Universal Tower of Fortune 3 (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I will be buying this after I beat the first two. Buying the second one now

2. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    #22 momopara, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    For 4S iOS7users, we will update and fix the problem for you. :)

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, I recall rage perma-quitting 2 and was curious whether this would be more of the sane.

4. polkinsky

polkinsky Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Really good game! Even better than ToF 2! So much fun in combat and interact with various NPC.

A few questions: how to enter the cellar in tavern? Any clue about trophy in the VIP room? I find a wishing well with a statue in second floor, can't find its arm.

Appreciate if anyone can give me some hint. :)

5. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Wow, in full color!

6. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    We check the code and find there is few function only support after iOS8, now we are working on it. Before update releasing , strongly recommend that upgrade to at least iOS 8 because Apple don't support some function before this version.

7. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Incredible game, best Game Stew title to date! It is a well crafted adventure with many secrets and much variety. Many elements from previous games have all come to fruition here.

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Really great evolution from the first two, though 2 is still one of my favorites. In all of these games I never make it very far.
    I must be really unlucky because can't stop drawing skulls on my first slot, it happens 8 out of 10 times at least. Are the slots random or do they spin in the same order all the time?

9. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I dont know about the last question but you can practice getting the right spin.. There are tips somewhere on the fb site of gamestew

10. iCarlosBR

iCarlosBR Active Member

Sep 14, 2015
    Wow, amazing game!

bought!

11. MagIor

MagIor Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Oh yay. Got a Skype call at the end of a dungeon, go back into the game and all my progress is reset. Really fun.

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    That sucks. Yesterday, I quit the app in the middle of a battle and it was still in the same spot when I opened it back up the this morning...I guess it depends on how much memory is used?

13. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Hint:
    1. You need a key which only drops at some specific place in prison
    2. Try dungeon in every floor and listen to the rumors from Tavern Lady or NPC, sometimes they talk about it
    3. If you are in Slum, you will find it at upper floor

14. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Any word on the slots crash fix?

15. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Working on it but strongly recommend player with iOS 7 in iPhone 4, upgrade to iOS 8 or 9.

16. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  17. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #37 gmattergames, Jan 14, 2016
    Can confirm difficulty ramped up significantly from previous ToF. Was killed on first encounter by "Scum Mom", even after going into rage; definitely discouraging. Always questioned the logic ToF using Gold as the respin currency. Sure it's a slot machine game, but who am I "paying" for a 2nd chance; seems like a "stamina" currency would be more appropriate. Making matters worse, mobs now automatically attack at certain intervals, even if you don't spin a monster hit.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky, but seems like initial release may need some rebalancing otherwise it won't be nearly as popular as previous games as fans of the old and new players alike will be easily discouraged.

You do get to start over, and seems you may retain previous advancements and gear. Which if that is the case, difficulty may actually balance over time. Still, initial impression is disappointment.

I do like the new map navigation and inventory, seems like a nice improvement. Can't say the move to color has improved the visuals, as the monochrome scheme of previous games was so charming.

18. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Can anyone confirm what you do and do not keep when you die?

19. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #39 gmattergames, Jan 14, 2016
    I was mistaken you do not retain perks or gear, only gold. You do get free life potion each time.

Game is definitely unforgiving. Because the slot RNG seems to favor enemies, they score far more combos from consecutive hits than player does. This in addition to their auto-attacks, death becomes so frequent, it all starts to seem a bit futile. Resting is no help as the same RNG odds typically result in ambush by Scum family, who, by the way, steal gold on each hit.

While I enjoy the risk-reward of a challenging roguelike, so far, this one doesn't seem to balance that hook very well, and is more frustrating than enjoyable.

20. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    You lose everything but your gold when you die. If you ascend to a new floor of the tower, you can go directly to that level after you die, but you'll have none of the necessary gear or XP perks to last long. It's frustrating, and seems like an unnecessary grind to re do the whole first level again.