iPad Toy Tanks 3D, Crazy Tanks, or !Rebolt!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by brewstermax, Jan 11, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I know, I hate these too. But these are quite similar game, and I want your feedback on which of these is the best. I have Crazy Tanks, and it is great, but what about the other 2. Toy Tanks looks good, but I don't know about it. Rebolt wasn't favored in the dedicated thread. So, what do you think.

At least I'm not comparing random games. :D.

2. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    haha, I only have crazy tanks, and that satysfies my tank-shooting needs. IMO it would be a waste of money to have 2 nearly identical games

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Yeah I only have crazy tanks too. The thing that deterred me from buying toy tanks was the fact that you can't control your movement:mad:

4. morscata12

morscata12 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Another vote for Crazy Tanks. That's one of the best pick-up-and-play games, imo. Controls really make the game, and Crazy Tanks is very easy to control. (The graphics/sounds are decent too)

5. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    I got Crazy Tanks and it is a blast. I do not have the others, so I cannot comment on them.

6. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Actually, Toy Tanks 3D is the only one I've got. It's not bad (not great, just not bad if that makes any sense). It's also surprisingly hard.

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Crazy tanks and Toy Tanks 3D, while having tanks, aren't the same type of shooters. Crazy Tanks is a multi directional shooter (think of something like Blue Skies or Urban Strike, but with tanks), and Toy Tanks 3D is actually an on rails shooter (think along the lines of Panzer Dragoon or Star Fox).

I don't know about the other one. I'll check it out though.

Damned iTouch/Phone gaming addiction.

8. teagan1000000

teagan1000000 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    REBOLT try it its amazing, its a little hard at first though

9. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Crazy Tanks is very well done.

10. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    Crazy Tanks FTW.

11. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I assume Crazy Tanks is the best out of the three then

12. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    !Rebolt! looks amazing.

13. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I'm downloading Crazy Tanks right now! 1250 good reviews can't be wrong

14. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Before everyone was raving (misguided, IMHO) about iShoot "taking over" the top paid apps spot from iFart (seriously, they serve different markets...), I was rightly pointing out how it was bigger news that Crazy Tanks had surpassed Crash Nitro Kart as the #1 paid game on the app store. I mean...seriously, there was about a week or so that Crazy Tanks was the #1 paid game. It had surpassed the sales of a "big name" game from a much larger developer. And it wasn't a puzzle game or ultra casual game. That speaks volumes about its quality, IMHO.

I've tried rebolt, btw. It's okay, but badly in need of camera controls, which the engine can, in fact, handle. You can move around the camera to various sides when changing weapons, but are left with a 3/4 camera which just doesn't work for a game of this sort.