Universal Tower Fortress (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Sam_zeus

Sam_zeus New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Well, Its Amazing.

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks for the report, I'll check on it. Also another way to restore purchase is to press Remove Ads again, it will tell you that you have already purchased the product and if you'd like to receive it for free.

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    A while back you mentioned something about familiars being something you were considering, and I just wanted to say that is an amazing idea. I could totally see a little slime creature of my own tagging along beating crap up or some dragon that flys behind acting as a supplemental flame thrower, firing in short bursts or something.... my two cents.

4. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can u make this so I can play with the phone sideways.
    You have to have tiny hands to play it with a normal phone.
    I’m trying to position my hands so I can touch both sides with my thumbs but it’s impossible.

5. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Any talks of giving the game a mode with levels?

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I had the same thought. The controls are really cramped for me when playing in portrait mode.

7. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm scheduling update releases. First up is more suits, buffs and weapons. Next will be Hard Mode and more level variations. After that will be secret rooms and intermission levels (with new enemies and traps). Then an entire new area with a final boss which needs to be unlocked by getting all intermission levels.

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm experimenting on offering landscape. I can support it as we have a Steam version on landscape. I will put it in my schedule to offer this in future update.

9. RogerSimon

RogerSimon Active Member

Oct 10, 2017
    Aspiring Indie Game Dev
    San Francisco
    This game is fun. Nitrome has to be one of the best development teams out there. I love their graphics style. I feel like I can spot a Nitrome game from a mile away.

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Nitrome is amazing but I think most of the praise should be given to Keybol. This was his baby before Nitrome was involved however the two together are an excellent combination. :)

11. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Still waiting for landscape mode update, my big thumbs often touch each other instead of the screen, I will drop my $3.99 when the update out, otherwise the game is addictive :)

12. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    What about adding a "Random Suit" option to the selection? It would be fun to get a random suit every time you restart.

13. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Hard Mode? I still can barely get past the first boss using up the revive.........

14. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Im not sure why this game is so highly rated. This is the first game in years that has made me want to haul off and launch my phone across the room because of the controls.

Like others have mentioned the controls are infuriating. I die quick and I wish I could say its because the game is difficult but I die because my hand slips off buttons or they arent very reactive.

also, why is it when I am trying to play the pause menu randomly pops up for no reason?

15. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Maybe try avoiding playin games on your phone without washing your hands after you kill a 12 pack of hot pockets?

16. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #96 Lull4by, Dec 1, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Actually the game runs amazingly on PC, you can see some nice reviews on Steam thread, the only issue on mobile is the control, I think if there are more people have same issue, the Dev will fix it soon.

17. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you for the feedback. Yes I am considering all reviews and will schedule how to fix them. Currently, we've fixed enough bugs but there are still more. I've also made the 3rd area to scroll with the player for faster gameplay and not be a combo killer. New content is also added. After that, I'll work on landscape mode and other control options. I'm thinking of a similar layout as Downwell, 3 buttons and the fire button will be anywhere on top of the 3 buttons, meaning the full screen in between the pause button and virtual buttons. For landsape, I've experimented on it and check on possible implementation. I made a mockup also.
    [​IMG]

18. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I still wouldn't claim full credit here as Nitrome did a lot of improvement on visual design and design decisions. At the end of the day, I am really proud of what we achieved and thankful to everyone who's supported the game.

19. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #99 keybol, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    First contant update live on the AppStore!!!
    [​IMG]

7 New weapons
    - magnum
    - homing
    - tornado
    - boomerang
    - bouncer
    - fork gun
    - lightsword

10 New Suits
    - Diamond Clad: 7 hp, no pickups
    - Ranidaphobe: no frogs
    - Santa: chests everywhere
    - McGee: magnum is default
    - Lockpick: start each level with a key
    - Captain: boomerang is default, 3hp
    - Seeker: homing is default, difficult key unlock
    - Swordsman: lightsword is default, no chests
    - Dead Aim: weapons have infinite ammo
    - Chamber: start in area 4, no keys

Upgrades
    - Double Spin: first jump is spin jump
    - Easy Fix: health pickups restores 2 hp
    - Overheat: when at 1hp, +2 gun damage
    - Bullet Time: slow down enemy bullets
    - Swift Boots: movement speed up

Improvements
    - Area 3 now scrolls along with the player. This will help players continue to rack up combos and beat the game faster.
    - Second boss has more streamlined attacks and movement.
    - improved French translations
    - bug fixes

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    @Keybol - that landscape screen looks sick