Universal Traffic Rider (by Soner Kara)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skgames, Dec 24, 2015.

1. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    I hadn't tried anything besides the tilt controls, but thanks to your post I decided to try the handlebar and it's actually really good! The only con is that I can't control the bike during wheelies, but it's pretty accurate and allows me to play in a more laid down position. Thanks Billy! :)

2. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #42 Freeway82, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Good game but I got some suggestions.

Firstly, make it clear what you mean by overtake because one has to figure that out himself.

Secondly the time for the overtake missions are ridiculous. Overtake 10 cars in 35 seconds and the next mission following it is overtake 20 cars in 50 seconds. I mean really?

Considering the fact that you have to speed up before cars begin appearing which eats 10 seconds of the 50 seconds already.

Thirdly, when time runs out during overtake missions and someone pays coins to continue, the time should be more than 10 seconds considering that you have to build up speed again which eats up the time again.

If not let the bike remain on or close to its top speed when respawning.

Lastly, is there anyway to incorporate a form of point to point racing with other bikes? Even if just 3 other bikes, with or without traffic.

I believe that would diversify the game a lot.

Good game nevertheless.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I would have to agree. I think the time given upon continue needs to be more than. 10 seconds. And it isn't over taking. It's really near missing. I'm stuck right now on the mission where I need to get 20 in 50 seconds. It's really difficult.

Billy

4. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    #44 H4nd0fg0d, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Beat that no prob. Time for you to abandon those tilt controls. Lol
    Edit
    Just read below, you've used the touch controls. Oops

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Show a video or it didn't happen lol :p just messing. I'll get it eventually. But I still think more time needs to be added for a continue.

Billy

6. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Not sure how much of a difference it makes but I purchased the coin doubler, so I beat it on the moderately upgraded first street bike. The yellow one, I believe. Hope that helps.

7. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Just came across this game and it's awesome! Reminds me of doing this in GTAV

8. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    In my opinion it's quite s basic game, where you weave in and out of traffic, in a road with no curves. There was an old James Bond game for the PS2 that had this setup in one particular mission. In any case, you get where this game is going after a few minutes. Not as enthusiastic as the majority here. The graphics are nice though.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Well, yeah that is the basic of this game. Every their opinions though.

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Grind and get a new bike. Problem solved.

11. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    This is half of what I mean in my previous post. The unusually high real money cost of a handful of bikes (which can ONLY be bought with real money) just strikes me as gouging 'completionists'. Justifying this with the argument that the best bike can be earned doesn't really hold water: it still looks like gouging.

The second argument that dual in-game currency was required? Well I could stomach that IF all the bikes were somehow and reasonably unlockable through gameplay - which they are not.

Again: gorgeous game but the IAP structure is not for me. Though I continue to be a huge advocate and fan of Traffic Racer and will watch this thread for updates.

12. lucky4u1986

lucky4u1986 Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Oh nice! A new game! Downloading now. Excited to play it. Congrats on the new addition to the family!!

13. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Thank you for the nice comments. We will consider all your requests and suggestions.

14. As Zephyr

As Zephyr Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Beautiful game but overtaking other cars is a big fail. Its like the game wants you to ride dangerously. Not my values

15. Nicknone

Nicknone Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Web Design + Development
    Los Angeles, CA
    Good game and its awesome UI & UX. I am really enjoying this game even this have very interesting challanges

16. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Was pretty fun and one dimensional. Had my fill, deleted.

17. SimonMagus

SimonMagus Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2015
    Same

18. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I third that.

19. cerbo

cerbo Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2015
    #59 cerbo, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    This game is not requiring the specific muscle memory of a contemporary simulator, but the physics are much better than the early 80s arcade game that you probably love more because the muscle memory is so transferrable to and from other games.

I earned the best bike by watching ads, so now I want moar bikes.

It works for me as a pick up and play but it does seem to sit in a netherworld between arcade and sim... This is not a problem for me since I can game for only about 10 hrs per week... and so many games...

Well, I like the first game, that is still on my iPad, so I am biased. (play with mfi controller for much longer runs...)

Moar Bykes Pleeze.. and improved physics so they are not just faster and more agile, but feel different... or just offer up 100 bikes so there is "another dimension"... like land sliders, or crossy road! :rolleyes:

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I still can't beat the overtake 20 vehicles on 50 seconds. I've tried so many times and come close and watch the ad the continue but then the ten seconds isn't enough and I lose.

I see reading the reviews on the AppStore atleast I'm not alone. A lot of reviews have issues with this. I don't even see a way to pay to pass a mission we just keep failing. I've literally failed dozens of times and I cannot progress at all. It sucks.

Billy