iPad Traffic Lights $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zincous, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    #1 Zincous, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
  3. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
  4. Scott30

Scott30 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2009
    yes it does that game is pretty fun but hard mostly due to the graphics seems like stuff blends in too much...

This game seems to be a little different as it seemed impossible to have collisions in that game and the app desc. says its possible in the game.

Who knows this could be the next Flight Control lol.

5. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. I originally had that in my OP but I edited it out when adding pics and stuff.

6. Selina

Selina Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Kent, England
    Well.... it all seems a bit manic even on 'easy' but maybe it's just me??? You're right about collisions though - I have yet to have one, the cars all stop politely for each other - and then get gridlocked! No doubt I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem much scope with this game - just loads of little cars rushing about, or not, as the case may be?! :confused:

7. dangerz

dangerz Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Hey guys, this is my app :) Thanks for all the comments.

That'd be amazing if it was the next Flight Control, haha.. but honestly Flight Control is a great game and I doubt this is anywhere near that. I really liked the concept so I thought I'd share it.

As for collisions, they are only disabled in 'Sandbox' mode. I made the sandbox mode because I enjoyed just watching the app do its thing while I was bored at work. In Sandbox, the cars will stop politely for eachother. If they gridlock though, try clicking on the cars. It'll blow them up :) (dont you wish you had that feature when you're stuck in traffic?)

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. If you have any tips on how to make it better please let me know.

Edit: Oh ya, as for easy, it's really meant to be really really easy and boring. It's so people get an introduction to the game. Try Medium->Insane to get a feel for it all.

8. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    So is this like the ultimate TM game?

9. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    I don't know if it's the ultimate.. it's my first foray into TM (I'm guessing that means Traffic Management?), so there are probably some features it's lacking. If you tell me what you'd like to see though I'll get it in the next couple releases.

10. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

time management

11. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    This looks cool, because I like TM games (Then again I guess everyone does according to the #1 paid app for about a month). Does anyone have it yet, and impressions? I might check this out later..

12. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    Let me know what you think once you try it out.. if you guys can get me a list of features you'd like I'll make sure they're in the next builds.

13. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Ooo I didn't know the dev was here listening for requests. I will get this because of that :)

14. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    :) Let me know what you think..

15. Zincous

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Good idea, fun/challenging, has lots of potential.

First thing I noticed was no sounds.
    -some acceleration sounds
    -crash/explosion/skidding sounds

Also, there is a pause button, but no way to go back to main menu/end a game.
    No way to end a sandbox game except to close the app?

In the app description I see you said more maps and cars will be coming, very nice :)

16. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    I'm trying to figure out where I can get sounds from.. if all else fails, I'll try and record them myself haha.

As for the rest of your comments, I'll make sure that they're in the next release. I just put an update out last night to remove the restriction of firmware 2.2.1 (that was my mistake). I'll put another one out by the end of this weekend adding those features and I'll do my best to get some sounds.. I also have another idea for a feature you may like.

Thanks for supporting the app! :)

Roy

17. jchampl

I'll be glad to help out with some sounds if you need help. Tell me what you need and I'll get them done for you, no charge, and copyright free. :)

18. dangerz

Apr 23, 2009
    Oh man, that would be awesome.

Off the top of my head, here's what I'm thinking of for sounds:

background music loop
    accident crash
    car acceleration
    some type of cheering (for when the user gets a high score)
    random ambient noises

I'd like to be able to give you some credit though if you do any of this.. do you have a webpage you'd like me to link to from the credits screen?

R

19. jchampl

Sounds good. I'll send you a pm. :)