Universal Trail Boss BMX (by Yeah Us!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Because I play on iPad and I dont like having to hold it. Also, swiping and reaching for the trick button feels clunky on a device that big.

Also, why not include it? The other versions with have it. Once IOS 13 drops everyone that owns a console will have a gamepad that works.

2. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    This dev just doesn't fail at making good, really good games. So nice to know beforehand that it's going to be good, then when it does release it's even better than good!

Fantastic game!

Do wish it had a replay orbit/free cam view so we could enjoy the ride from a different view afterwards. Screenshot/Photographer is a nice touch though! Worth every penny paid.

3. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I’m currently stuck on Atlas map. I’m supposed to do 4m oppo 360 turndown transfer, but no matter how much I’m jumping sideways, it’s never 4m.

So what exactly counts as a “transfer”? I was under impression it’s jumping between two ramps sideways. Digression from straight path to side path. But it seems like sometimes my transfer counter starts running even when I’m simply jumping in a straight line.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    How do you take a picture? I’m stuck on challenges for the ones that ask for one.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It is. You’re just not on the right...path, shall we say? ;)

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Photographs are taken automatically at certain parts of the tracks. They’re always in the same place. Take the tracks out for a spin before attempting to complete tasks and you’ll discover where pics are taken. If you can’t find out where they’re supposed to be, you’re not looking hard enough. ;)

7. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks. Yeah, been paying more attention to that I’ve been doing and not enough to the surroundings off the track. :)

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Duh.. I’m jumping there like a goat on steroids, starting to lose my patience. Would you be so kind and give me a hint? Having difficulties at Amateur levels makes me wonder where and when I’ll get stuck for good :)

[​IMG]

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I'll have to get back to you in a while buddy. Forgot exactly how to do it and I don't have my phone on me. :(

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @metalcasket no rush.. I’d say I might figure it out by myself but it doesn’t seem realistic considering...

I’ll do some progress on other maps in the meantime. :)

EDIT by the way, it might not work for you once you completed it.. I realized the gates for example disappears once you meet the challenge requirements.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Am I the only one still playing?! I needed a break from Dead Cells.. So, how do I do 720 backflip? Note that I can do 360 backflip just fine, it's 720 that doesn't work for me no matter what. Anyone?

13. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    #33 Rangerlump, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    How do I skid? I saw the unlock screen for a second, now there is no mention of it in the controls or menus.

Every track is requiring some sort of skidding now, but I missed the unlock screen and the game doesnt say anything... annoying / frustrating

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Rangerlump I did it twice today, by accident though. Although it's part of the fun to figure things out by yourself, some advanced tutorial and/or practice stage sure would be great.

15. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    Figured it out from a youtube comment.
    its double-tap and hold into a turn.

macplash likes this.
  16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Rangerlump thank you! Right after your advice I unlocked new challenges and the very 1st one was to "skid for 3 seconds". What a coincidence. I'd be lost without you! ;)

Once you know how to do it, it's so easy... :cool:

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    (Only a photo of) successful “oppo 720 indian to turndown(I didn’t record a video of) that will never ever happen again. Took me like half an hour of trying. And than I remember reading a post from developer that some guy contacted him the day one with request to make the game harder because it took him 6 hours only for 100% completion. The nerve on some people, right?

[​IMG]

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #38 macplash, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    @Rangerlump or anyone playing the game. How do I do manual? In previous games it was riding on the rear wheel. I didn’t know it’s possible here. Now it’s one of the easy (?) challenges.. do 360 tailwhip to manual to oppo 360 tailwhip. I mean. WTF?

EDIT: nevermind. One needs to unlock it first.. sigh.. who would’ve known.

[​IMG]

19. Rangerlump

Jan 20, 2010
    Mac, thanks for the headsup on manuals, I havent unlocked them yet. still loving the game. im 34% done, almost have Pro unlocked.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #40 macplash, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    @Rangerlump I am not that far myself, 42% and just started playing Pro challenges. Dunno if it’s classified as OCD but unless I’ve got everything unlocked in previous stages, I’m not moving forward. Always have been like this. If the level isn’t 3 starred, I’m stuck there even though there’s an option to do the rest and come back later. Also I’m 4 challenges away from unlocking Hard tricks on all stages. Can’t wait.

Btw, I got in touch with Andy (the dev) on instagram and 1st update is coming next week. Few bug fixes, optional tilt controls, improved help section! Yay :)

EDIT: here's my 1st successful manual.. As mentioned before, 360 TAILWHIP to MANUAL to OPPO 360 TAILWHIP.. tricks are becoming more difficult with each new challenge