Universal Tower of Fortune 2 - (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Wow, just wow... This is a great example of a sequel done right.

2. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    A couple of advices; you can time the reels to hit the area you want, the full reel takes around 3 seconds so you should click a little bit before that.

After some grinding and unlocking the first 5 towers i started to have problem grinding as the bosses and mid bosses of previous areas started to be all high level; i decided before unlocking the 10,000 coins area to invest 8,000 coins in the object that resets the mid bosses and bosses to level 1; i can now grind easily previous areas and already made enough money to unlock the next one...
    Also dying a couple of times at the beginning can help as it resets the bosses level (although resets also the character level); be sure to buy the insurance item so you can carry on your items.

Hope that helps, the game is very grindy but strangely addicting...

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #23 ScotDamn, Sep 24, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    So I'd like to thank undeadcow for turning me onto the beauty of slot mechanics. Because of him, I've found dungeon plunder and took notice of the first ToF which is a great game. ToF2 is everything the first one could've been and more. They really opened it up with this one and I simply can't get enough!

There's just so much content and variables to consider in this one, almost like the first one was a practice round for a much deeper sequel... and I love it.

If you didnt play the first one, I can understand a slight learning curve in the beginning since it absolutely builds off the first one. Now with cooler animations, exploration element, blacksmith, cooking skill and more.

Super awesome and highly recommended.

4. Wander

Wander Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    Animator
    Los Angeles
    I never played the first one, and I tend to avoid 'rogue like' games, but this really drew me in. The art style is so damn charming and the combat is fun so far, this will definitely keep my attention for a while :)

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    It's a cool game but its pay to win, u can just buy gold. Kind of disappointed with that.

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Well gold is implemented not only as a currency, but plays a major role in combat too. It's definitely not pay to win though. You can go ahead and buy 100k gold, but you still won't be able to defeat the last boss. It plays just as it's supposed to with normal gold gathering. Grinding is supposed to be a major part of the game, so if you don't like doing that, then stop playing and stop calling it pay to win.

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #27 Montanx, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    False. U can pay to win since all u need is gold to respin anytime u are going to get hit. If they added limited respins per battle this would be different and all the gold would do is speed up convenience and it would be fine. But using gold for unlimited respins means besides the couple counterattackers and the 1 time u need to have extra life potions, u can beat the game and never even take 1 attack.

It's a great game however and the amount of money needed to fund the respins is ludicrous and totally optional so I'm not saying it ruins the game at all, I'm just saying u can pay to win and that mere fact disappoints me.

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    You can't defeat the last boss if your level is not high enough, unless you have luck and don't get counter-attacked 5 times. You could just go and buy gold, but you'd have to spend at least 200$ to get to the boss once and even then you'd most likely die. No, this game is not pay to win. The leveling up system goes parallel to gold gaining. So, even with 1 million gold you'll just take a gamble and hope that the last boss won't do counter-attacks. Good luck with that.

9. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Just finished the game and got the first ending, wil take a couple of days of break and then i'll start playing again to see some of the other alternative endings.

A couple of more advices: definitely buy a couple of times the item that resets bosses, makes grinind easier once they reach too higher level.

The loot wheel raises in value in the higher levels (so the same kind of coin has more value than in lower level); as a general rule always use the 2X button when u loot bosses and middle bosses but once you get to the 5th floor of the tower or past that, is convenient to always use the 2x button; this makes raising money much easier.

10. Saxonius

Saxonius Member

Oct 5, 2010
    So after you buy one Insurance policy the price goes up to $4000. After you die and use the policy, the price remains at $4000. Does this reset back to $1000 after you die again without insurance?

11. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #31 Aventador, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Pure retro awesomeness !
    When I was a kid playing nintendo mini classics Zelda ( which I still have in good , working condition btw :) ) , never did I imagine that years later I will be able to get even better gameplay experience of original Game & Watch mechanism game.I don't mind grinding, at least there are potions , many minigames that can earn you money and insurance , neither of those were in Game & Watch Zelda, still remember how angry I got when I finally reached third dragon with upgraded lance and got killed in a second.
    Huge thank you to all members of Game Stew for bringing this to iOS and making it universal.
    Two question for developers :
    Will Gargoyle ruins get universal support, and will we get another 8-bit color games like it in future ?

12. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    So obtaining the
    wolf
    is pretty cool. :D

13. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yes it does.

14. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    So the wolf maxes at
    level 31, with 5-68 damage and 65% critical rate

15. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone got a bird yet? I see one in the trees at canpsite but havent gotten 1 yet. Maybe its like the wolf? Love this game, the GC acheivements have me playing alot.

16. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    #36 Aventador, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
    Can you really get a bird as companion ?
    Only other interactive animal in camp I've seen is mascot , which needs to be bought from store.
    Edit : there is no bird companion

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Well I am not sure but I see one in the tree at the camp.

18. Shyft

Shyft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Is anyone else crashing after certain events? Like for me the paladin crashes me when he asks for food, which is a huge problem if its after a mid boss since his level will go up before I can finish the end boss.

19. Aventador

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Game froze couple of times when I clicked on decision for potion troll , so had to restart it.Outside battle it crashes often when I click store/chest icon.When I do get into store, clicking on coin icon ( I guess that's where IAPs are ) always crashes the game.

20. Oats

Oats Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Accounting Monkey
    Sunny California
    Found a cool bug that allows for a descent CHEAT!
    Once you have befriended the wolf you can level him up by feeding him MEAT in the CAMP. Normally the MEAT goes away once you level him up, but if you go directly to the FORGE screen instead of leaving CAMP, you should get the MEAT you used to level up the wolf back ;-)
    You can then leave camp and the MEAT should remain with you!
    I hope this glitch works for everybody and they don't fix this bug as the wolf really helps out a lot once he's been maxed out.