iPad Toy Bot Diaries Help

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by break5, Aug 13, 2008.

1. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    i'm stuck at that part in level 1 with the pink metal thingy and that other (yellow?) metal thing blocking my way from moving on. I know that I can use the magnet boots to lift the pink metal thing up, but what do I do after that?:confused:

2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    You, yourself, closed the doorway right before you got to that section. You can open it the same way you closed it.

arn

3. break5

break5 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Thanks arn now i get it...:D

4. Shylo Smith

Shylo Smith Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Producer
    Canada
    Help.

I may be able to assist with any questions on here from time to time.

I won't give any spoilers though.

5. jkasanoff

jkasanoff Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I'm underneath a red gear in the sewers. This is right after I made the wooden pin fall to get across. There is a nail holding up a purple wall. If I push it, it will move so that the wall almost falls, but no matter what I do, it won't move all the way to the right, so the wall won't fall.

What do I do?

6. Shylo Smith

Shylo Smith Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Producer
    Canada
    #6 Shylo Smith, Aug 14, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
    Timing is everything

notice which way the gear above you is spinning?
    sometimes the best battering ram is a lil bot.
    slam into that bolt!
    but make sure you pull it all the way towards you first.

7. jkasanoff

jkasanoff Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Beat it! Thanks so much!

8. somnambulysteri

somnambulysteri New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Cork Screen

I'm stuck in the level where there's a cork gun. Don't want to give too much away but anybody know how to get past the "red menace"?

By the way, this game is amazingly fun!

9. jkasanoff

jkasanoff Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Stick to ceiling, pull on the lever on the back of the cork gun to make it turn green. Go into the front, BLAST OFF! You hit the "red menace". It may take a couple tries, but eventually you'll knock him over. After you do this, you have to do something else to advance. You may want to figure it out yourself, but it is really annoying if you fail, you have to fight the menace again. I've posted it below in case you don't want to know.

SPOILER

You have to get in the cork gun again, plus you must activate your magnet shoes before you are shot out, so you stick to the wall.

10. somnambulysteri

somnambulysteri New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks!

Thanks for the help. It was amazingly counter-intuitive to keep repeating the same action but I couldn't figure out anything else to do with the tools at hand. That last part is kind of annoying because every time you miss, you have to go through the whole process again.

Can't wait for the next installment!

Next time, I'm going to play through to see if I can get all the bonuses. :D

11. stevec

stevec New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    I'm stuck trying to get past the bowling ball. Keep getting electrocuted. Any ideas?

I have to say, this really is an exceptional game.

12. stevenhall

stevenhall Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Hi Steve,

It took me a while to get past that bit too. There is a ring you need to grapple just before the bowling ball falls off to the left. The best way I found of doing this is to stay on the left of the ball as it starts rolling to the right (grapple, release, grapple, release), but allow yourself to be taken over with it to the right before it hits the wall, then stay on the right (grapple, release) for a couple of seconds before being carried over to the top again in time to see the ring top left of the screen and catching hold of it.
    Hope this helps.

Steve

13. stevec

stevec New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Phew! It worked! Well, thanks for that - a really tricky one to get past. Much appreciated!

14. stevenhall

stevenhall Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Bowling Ball

Hello again.
    I've just played through again to check that what I said is right.

Step 1 Set off
    Staying on the left of the ball at the beginning is not all that crucial, but I find it's the best way of attacking Step 2.
    [​IMG]

Step 2 Get right
    The main thing is that you're on the right-hand side of the ball when it starts rolling to the left. You can either stick close to the ball and go over the top with it in the last half roll before it hits the wall, or swing from it into the air for a second or two while it hits the wall and rebounds. The crucial thing is that you're on the right as it moves off to the left.
    [​IMG]

Step 3 Keep right
    The biggest mistake you can make here is going over the top too soon. If you do you'll fly right around the ball and plunge to your death before you even see the ring in Step 4. Stay on the right-hand side of the ball for a couple of seconds. You can even wait for the finger holes in the ball to come round before moving off.
    [​IMG]

Step 4 Over the top
    If you've waited long enough in in Step 3, it's time to grapple the ball one last time and let it carry you over the top. As you roll over you should see a solitary red ring hanging in the air on the left. Release and hang on to the ring for dear life as the bowling ball plummets below.
    [​IMG]

I hope this helps and good luck!

Steve

15. whooley

whooley Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    FINALLY found the last two memory chips. Sneaky bot developers... :)

16. pinchies

pinchies Member

Aug 15, 2008
    please!

Where were they for you? I can't seem to find the last one on the first "world".

17. stevenhall

stevenhall Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Hi Pinchies. My best guess at where you're missing a chip is here:
    [​IMG]
    This was the least obvious one for me. This is the bit towards the end of the level where you have two coin drops one after the other. You get the first coin by climbing on to that ledge to the right which is immediately above the coin slot and barrier, if you remember? What's not obvious is that there is a chip hidden away top left and you can't even see it without swinging out on that bit of wall as shown.
    Is that the one? If not I have a couple of other guesses.

18. Shylo Smith

Shylo Smith Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Producer
    Canada
    geesh

I should hire stevenhall to do all my QA ;)

good job Stevenhall.

wait till Episode 2 is out! ;) Till then you can mess around in the Demo which should be out by mid week, approval process pending.

19. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Any general date when episode 2 is coming?

20. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    And also (sorry for double post) but i am missing one chip on the first level. That is it!! i must know what happened!!