Universal Townsmen - (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Sep 14, 2012.

1. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I bought the 2x XP IAP, and now there is constantly an irritating glowing effect on the XP bar. It's quite distracting. Is there any chance of it being removed or at least a toggle being added so it can be turned off ?

2. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    please contact [email protected] they will check that out at once... never heard of such a bug.

3. NE1WeKnow

NE1WeKnow Member

Jun 22, 2016
    I'm going to bump this thread by asking something which I'm wondering about.

Do all the quests which pop up during a scenario need to be accomplished to pass the scenario?

Here's where I'm at...

I know that the general idea behind the "Wood shortage" scenario is to procure wood planks for an event, but then the bandit pops up and is stopping delivery until certain demands are met, which prolongs the scenario. That's fine, but I also have a quest line to build a trader's guild which I haven't touched because I can see that I won't really need it to meet the requirements of the scenario and it will take me longer if I have to save up enough thaler to do that.

It would be great to know the answer to this.

4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Sorry it was a bank holiday here in Germany and I was away with the family. here is the answer:

the scenario "wood shortage" is used as an introduction for the trade guild, so it's an essential quest to build and use the trade guild building to learn its mechanics. Wether or not it is possible to complete the scenario without the building, it is some kind of trade guild tutorial and to build the trade guild is one of the main missions in this scenario and cannot be skipped. Other scenarios have similar goals or limitations, so it is okay.

5. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    biggest update incoming

Hi all,

happy to announce we will soon release the biggest update of Townsmen for your mobile device!
    Here you can already see some of the few new buildings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    we will soon release more information on our fanpage of Townsmen and HandyGames on Facebook! Happy to share the news here as well!

And for all fans of Townsmen be prepared we will also release the game for your MAC, PC or Linux System on Steam as well! Feel free to preoder it on Steam here! http://store.steampowered.com/app/486540/

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ooo another update? I'll have to fire up the game again. I have to say in the iOS world devs don't generally support apps for very long with updates unless they are hugely successful.

I guess the game is performing well enough for you to keep updating?

7. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    The game is awesome. We invested a lot of money, love and passion in that game. Our players can feel that.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It is a great game it's the exact kind of thing I wanted on iOS. Before this the closest thing that come to it was Settlers I think gameloft called it but they never supported it at all too many bugs.

9. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Settlers was an awesome game on the PC. Townsmen is developed for mobile from the scratch and we update the game regular as our consumers are so awesome. Shame Apple is not pushing it from their site as we do not do hardcore monetization or pvp in the game. If we would we might get it done but we prefer happy fans. Townsmen is not pvp its an awesome builing up strategy game with a complex system. The game is not for normal casual players! So keep on playing and support us so that we can keep making it better for the next couple of years/decades!:D

10. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Another one for the, "Huh? How did I miss this?" camp here. I'd heard of the series but hadn't seen this.

I'm not normally one for medieval/fantasy settings for any genre but I do love a good city builder and boy is this a good city builder!

I stumped up for the ad removal after 5 minutes of play. Not because the ads are especially annoying but because the game is so obviously good. Bravo.

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh it's a great game, I haven't played much in a while but going to boot it up again today especially now I know they want to keep supporting it for a while yet.

12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Thanks for supporting us. So many players out there just want a free games, without ads, without IAP. Thanks for understanding that we need to make money to feed our families! THANKS!

13. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    we of course keep supporting it. :)

14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Quick query: Are you only able to watch a certain number of ads for prestige per day?
    The option is there but it's greyed out.

15. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Yes - only a limited number of ads per user but normally you can watch quite a lot. Or you have no internet connection as the ads require an online connection. So if the server does not provide you an advertisment the option is greyed out. hope that explain it.

16. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    What is the limit? I think I've only watched a couple since I started.

I'm definitely connected.

17. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    its around 10 normally from the ad partners we have integrated. if you dont see them feel free to contact our support please - they can help for sure.

18. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    10 ads ever or 10 ads over a certain period of time?

19. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    ~10 per day. so I really think something is wrong there. Please contact the support so that you get help asap!

20. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Biggest update of Townsmen incoming!

Hi together, happy to announce we will update Townsmen very soon, get a sneak peak here. We will have so many new features but check out the youtube video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oRt5DDypvs and here is a big list of whats new!

- 2 new production buildings: Oast house and vineyard!
    - 3 new entertainment buildings: Contest grounds, juggler camp and fairground.
    - 3 new scenarios
    - 3 new sandbox maps
    - NEW Seasons: Spring, summer, autumn and winterwith new appearances!
    - NEW Weather: Rain, overcast, thunderstorms and blizzards in many variants!
    - Reworked map influences: Weather and seasons now influence your town!
    - NEW disasters: Lightning, blizzards, large scale bandit attacks and avalanches now endanger your town!
    - Conduct impressive festivals in every season: with the Fairground!

...and of course many Bugfixes and and a lot of technical improvements!

THANKS for supporting us. Hope you like it!