Universal Traffic Rider (by Soner Kara)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skgames, Dec 24, 2015.

1. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    hope that gets fixed before ... previous comments had me thinking it was counting cars and trucks as separate, in which case it's a difficulty balancing issue not a bug? hard to believe this dev disappeared, but maybe he/she is on a thrilling exotic african safari where even roaming charges do not apply...

2. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I know, it gets challenging sometimes. But this is somehow intended. We don't want to lower the difficulty too much, but if everyone thinks that "20 overtakes in 50 seconds" is impossible to beat, then we will make it easier. But I want to add that thousands of players around the World already finished all the missions. So I think, TouchArcade can do better :)

3. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I see how overtaking 20 cars in :50 seconds could seem impossible for the casual iOS crowd out there. Personally, I found that challenge to be easy as pie

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I almost beat it just now. Was so close again lol. I got the update.

The problem is you give 55 seconds but it's taking 12 seconds before you even reach a car. That's not difficulty. That's just not cool. This last attempt the first vehicle I reached from start I had 44.3 seconds out of 55.

Billy

5. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    I did have to purchase the green dirt bike as the starter scooter didn't have enough umph

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #66 LordShad0wz, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    I spent over $12 on the game. I have the starter pack and I fully upgraded the bike that was included with it as well as I purchased the coin doubler.

My issue isn't the bike. I have an excellent bike. My issue is it's not overtake. It's near miss. And then the level starts and you lose out on up to 12 seconds before you even get to the first vehicle to start overtaking. Then you continue and have 10 seconds but ou have to speed up to full speed to consider overtaking a vehicle and out of that ten seconds you lose 5. And you get charged gold or watch a video to continue. This isn't about skill. You are just hampered in a non fun way. And it's been weeks and I'm stuck and cannot progress. Why couldn't the dev place a way to bypass a mission for gold or cash or make it so we have to come back to it at another time so I'm not completely stuck.

Billy

7. ih8itunes

ih8itunes Member

Aug 16, 2014
    skgames, Can you please explain the difference among the Endless, Time Trial and Free Ride mode?

Endless and Free Ride sound identical and there doesn't seem to be any time limit in Time Trial mode, so that makes it Endless as well.

A help screen would be pretty useful in this game to answer the FAQs.

8. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Time Trial has actually a time limit of 100 seconds. Endless has no time limit. Free Ride is a bit weird. You can set the density of the traffic and play freely. It never ends, even if you crash. There is no score or earnings in this mode.

9. IStillHaveAVCR

IStillHaveAVCR New Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Big fan of Traffic Racer, and in the first few seconds of playing this I'm already hooked. More deets in a few.

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i like this! much better than that other bike game that you had to hit the blue circle to overtake. It had shiny graphics but the gameplay sucked, Traffic Rider gives me the feeling of speedrushing and weaving on a bike :) Thinking to buy something for supporting it!

11. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Third person camera option? Interested, but I don't do FPR.

12. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Maybe the timer shouldn't start the countdown until you've near-missed (overtaken) the first vehicle?

13. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    What counts as an overtake? Must be a near miss or is there something else? It is only the beginning but I have truble with them allready.

14. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    Yes, it's near-miss.

15. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    We have set mission times considering that gap.

16. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    I have managed first two overtaking mission but the third one I don't think I can do it. I think it is mission 14, overtaking 30 cars in 50 or 60 seconds. Even almost perfect run and there were still 8 left.

17. skgames

Aug 31, 2012
    It's a bit challenging but not that much. Try to use the oncoming traffic as much as possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOhpEeMxHM

18. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Thanks, didn't know oncomming traffic counts. Maybe mission should be make 30 near misses in 60 seconds?

19. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #79 hvianna, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    I'm using the handlebar steering with manual accelerator and I can't find a way to properly control my wheelies, so I've been thinking:

How about an alternate control method where I could tap (instead of holding) the wheelie button to start a wheelie and then use the handlebar to control the bike while it would keep wheeling. If I want to end the wheelie I would tap or hold the brakes.

I think this would be a quite accurate representation, except in real life you would use the rear (foot) brake.

20. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Will iCloud sync be available soon? Really love this game