Tower of Time - RPG with strong story and tactical real-time combat

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Event Horizon, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Event Horizon

Event Horizon Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #1 Event Horizon, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Happy to announce that we have reached Alpha state with our RPG game - Tower of Time.

Here is the link to website/YT/FB, where you can see gameplay demo and some game art:

WEB: http://www.evehor.com
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/toweroftime/
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvc3oonWHlQ16UI3YvMzDwA

much more content is coming in next days...

Tower of Time is a role-playing game set in a dying world. A cataclysm of an unknown origin happened countless millennia ago. History is all but lost to the survivors. As a young boy you came across a vast Tower buried in the ground. Now, as a grown man, you have returned to the same place and built a small city at the foot of the Tower. You need to reach the bottom of this mysterious construction, for within resides the only thing that can save the world.. or doom it forever.

Main features:
    • Strong and engaging story. Close to 1 hour animated illustrations with an English voice-over
    • Explore 13 levels of a mysterious Tower with 6 various graphical themes
    • Lead party of 4 champions, select them at will from 7 available and unique classes
    • Defeat your enemies in real-time tactical combat
    • Face numerous enemies (over 120 various models), some with powerful skills of their own
    • Build up your City, a base for hero training and skill/equipment management
    • Random item generation system. Five tiers of item power (standard, magical, ancient, relic and legendary).
    • Expansive crafting system, learn forgotten blacksmithing and enchanting techniques as you explore the Tower
    • Expected gameplay time 20-30 hours, depending on player choice to explore all parts of the Tower or rush to finish the story

Attached Files:

2. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Sounds like a solid game! Are you looking for alpha/beta testers?

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This looks fantastic. Please keep us updated!

4. Luci0

Luci0 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016
    Looks great! I'd love to help test beta / alpha

5. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Not yet.. we just merged all the branches into one big project and need to clean it thoroughly.. But certainly I will look for some experienced testers soon enough.

6. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #6 Event Horizon, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    Thanks. I hope it will also play fantastic :) -- since "looking good" is good only for Derek Zoolander these days (and most of AAA titles that just promise and never deliver)

I will certainly post frequent updates, we plan to record some more videos, especially from combat phase since it is shaping pretty interesting.

Here is some preview of main characters up close - we obviously put the biggest effort into class models. Each class has 4 different tiers of "look" - depending on armor tier. Below you can see 3 classes in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier - Shieldguard (human protector), Runelord (dwarven warrior/runemage) and Blademaster (Frostling, hulking giant from frozen north).

Attached Files:

7. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Looks amazing, could I make one possible request?

I would definitely be interested in helping test, but in the end...just in general I am excited to play it at some point. My request would be that you make this game compatable with at least IPAD 4 and above as IPAD 4 is all I have. Even if you have to add an options settings that we could choose to tone down certain settings if needed. Mobius Final Fantasy grasped the concept that not everyone has or can afford a 4-700 dollar upgrade atm, but still deserved to be able to play their game..and made it possible by going even a step further and upon download analyzing your device, there by loading a certain version to your device...plus they had resolution and FPS settings. You wouldn't even have to get all THAT fancy, but just for some simple video and resolution settings.

Thanks for your consideration, and hard work!

Sid

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I'm in! This game looks right up my alley.
    And would I be correct.....no iap shenanigans for the mobile version?

9. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Absolutely none. You get full content for the purchase price. City upgrade, skill upgrade and hero training will cost gold and it will be limited resource, collected during the exploration. You will need to make a choice what comes first, what later.. Like the old style RPGs such as Might and Magic III or Wizardry 7 / 8.

10. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #10 Event Horizon, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Screeen - Combat

I was asked by some to explain how combat works --- I will post some screenshots below - but it will be hard to explain, Monday or Tuesday I will upload to our YT channel a full combat encounter so you can see the gameplay.

Some basics:

** You can move your heroes around (actually you HAVE to move your heroes around)
    ** Enemies spawn from different locations and come at you in waves - increasing in size as combat progress
    ** You can slow time - to 10% - so you can assess the situation and chain-cast skills if needed
    ** Mana is precious resource, there is mana regeneration but it is not great, so combat is all about using your skills efficiently:
    --- e.g. summon Earth Elemental so he collects a bigger group of enemies and ONLY then cast your fireball..., or
    --- create a wall to change path of enemies so they congregate in one place, then Blademaster stuns them, then Mystic throws rain of fire
    ** Blademaster and a Mysterious 7th Class are exceptions, since they do not use mana
    ** When you select a skill - time slows and hologram of this skill appears so you can aim perfectly, whether it is your fireball or healing totem
    ** Enemies attack you melee or range, also - some enemies (Large, Elite) have abillites of their own, if you do not mitigate then, well.. fight will get harder
    ** You can summon a lot of allies - such as mentioned Earth Elemental that has a will of its own and wanders the map wreaking havoc or stationary such as Mage Tower, which is very fragile but has range aoe attack

Below -- I post some screenshots from the combat - it is all the same fight, you can see time stamp on the top bar. Hope admins will not mind that I spam so much graphics.

11. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Combat - Screens 1

1st part of Combat Screens

Attached Files:

12. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Combat Screens 2

2nd part of the same combat

Attached Files:

13. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Exploration - RPG elements

Also - I received some questions about RPG part - how exactly does it play. So here is a lot of screens from Exploration. We are putting a lot of effort into creating compelling levels as well as interesting story/quests

Attached Files:

14. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Exploration - screens 2

2nd part of screens

Attached Files:

15. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    #15 Event Horizon, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Exploration - screens 3

3rd part of screens

Attached Files:

16. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Exploration - Secret Locations

Finally - the last part. There are places which are hidden by unusual means. See this quest chain below.

Attached Files:

17. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Yesss!! I am all in also. Have you figured out price point yet or minimum device specs?

18. Event Horizon

Sep 5, 2016
    Poland
    Regarding hardware - we are doing PC and IOS simultaneously - however, it seems that PC will ship faster since optimization for IOS proves a big challenge - we need to lightmap piece by piece and it takes time.. (and more often than not, we are not happy with the result so we adjust lighting and wait another few hours for lightmapping).

We will try to make this game as accessible as possible in terms of hardware. Combat is the most challenging since there can be a lot of particles at the same time and some of them are really rich. On top of that, this is a game where a lot of data is being processed at the same time. But we will end up with reasonable requirements..

Regarding price - this is not determined yet, but it will be rather above the average price as the content is very rich. We aim for game-play time of 20 to 30 hours - depending on how much time player will spend on off-story part and on "city-business". For example, there will be 1 full level not connected to the Tower, neither story nor location.

19. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016

Of course I understand Take your time and work it out I'll be waiting I have an IPad Air 2 So I think my device is capable but I'm thinking of upgrading soon to a IPad Pro It's worth it to because I do most of my IOS gaming on my Ipad and to be honest all my gaming lately has been on my Ipad As far as price is concerned I agree you have to price it accordingly to make any kind of decent return I don't know about anyone else but I pay good money for good quality games I'm pretty sure there are a lot of gamers who will also Do what you need to do I'm assuming above average is $10-$15 range I might be wrong but that's fine by me for a premium content rich game I have even paid more but that's just me I think you have to be able to find that sweet spot to satisfy everyone which isn't easy Good luck with everything Looking foward to future updates

20. fr33z33

fr33z33 Member

May 22, 2012
    Atv4

This looks awesome!

Are there plans for an Apple TV port with controller support? I'm craving an old school style RPG on the big screen iOS platform.