iPhone Tradewinds Legends for iPad (w/Codes!)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SandlotGames, Sep 10, 2010.

1. #1 SandlotGames, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    Hey Everyone!

Tradewinds Legends for iPad - 1.0.1* is now available in the App Store!

Link: Tradewinds Legends for iPad

Your opinions and ideas help guide the development and release of updates and new iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad games from Sandlot Games. Thanks! :)

Game Description:
    Begin your voyage in the mythical Far East, and build a massive trading empire as you battle legendary heroes and enemies. Navigate through over 100 unique tasks, build a flotilla of ships armed with man-made and magical weapons, discover new and distant islands, and buy and sell exotic goods. Take to the sky where you'll encounter new ports and engage in aerial combat with other magical sky ships. Enter a world of danger, mystery and legend in Tradewinds Legends for iPad!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tradewinds-legends-for-ipad/id389676076?mt=8

*Version 1.0.1 improves the tutorial and fixes some cosmetic bugs.

2. Promo Codes!

As you all know, we have access to only a small batch of promotional codes. If you are luck enough to grab one, we ask only that you give us your feedback through this forum. Thanks!

AEEXH9AA7NNJ
    3EP7HA79J7YE
    PK74NYWYYM3F

3. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA

4. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    the other was lurked! :(

I would love to read some impressions.

5. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    I took 3EP7HA79J7YE. Will review shortly! Thanks!

6. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looking forward to impressions. Snail Mail HD was amazing.

7. Subscribe to this thread or check back in a few hours! We'll post a few more promotional codes today or early tomorrow :)

8. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Looking forward to this! :)

9. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    Wow - thanks !

I hope I don't miss out on the next round - I'm really curious about this game, and I'd love to try it out !

I'll keep my eyes open and my fingers crossed ! :)

10. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    any impressions?

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I would like to know as well, been about five hours. Just some basic impressions would be great.

12. Yonnifer

Yonnifer Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Lurkers don't give impressions...If I got a code I would have left feedback by now...

13. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    #13 quebecotr, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Tell me about it !!!

Amen, Yonnifer ! Lurkers are, I believe, one of the lowest forms of life there is in the forum eco-system. They may be functionally incapable of giving any kind of coherent feedback, though, what with the drooling and all...:D

If you are lucky enough to get a code, I'd love to get your impressions. This game intrigues me, and I'd like to hear more about it from people who've played the game.

14. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah, maybe next time ask to pm for codes to lessen down the lurkers, that way you get people who will post a review on iTunes if given a code, like I would have...but these lurkers probably wouldn't.

Game looks real good though

15. Yonnifer

Yonnifer Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I agree...

What are your thoughts about promo dispenser?

16. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    I'm absolutely NOT a lurker, just had family obligations. Will post as soon as I can!

17. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I never used it myself, but I guess that's a quick way for devs to get rid of their promo codes, but still I think it would be better off giving them out in TA forums...that way there's a community of good people that talk about the game and can give good feedback. I've helped give feedback in the past to developers here and I've seen the changes in updates they do through feedback from other members as well. I know there are people here that post reviews if they get promos from TA...so promo dispenser maybe good for quickly getting rid of promos, but I think devs are better off giving them to good TA members :)

18. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I hope I can manage to get a code if another batch is posted. Would be nice if they could be PM'd to us so no lurkers get them instead.

19. enuhski

enuhski Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Tradewinds Legend is featured in the New and Noteworthy Section. Congratulations, devs, great job :)

20. tecwrtr

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    First Impressions...

This is a fleet building game with a touch of combat and lots of commerce. You choose a character and start out with one ship. You travel to different buildings in town and are given tasks. You can also buy things. Once, supplied, head out to sea to begin your tasks.

There are lots of pirates at sea, which provides the opportunity for some good battles. You can choose whether to take your chances fighting them straight up, or use magic or other special weapons that you can purchase. (You start with a few.)

Thank goodness for the in-depth tutorial, because this isn't a quick pick-up-and-play game. Once you really start getting into it, you'll want to keep going and do " just one more task". :)

This is a fun game with good depth, clear instructions, beautiful graphics, and relaxing sounds (water lapping, etc.)

During my play session, it was also very stable - no crashes, slowdowns or anything. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a buying/selling/fleet building adventure! Many thanks to the devs for the great game!