iPad Toy Bot Diaries 3 coming (14-21 Dec.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spmwinkel, Dec 12, 2008.

1. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    According to iPhoneGameNetwork, Toy Bot 3 is coming "next week". I put the 14-21 Dec. timestamp on it myself, because it won't make sense to have a "next week" thread in 5 days from now. So the exact date stamp in the topic title is not coming from the TBD developer. :eek:

Anyway, I found the short announcement at
    http://www.iphonegamenetwork.com/toy-bot-3-the-conclusion

I'm glad to know now how many episodes there will be. Maybe there will be a price drop or some sort of promotion coming, at least that's what I've been waiting for since the games seemed kind of short.

So yeah, here's a thread to use while waiting for the release, if there is any need for that. :)

2. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    this game series is starting to add up in costs. I think i'll stop buying these till they are all on discount for 0.99

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    You're right...Maybe charge $10-$15 for series, including future releases...and some kind of discount for those of us who bought the first 2 at release date prices.

4. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    I believe it's supposed to be the final episode, so then there wouldn't be any future releases after this (at least not in this series).

5. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    I can also confirm that the game has been announced and the media has been informed of the game. I have not beat it yet so I cant comment on if this is the final release or not.

6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

How are these games expensive? In the UK, at current prices, they cost £2.39 each, total = £4.78. I spent about 4 hours playing them, so thats about £1.20/hour. Now take a look at Force Unleashed on Wii. Paid £35, completed in 5 hours, about £7/hour. Besides, if you read the article, it says this is the final game in the series!

Anyway, I can't wait. Gonna be a good couple of weeks with TBD3 and Rolando. :D

7. QWK SVT

QWK SVT Member

Dec 5, 2008
    I MUST get this, day 1. I've finished 1 & 2 (all memory restored), and am chomping at the bit for something to fill the void... :cool:

Looks like it will be an expensive couple of weeks, with GPS Kit, TBD3 and Rolando as my "sure buys" and a few other things that are looking promising...

8. exhibitb

exhibitb Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Am I the only person who thought this game was just ok? I never played the second one but I just wasn't that interested after the first.

9. definitely getting this

im going to replay TBD1 and TBD1free tonight when im drinking with friends

alcohol adds a whole new level of challenge to that game

: D : D : D

10. The Lab

The Lab Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Utah
    I still need to finish getting all the memory from part 2

11. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I dont feel $12 is a bad deal for all three episodes. It is an awesome platformer. I just wish it would have all been released as one game. Taking up three app spaces for one story is rediculous.

12. QWK SVT

QWK SVT Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Does anyone know anything about game length? My only hope for #3 is that there is more to it. An hour or so of gameplay isn't enough for me...

13. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I thought tbd2 was not incredibly fantastic, but it is pretty above average and stands out on its own. There really isn't another game that is a tbd-clone or something out there right now. The game's music, graphics and gameplay are all pretty good as far as i'm concern. I'll be getting the last one for sure, have to know how the story ends...

14. KittyGotSued

KittyGotSued Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    superb game series, love 1 & 2, but it has no replay value at all for me. Which might be bad, but for this price the game is awesome as it is. it's priced at something like 2 beers! I can have an hour of fun with 2 beers, but far more hours with this :)

15. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    How long did it take you to complete each game? I've abstained myself from buying for fear of 'em being too short...

16. KittyGotSued

Dec 15, 2008
    not sure exactly, as I play them over a couple of days. but probably about 5 hours. Also depends hugely on ones skills at solving problems. That's it's charm as well, but after finishing the first one, and the 2nd one, I know the kind of problems to be facing with. So at the end you begin thinking like the dev's ;)

it really is great fun.

17. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Mmmmm. Sounds good. I might actually pick up the whole trilogy once the third one comes out...

18. KittyGotSued

Dec 15, 2008
    but if you want REAL longetivity in a game.. get an online chess game ;)

I have 2 now..

- VS Chess - realtime
    - Chess With Friends - Correspondence chess

that's value for money ;)

19. monk666

monk666 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    If the 3rd and last one is the same as the 2nd. I would say the entire full game (1st + 2nd + 3rd) will actually be quite a long game. Something like 6 to 12 hours of gameplay depending on your level of expertise.

Some people claim they could finish en episode in 1 hr. Yeah, that's if you power through everything, collect nothing and see nothing. Normal players like me take easily over 3 hrs with each episode because i'm the kinda person that wants to collect all the collectibles plus you need to do that to see all the comics...

20. QWK SVT

QWK SVT Member

Dec 5, 2008
    It took me a fair bit longer to finish the first one, compared to the second episode... As I got used to the controls, and started to figure out where the devs were typically hiding the memory, it became easier. I would say the first two episodes added up to about 4 hours, from start to end.

I've replayed both episodes a bit (it's so much fun, but once you know the tricks, it's pretty easy), and I can easily finish an episode (recollecting everything along the way) in under an hour.

PS - the memory that I sturggled to find the most was the very fist one you get in TBD1... Tricky devs! ;)