iPad Tower Runner promo codes - Loderunner-like game with running around tower

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dissembill, Oct 30, 2010.

1. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Tower Runner for $1.99

Tower Runner Video on YouTube

– 33 game levels and 33 user levels with Level Editor (you can send your created levels to your friends by e-mail or paste levels in forum messages).

– Three Game Modes: Time Mode, Hi-Score Mode and User Mode (time mode for user levels).

– Adjusting game speed.

Gameplay:

You must collect all gold and reach to the top of the tower. Swipe to move yellow player avoiding green enemies. Tap left or right of the screen to dig blocks. Enemies can drop you from the tower, but when you fall you can catch on a bar and keep playing. Tower may contains trap doors and solid blocks which you can’t dig.

Level editor:

In User Mode you can use level editor to edit and save each level. In level editor you can copy level to clipboard or paste from it. If you copy level to clipboard – it is just a simple text – you can paste it to e-mail or forum message, so any other people can take your created levels, paste it to their game and enjoy.:)

Three types of Swipe controller:

– SIMPLE SWIPE CONTROLLER: Swipe to run, tap left or right button to dig.

– SWIPE (NO DIG BUTTONS): This is extended swipe controller, so you can swipe for example LEFT-UP to run left and later up when you reach the ladder. Tap left or right of the screen to dig.

– SWIPE PRO (ALWAYS RUN): The same as extended SWIPE, except you always run after swipe once. To stop swipe UP or DOWN or something else.

PROMO CODES:
    9PXP3676NEXN
    KH7A9P493MWN
    TREHRKP3REKL
    W6RW6HJAM36W
    NPTNPKNT3W9Y
    YYWRR4AX9LRP
    FKFWKJPH6LWY
    L767X33M366R
    WNRRAA7F67KT
    346NEHE4ARNH

Attached Files:

2. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Thank you for KH7A9P493MWN :)

3. plop013

plop013 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    9PXP3676NEXN, thanks

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    All codes appear to be gone.:(

5. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Hi all, I have ten promo codes, but won't write it here, so please send me a message if you want to get promo code for Tower Runner.

6. pajo_ojap

pajo_ojap Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    just sent a pm. Loved playing loderunner. This looks like lots of fun also.

7. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
  8. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Some promo codes sent, still have five codes.

9. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    PM sent!Thanks

10. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks for the code. Really like the game. It's definately like Loderunner but on a 3D tower. Graphics and gameplay are great and the swipe pro controls are flawless for me. Hopefully Game Center can be added later to give the game some more longevity after finishing it. Definately a game worth the $1.99 asking price...

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    For some reason I've been having trouble writing reviews in iTunes lately, but thanks again for the code. Definately a great game. Some may look at the somewhat simplistic graphics and not even give it a chance, but I like the 8-bit style and the gameplay is pitch perfect. Not too easy, but challenging and fun.

12. Bungie.net

Bungie.net Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Washington
    Fun game, I just hate that when you get hit by a person you get thrown all the way down the tower

13. dissembill

dissembill Active Member

Jun 16, 2010
    If you meet a bar when you fall, you will catch it and keep playing.

14. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I can't seem to write any review on iTunes either :( A shame.

This game is really enjoyable ESPECIALLY if you're a loadrunner fan. There are 33 maps available at start and user made ones can be created. Each map you can either run for High Score or run for Best Time (unfortunately I don't know anyone else playing this game so there's nothing to compete for). The pseudo-3D tower thing really looks nice giving this "8bit" title a little graphic flair. Also the stick man cracks me up with climbing animation.

Controls seems good, I did not like the splash screen or menu button gradients at all, but that's just personal preference I guess. Some of the maps are really challenging and huge, it'll take sometime to complete everything! Game play plays very similar to LodeRunner, and the youtube video would probably explain this better than me!

I'm sure this title would benefit from GC achievements and leaderboards (many people are crazy about it now). I like the simplistic art style, although I'm pretty sure I have a few friends who won't give this a second glance :( I like it that you can pause the game and swipe around the view hole to see the tower. It's very handy in finding some of the gold. Also, I found out that I could "fall" on a bad guy and not die. That was cool!

The music and sound effects are nice and work pretty well with this game.

Overall it's a good, fun and sometimes frantic "8-bit" game that's gonna stay on my phone for quite a while!

15. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Sold and if I'm not satisfied I'll send you the refund request instead to send it to dev. :D

Nice, thanks for this detailed review.

16. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Happened to me yesterday or the day before and had use my iPad instead of the PC to be able make one.

17. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    #17 spyky, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
    Oh crap what have I got myself into :(
    So did u enjoy the game? If it's not to your liking kindly tell the dev first before making a refund request form me :p

18. Looks like Tower Toppler (Nebulus) meets Lode Runner. Could be good. The video looks decent, though there seems to be some polish lacking. I'm also really not convinced by the swipe controls. It seems like you keep running until you change direction or hit something, which would require timing to hit ladders and such, which would be a deal breaker for me. Does it center the "stick" when you change directions without lifting your thumb or do you have to lift and swipe with each change?

19. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The swipe controls are spot on for this game. Reminds me of the swipe controls for PacMan CE, where you simply swipe in the direction you want to go. In this game there are 2 basic swipe methods. The first where you swipe in the direction you want to go and leave your finger on the screen to continue in that direction. To switch direction or go up ladders you simply drag in the direction you want to go without needing to lift your finger. Lifting your finger makes the guy stop. The other mode is just swipe the direction you want, let go and he runs until you swipe a different direction or you tap to dig. Timing is not a problem like you may think. I have never missed a ladder because I miss timed a swipe. If you want to stop running just swipe up or down when your not near a ladder, or tap to dig. The swipe pro ( always running) method is extremely simple and intuitive. I picked this method up right from the start and felt lmmediately comfortable with it. No learning curve, it just works well...

20. I didn't like Pac Man's controls to be honest, but the first method you describe where you don't have to lift your thumb, that actually sounds quite acceptable and more like a proper D-Pad Anywhere design; "Swipe Pro" sounds like the sort of controls I was worried about -- really don't like that method.

But knowing it has more of a DPA design I might think about giving this a shot. I'll probably wait for more impressions on the actual gameplay though.