploads it but doesn't allow me to post which is stupid because there's a few forums in which I wanted to post pictures :( crash lands being one of them lol :)

And yeah it's a great benefit for every full countdown collection

One track = 60 coins
    Second track = another 60 coins
    Third track = another 60 coins
    And fourth = you guessed it another 60

From the top of my head at the current set up I think there's only 2 ports where you can connect the four tracks.....that's until they add tracks that can go through sea and mountains lol :)

*edit* yeah just tried picture won't upload but am guessing people will be at different points in the Map, even if we had the same amount of coins and the same time it all depends on what pops out the little gift box

E.g tracks that you need versus tracks that keep popping out that you don't need....

FYI I haven't upgraded any Wooden tracks yet to iron until am sure I won't need them anymore, in the meantime I have just been placing the wooden ones in between the stations I have not built yet hoping to get the iron ones to fit in the gaps

*edit 2* and have let the ports do most of the work because in between this game am juggling crash lands, final fantasy 9, implosion plus a few others lol

9. gakuka

gakuka Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    I just started playing this game but I had to comment on how much I'm really enjoying it! I picked up the IAP just to support devs, I didn't even know there were ads, so I guess that means they don't throw them in your face TOO much.
    Seriously just a fun good time, lots of time management and even when it doesn't work out at least you get to see a cool crash. I am assuming all of these trains are automated and no one was harmed, at least I hope that is the case :).

10. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Out of curiosity, is there a level that allows you to place tracks on the sea? I think that would be really cool because I'm currently seeing clouds around the area where England is supposed to be. I'm guessing there should be, right?

11. sbirksy666

Sep 25, 2012
    Yeah that currently has not been worked on yet I believe, the only tracks we have at the moment are grass and forest tracts (wooden and iron)

Hopefully later on when they release more content and more stations we can get sea and mountain tracks

12. Tubbers

Tubbers Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Just FYI, you can connect a port to up to 6 stations - just need to branch your tracks the right way so that there's a continuous track from the station to the port :)

Does anyone know if the cost of the tracks ever maxes out, or if they just keep getting 5 more expensive each time?

13. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Right. I would love to see England included in the game at some point because that's where I'm from haha. Anyway thanks for telling me. :)

14. RichardMagpies

RichardMagpies Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    So how many levels is there? I've got lines going to Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam,Rotterdam, Bruges, Mons, Paris and I can see one more that i'm pretty far away from. Is there more than that? Do the clouds go away as you unlock more track?

15. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    #35 globbits, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    Based off the ones I can see:
    Amsterdam
    Bastei
    Berlin
    Bruges
    Cologne
    Lyon
    Matterhorn
    Millau
    Mons
    Paris
    Verdon

And the ports:
    Dijon
    Hamburg
    Marseille
    Rotterdam
    Stuttgart

I haven't gotten to Verdon or Marseille yet to know if there's anything else hidden under the clouds on the bottom, but the list of high scores on gamecenter appears to agree with that list of stations.

It went up in 5s until 500, now my next limit is 504 - I'll have to wait a couple of hours before I find out what the next limit is ;)

Edit: next limit is 508, so it's now going up in 4s.

16. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Not kind of. This sucks. You can't even change the lane for one to get things done without crashing. I don't mind grind even if I buy some tile packs but I can't resist RNG that just screws me over everytime like this. Situation that I'm talking about is there in later levels at least 2/3 rounds. Sorry developers, I'm done here.

17. sbirksy666

Sep 25, 2012
    That's why you HOLD down on the train (this is different from tapping and stopping it completely) this will stop it for as long as your finger is held on it (after a while it will start to go regardless of if your finger is on it)

Giving you enough time to redirect the other train and get that moving again.....I have done this with 3 different trains to redirect another train so none of them hit

And this still keeps the star intact, my only complaint is I don't think there mention this kind of stopping in the tutorial....it would have been helpful and stop people from getting fustrated

I only found out this way of stopping by chance and noticed the star was still there after letting go of the train

Remember hold and don't tap

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah, the game is great, but I can't play a game without Achievements, so glad they are coming.

19. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    What's the point of completing a shift and getting all the stars? Sure it opens a harder difficulty but then completing the objectives is tougher - which is actually the opposite that you want to achieve. Or am I missing something?

20. globbits

globbits Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    The higher difficulty gives you more trains, helping you grind to the next piece quicker. You'll also find that you'll eventually get objectives requiring you to have gained a star on a level - don't worry though, as long as you have a star, it'll automatically give it to you, and not expect you to do another perfect run.