Toxic Boom is back!!-You guys were right it did need work.....

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by App Pilot, Nov 27, 2010.

1. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #1 App Pilot, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
    Hey guys,

Great news, after being highly encourged by the great guys here to get my graphics sorted I now have. I had to developer reject it and resubmit it but I think you'll agree it was worth it. I also managed to squeeze in a HD version for the ipad :)

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about check out this thread.

I will also be contacting the following users to offer promo codes - as it was them who saved the day :)

blacksmith games
    headcaseGames
    Foursaken_Media
    FancyFactory
    kohjingyu

And heres a funky new vid:

The goal is simple , you must match the colored chemicals to the correct zones ( borders surronding the screen) but a few things are going to make things more complicated. First off, the conveyors will speed up making it even more difficult to catch the chemicals befoer they hit the other end, also you must not let two chemicals collide - even of the same color and finally the zones change position regularly so remember to keep track of what you're dragging and where :)

And some pics for your viewing pleasure :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So please let me know how you think I've done, I'm really glad you guys stopped me from submitting the first time around!

To keep up to date please join my twitter or facebook:
    TWITTER
    FACEBOOK
    I'll keep them updated so you guys can follow my progress.

2. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Looks great.
    Any substantial differences between iphone and ipad version?

3. FancyFactory

FancyFactory Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    software development
    Germany
    Congrats AppPilot - your game looks soooo much better now! :) AND now even I understood whats your game about, this video is great. ;) I hope this sells well!

I have only a small suggestion - it would be funny if all these sprites would contain some nice animations. Like wobbles or so. And some crazy sound effects (if they have - sorry - my computer here does not have any speakers)...stuff like "aaahhh", "oohhh nooo" or "splash" or "crack". :D

4. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @olliewollie
    Thanks so much its's really nice to hear you like it :) There's not any major differences between the iPad and the iPhone versions in terms of features but the most obvious thing is that fact the iPad has more screen space so we were able to add 2 extra conveyor belts to the game which can be a lot of fun when you get to the stage were they all become active as your constanly try to keep up with it :D

I found it quite funny going from the iPad version back to playing the iPhone/iPod touch one because of the screen size but it doesn't take long to get your head back in the zone.

@FancyFactory
    Thanks for the great comments, they really make me feel it was worth the delay in releasing the game :) I did think of some sort of animation like the chemicals bubbling would be cool but I didn't think of the sounds or wobbling which would be awesome in the next update ! Thanks again :)

5. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    This looks really good! I read your thread about the game in the dev forum and I'm glad to see you got a much more polished version before release. Does having chemicals touch other chemicals cause the game to be over or anything of the such? That would really increase the difficulty, I believe. I like the concept, it should be fun to see this evolve over time with new game modes.

6. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @MICHAELSD
    I'm glad you like it :)

Yeah there's 3 things that can cause game over.
    1. Moving a chemical to the wrong zone
    2. Allowing a chemical to collide with another chemical
    3. Allowing a chemical from one side of the conveyor to reach the other side

Thanks again !

7. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    Hmm, sounds like fun. Please have a $.99 launch sale ;)!

8. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @MICHAELSD
    Well being as you asked so nicely $0.99 it is :)

9. blacksmith games

blacksmith games Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    looks MUCH better than before! Good luck :) I hope Apple will feature your game.

10. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #10 App Pilot, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
    @blacksmith games
    Thanks, thats really kind of you :)

Toxic Boom is now availbe for the iPhone and iPod Touch :)
    Check it out here (opens iTunes):
    Here !!

11. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Looks better :)

Thanks for the code :D The chemical cylinders are cute :D

12. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Beta Testers needed

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few people to beta test a new update I have - mainly optimizations to file size , graphics and performance but theres definately some extra features planned for the future.

Ideally I'm looking for a 3g iPhone , a 4g iPhone and and any type of iPad ( theres a version on the way so you could be the first to get your hands on it :) ) ?

At the moment the testing is pretty simple as your only looking for bugs and potential problems. But in the future I 'll be adding special items and other modes so you could have a direct influence on the game.

One thing to mention, I read a really sad post here a while back about someone who had there game beta tested but it ended up being pirated before the offical release was made to the App Store, I really felt for the dev as I know the work involved in working on a game. Is there a way I could avoid this potential pitfall - I'm sure this is only a small minority of people.

Thanks guys,

13. olliewollie

olliewollie Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Student
    Australia
    Does that mean only them devices? I have a 2g ipod Touch.

14. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @olliewollie: At the moment I've just chosen those in particular as I tend develop with a 2nd gen touch and its a small a project.

Look it's me :) :

[​IMG]

15. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Finished new update

I've just finished the latest update !

It includes bug fixes , reduced download size ( ~ 50 % ) and some higher resolution game graphics and main menu screen.

I'll be hopefully getting this submitted within the next few days, after that I'm going to look into some more game modes and items.

The iPad version of Toxic Boom has also been submitted and should be on the way soon.

Thanks guys!

16. MICHAELSD

Jan 4, 2010
    I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad if you still need a beta tester to thoroughly check. Does the game support the Retina Display?

17. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @ MICHAELSD

Thanks , I just dropped you a PM :)

18. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Wow, amazing improvement compared to your original. :)

Extra game modes and twists will certainly make the game more replayable, but you have definitely started off on a the right foot. Congrats!

19. App Pilot

App Pilot Member

Nov 4, 2010
    @madmud101

Thanks very much :)