Universal Traffic Rider (by Soner Kara)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by skgames, Dec 24, 2015.

1. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Installed. It looks and plays great. What a significant step up in all regards fromTraffic Racer. An incredible technical achievement.

But the addition of a second currency and some bikes that can ONLY be unlocked with cash has killed it for me. I'd have happily paid for any of the unlocks found in Traffic Racer but I'm not handing over ~£40 to satisfy the 'completionist' in me.

SK Games: good luck with this but I'm out.

2. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    your problem man. this game is amazing. and the free-to-play in here works just right.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  4. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I love this game too. It's like you're actually driving a motorcycle and not just playing a game. Sence of speed is amazing.

5. Limelight

Limelight Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2014
    To save my city.
    localhost
    #25 Limelight, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  6. GSport

GSport Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Philadelphia, PA suburbs
    Agreed! Road Rash for mobile and for the newest consoles is a necessity! Just imagine how amazing this would be with today's graphics! If EA won't do it, I'd rather they did not anyways, they should sell it to a different developer.

7. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Totally my problem :) just disappointed after the more agreeable (to me) IAP in Traffic Racer. Which was odd all by itself because I normally steer clear of free-to-play with IAP, entirely. I don't mind paying to get rid of ads or unlock a fuller game but the prices of those bikes are hardly 'micro transactions' (with one bike being over £22 all by itself - that just strikes me as gouging), and the shift to multiple currencies is straight out the IAP playbook.

With the game such an improvement over the last in terms of gameplay and presentation it just seemed a shame to (entirely in my opinion) blight it with the new IAP system :-/

SK Games wants to make a buck and I'm sure they will. I wish heaps of enjoyment on everyone that plays it. Just not for me.

8. skgames

skgames Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2012
    First of all, thanks for those nice comments. I'm glad you liked the game.

As for the IAPs, they are not needed in any way. You never need those "premium" bikes, since the best bike can be bought with in-game currency. There are lots of ways to earn both currencies, since you never stuck in a paywall, or timers, fuel etc.. The second currency (coins) can be earned through missions (if you reach a certain goal) as well as through daily bonuses. I want you to open the game as much as possible to earn that. I can't achieve that with a single currency. I hope I made myself clear :)

9. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Grinding never felt so good. I want the winter night so badly, since its relevant to the season and time of the day i play!

10. As Zephyr

As Zephyr Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I love the game but im stucked. I am on mission where i have to overtake 20cars in 50 seconds. I have passed so many vehicles but why is it not counting. Can developer explain this?

11. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    You actually need to "near-miss" those cars, not just overtake them.

12. As Zephyr

As Zephyr Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Oh thanks. So i do have to drive dangerously lol! Thanks again

13. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Pay US$1.99 to remove the annoying ads. Then I find I cannot put the game down (spell addictive). I first came across this over Pocket Gamer -- first-person view motorcycle endless racer? Genius! I love the Traffic Racer and this one is even more fun, because a bike can do something car cannot, e.g. zooming between gaps of 2 vehicles. It supports Apple TV over Air Play (full frame, not borders) using 6S is kinda console experience. I certainly think it may need native Apple TV support.

If you earn enough level, there are more tricks you can play and I am yet to find them all.

Highly recommended.

14. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    This plays so well, just paid to remove the ads

Can see myself playing this quite a bit as I have a long haul flight coming up on tuesday

15. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Bought ads remover and money doubler. Now got the orange motorcycle. The faster you go, the better it feels :).

16. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does this game allow you to play the same profile on different devices?

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I'm not a huge fan of tilt controls, but I'm actually digging it a lil more than the button controls on this. All three controls schemes work great in this, but tilting really ads to the "feel" of the game for sure. Really well done.

18. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I actually hadn't tried the touch controls until I read your post. I actually like the handle bar touch control more than the tilt! I am weaving in and out lol. You are right though, as much as I loath tilt the dev really did a great job fine tuning them with this game. You don't have to bend and twist the device too much and there's even sensitivity sliders. You can tell a lot of love went into making this game!

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #39 LordShad0wz, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    To Skgames / Dev's,

I've been playing the game non stop. I've tried your other games previously and they just don't scratch that itch the way this game does. I really do love it. I went ahead and purchased the starter pack as well as the 2x cash IAP's. It is worth it to me. I have a few things to say however.

What is your reasoning for making some of the other IAP so darn expensive? Who could possibly afford to pay $30 for an extra heart? I would buy it if it was a dollar or two. Or the bikes. $20 for one bike? $10 for another? I've already spent $12+ on the game. You are losing money. I'd make more purchases if they were reasonable. Heck I've even watched some ads to continue and for some extra cash.

Please revisit your IAP cost structure. You'd make more money if it was more reasonable. I'd love to support the game further but I simply can't at the current prices.

Btw thank you for all of the control schemes and the cloud save back up. Really awesome job! Really well done on the game. There's so much to do and the sense of speed is incredible. Thank you for a fun game!

Billy

20. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Yes.