Universal Tower of Fortune 3 (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 13, 2016.

1. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Well, I bought this game sight-unseen. I've been a huge fan of the Game Stew games since I first stumbled across ToF several years go.

This is their best game yet. I thought ToF2 was a great evolution of ToF1, but this takes the series to a whole new level. Buy this game, people.

Pizdak likes this.
  2. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    So now any game in which you have to restart if you run out of lives is a roguelike? Super Mario Bros. IS NOT a roguelike, it's a platformer. Permadeath does not equal roguelike.

A roguelike should literally be like the game "Rogue." The term has become something of a buzzword that gets applied to anything that features permadeath and randomization. I wouldn't even call ToF3 a roguelike because the floors are always laid out the exact same, only enemy encounters are truly random.

A roguelike should have randomized level design, randomized enemy encounters, randomized loot and permadeath, and to truly be a roguelike it should be a sort of dungeon crawler. I would say one can argue that spelunky, binding of isaac, galak-z, nuclear throne and ziggurat are roguelike takes in different genres, but in no way whatsoever is Super Mario Bros. applicable.

/nerdrage

3. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Worldception :D

4. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    This is tough at the start but becomes manageable later once you have lots gold for life potions, the enemies are tougher as the rolls are more than 50% likely they will hit and there auto attack makes it that much tougher

However just like demon/ dark souls series its tough but very enjoyable ;)

5. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I love the passion!!! #

Now for something less controversial...

...what's everyone's record for coins from tapping that sheep? Mine is 216, which I suspect is not that high.

But now whenever he appears, I say, "I'd tap that!"

6. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I just completed one of the endings, now it's back to square one to get another.

7. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Actually the skull rate is 35% in human form, 50% to attack and skull in fury mode, I test their game so I know that. This rate is test in thousands time for game challenging and balancing. A tip for avoiding the skull : let the wheel spin for awhile if you already land on a skull, the wheel will remix again. Never smash button continuely on a skull, it's easy to roll a round and land on the same icon.

In page 8 there is a useful guide from player- Polkinsky, you can also check it. :)

8. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you for the report, I already told the dev and they add it to the update list. :)

9. polkinsky

polkinsky Member

Jan 14, 2016
    #89 polkinsky, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    My record is over 320... :D

But I guess the reward raised by something like floor or LV (not sure)

In second round now, get a ending reward which resurrect your life once in every combat if you don't have potion, still so much fun. Forge the legendary katana Muramasa now.

10. VolkerE

VolkerE Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#90 VolkerE, Jan 18, 2016
    very attracted to these type of games, in particular once I heard there are different endings to explore and that it is not too easy. buying now!

**update**: crashes 1min into the game when I press TRADE on a rat NPC encounter. this is iPhone5C on iOS7. 8^(

11. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    They are fixing the problem on iOS 7 now. If you play the game on device with iOS 8 or 9, it works normally.

12. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015

I have to agree, played a few lives and don't really want to play any more after continually getting skulls way more then anything else. Especially resting. Every time I tried to rest it's a death sentence.

I don't mind buying the game as I like the Devs, really enjoyed tof2 and legacy.

But I'm done with this for now....

13. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    #93 momopara, Jan 18, 2016
    Maybe you can check the post on page 8 from player- Polkinsky or check the same post on ToF FB, a very useful guide. You will know actually the game is not that hard (or I will say easy if you catch the point).

Don't give up. The simple way to survive at the beginning is : add DEF first, no need to respin on mob, flee if you need. And there are lots post here can give you hints. You just need to take a look and will find the game is easy and fun more than you think. Hope you can enjoy the game. As I know, lots player including me are already in the second round and still have so much fun. :)

14. eksaint

Jan 2, 2015
    I'll do that and give it another shot, thanks

15. eksaint

Jan 2, 2015
    Ok, so glad I listened..

Got a level 17 guy going and really really enjoying it. Fleeing from fights and doing some grinding at the incinerator were very helpful.

16. drjustice

drjustice Member

May 6, 2012
    Has anyone pushed the big red button in the refinery yet? I'm too scared...

17. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    A little advice when you are spinning; the wheel repeats itself; you can just observe it, choose a point where there are more of the symbols you are looking for and count; it takes around 3-4 seconds for the wheel to complete its turn. Timing right you can land near the area you are aiming.
    That's very useful for when the wheel has several consecutive symbols (swords, beer or whatever you need).

18. ayuta

ayuta Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Its safe to push as soon as your hand fits .. ;)

19. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Thanks for the imps - I won't be getting this - my frustration threshold is way too low!

20. polkinsky

polkinsky Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Make sure you read the sign first!

Only hit the button as your hand fits the hand mark. You will know what it means at next floor. :D