Universal Tower Fortress (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 15, 2017.

1. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Not yet on this update though as I still have to fix and tweak a lot of stuff. On the next update hopefully

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i like the new suits with positive only. obviously now i have to gather 10k for the sword suit , which is the best new weapon!

3. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Awesome! Lightsword is the most fun weapon I made!

4. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Been enjoying this game for weeks,great work!
    Now with all the new stuff,an endless mode could be a lot of fun.

5. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I've got a lot of requests about this one so I'll add this one up in my to do list. By any chance, do you have ideas on how to make it work? Do you play from level 1-1 to 4-3 then repeat from 1-1 with tougher enemies?

I'm also planning to add Daily Towers and Hard Mode.

6. DarayX

DarayX Active Member

Nov 13, 2017
    #106 DarayX, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Well, what I have in mind is some kind of roguelike "tower climbing" instead of "dungeon crawling". With the new update, I actually see the potential of different builds, like choose the spin suit and focus on improing the spin damage, or choose the light sword suit and focus on melee attack and health. And with an endless mode, it would give you enough buff to make it work sooner or later.
    And about the levels, I think Nitrome itself might be inspiring. I have their Leap Day, and it combines different mini levels to generate a whole new run. Maybe you could make floors from the four levels to show up randomly? And for every 3 or 4 floors, there is a boss fight. After you defeat the all 4 bosses, an other circle with tougher enemies begins.
    Anyway, it's just my personal preference~~ More new levels and new bosses with special rewards would be absolutely awesome, but it requires a lot of work too. It could even be a new premium game, which I would love to buy of course~~

7. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Here is my take on an endless mode....

The ability to “loop” the game would be amazing. Nuclear Throne handled this very well, in that during the last boss, you could choose to loop the game by destroying the four reactors on the side of the arena during the boss fight, once the throne was defeated “for realz”, you would spawn back at 1-1 with the insane build you started with against an even more insane amount of enemies. It would be cool if there was a similar set of stage items (ie: smaller smoke generators to the left and right of the big one???) or for comic relief, shooting the smaller ones first would blow your character over the side of the tower, fully powered up, to only have to climb the tower again to destroy the other two.

TL;DR: the ability to loop vs creating a whole new endless mode seems bad ass to me

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks for the ideas! I didn't know Nuclear Throne has endless mode. That's a nice idea for endless. Time to play that again.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #109 Jayg2015, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    As long as this game receives updates I’ll keep playing.
    I haven’t burned myself out so new suits , enemies, levels, modes will have me playing forever .
    The developer did a great job creating a game that could be relevant forever.

Crazy suggestion .

This would take away from this games core but what about a platform endless mode.
    Sidescrolling for an endless mode . I could see this happening and being huge.
    Like I said crazy suggestion

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    This may be similar to what you wanted but I thought of a tongue in cheek mode for the landscape requests where one of the suits lets the player play with its gravity on the side, and the controls on landscape. So it will be like sidescrolling game which will make the gameplay refreshing similar to how Castlevania Symphony of the Night turned the castle upside down.

11. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm looking forward to some great updates.

Keybol, I'm sure you will!