Universal Townsmen - (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iND, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Plrau

Plrau Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Is there a site to submit ideas for the game? Or find out if things will be considered, like being able to place your castle where ever you want (within reason) in sandbox mode?

2. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    of course just go to our Facebook site for Townsmen and send us your ideas. We check every request. Also take part in our votes how to improve the game. We do a lot of idea checking before implementing it into our games with our community on FB on our mainsite HandyGames but also on each title.

So you like the game?

:)

3. Plrau

Plrau Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Oh thank you! And yes I really enjoy the game just bought premium to show my support. But there are a few things I would wish for that would personally make the game better for me.

For example being able to place the castle freely in sandbox mode or being able to place buildings against walls or rivers and not have that "sidewalk" prevent me from doing so. Also to be able to use the little items you see at the start of a map as decoration, like barrel of fish and swords laying around.

4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    You can do a lot of decoration in the game. So we even have some challenges with our community about the best park, coolest town, etc. check it out. Yes we heard you and all others with placing the castle freely. Perhaps we can realize it in the near future.

Really big thanks for showing us your support by buying the premium version! We really invest a lot of time, love and money in the game. The new update even received the biggest wish from our community, an enemy. So keep up the feedback on FB or even here. We always share the input with our developer team here at HandyGames! Thats why we are here.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Gosh, that's from 2012 already? Totally went under the radar...

Definitely giving it a spin now; really liked HG's Demons&Devils, so this should be on the same quality scale.

6. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Townsmen is a game that we updated regular others would have released already 3 sequels. We just make the game better and better. If you want a great Building Up Strategy Game thats the best you can get. :)

We have a lot of great games out in the market. If you like Devils & Demons you should check out 1941 Frozen Front or 1942 Pacific Front as well *shameless advertisment*

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I'm not interested in WW2 / more contemporary settings (clear preference for SF/F here), so unfortunately it's wasted on me. Still, bonus points for good advertising/marketing ;)

OFFTOPIC:
    Which reminds me: A good while back, you mentioned another possible content update for Devils & Demons. Did you cancel it, or is that still in the works?

8. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    to the off topic - we already work on the next update but we have limited ressources. It will come! BUT we will release the PC Version of Devils&Demons on Steam next month. So most of the ressources are going to that project in the D&D team. :( I know thats not what you want to hear but we are a "small" studio here.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it!
    And no worries, I understand those constraints perfectly well. Getting more exposure / potential customers is important, of course that gets priority. Fingers crossed for a smooth and well-received Steam release!
    Will keep D&D on my iPad then, and just enjoy the update when it comes around.

Back to ontopic:
    Just started with the Townsmen tutorial, to get a feel for the game.
    Good first impression, some minor things aside - like taxes and quest rewards not getting collected automatically. Would prefer if those aren't manual actions.

10. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    you can hire a "tax collector" - step by step you get used to the game. You will see how deep the game is. And you dont have to spend a single dime if you play good. But no problem if you spend some bucks to keep on the development on our site! I always deactivate the ads ;)

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Will fool around a bit more, haven't played a city/kingdom builder in ages.
    But no worries, if I like it (and looks like it) , I'll definitely send money your way ;) I always pay for good stuff.

12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    thats what we always say. Happy players will spend money. if you have questions just ping me or contact our awesome team over facebook... they will help you as well!

13. martkosius

martkosius New Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Could we have barracks and soldiers with missions from original townsmen games

14. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    which one do you mean? Townsmen out on iOS, Android and WP8 are the seventh part in our company. Which one did you prefer? Townsmen will not be a pvp title so we dont plan any big wars as thats not what our players really wanted till now. they prefer to have there own little empire on the device.

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    SO true. I am so tired of all the PvP battle/builders. The main reason that I've stuck with Townsmen since my old flip phone days is because it's allowed me to continue just building a nice little community without the worry of getting a dumb notification that someone just attacked me. Nothing's more depressing than trying to save up resources in a game to get something and then someone just comes along and steals them from you. It has ruined quite a few games for me. This one, however, is great! I know that I can retreat into it, and be at peace.

16. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    good to hear that you are a fan from the "old age" we started Townsmen in 2002 globally with a black and white version on the very old Nokia and Siemens devices. It is so different now and the consumers dont have to pay at their telcos nowadays. they can even check out the game for free. :)

And no panic no PvP attacks will come in.

17. Plrau

Plrau Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Warehouses

Hi again, quick question how are the warehouses setup to work? I've noticed that my guys will not always deliver to the warehouse and if i place it close to a resource gather sometimes the resource gather will ignore the warehouse and go to the castle. It's not so much problem but when I am trying to set up a city where the baker takes from a specific warehouse i

Never ends up working out that way.

Any insight into why?

18. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    sorry for my late reply was on the road for a business trip showing some guys our new upcoming titles.

your townies want to work so they will collect as soon something is available. So if you guy in the castle is free he will come and take it. the baker can take from any warehouse or castle. he will always try to coop with the closest building. they are townies they have their own thinking but we all build up a great working city and thats the key to have a very productive city at the end. if you have such questions send them over.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Oh that makes sense - like Plrau I'd always wondered exactly how warehouses work, thanks for explaining!

20. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    If you have no warehouses around your town you will have close to no chance to build up a big city. If you have any questions we can also do a youtube video about it in the future. So come up with questions and we will put that in a nice video. is that interesting for you?