Universal Tower Fortress (by Nitrome)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Nov 15, 2017.

1. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Can’t wait!!! Get that update out ASAP!!!

2. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    We'll upload today and hopefully Apple approves it within this week, hopefully within 24 hours.

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Holy fantastic! So excited.

4. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #64 keybol, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    We submitted the build with iPhone X support. That's been a hectic week of working on technical stuff and bug fixing.

Now, let's work on more content! Any suggestions?

So far here's what I got:
    (Note: these are content updates, other features like control options will be on separate update that we will schedule internally like the iPhone X support above).

Update 1:
    Gun upgrades
    - tornado
    - homing
    - bouncer
    - ???
    - ???

Buffs
    - charge shot when full bar
    - shield (from orbs)
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Suits
    - Renegade - [+] start with Spike Orb [-] no spin attack (still double jumps)
    - Frogmaster - [+] immune to frogs, [-] ???
    - ???
    - ???
    - ???

Update 1.1
    New level chunks
    New hard mode

Update 2:
    Secret rooms (Unlocks Intermission levels)
    3 Intermission levels (1-i,2-i,3-i)

Update 3:
    New unlockable final area (5-1, 5-2, 5-3) - unlocked when you find the 3 Intermission levels
    New unlockable real final boss

Update 4:
    Relics - You get to unlock 1 every time you beat the game. These can be kept for the rest of the game and has additional benefits to the player.

5. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    update with iPhone X support is live!

6. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Unfortunately the game won‘t start after the latest update. It always goes straight back to the home screen. I‘m playing on iPhone 7 Plus with the latest iOS.

7. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Works perfect for me!! Thanks for the quick turnaround!

8. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you blue rocket.
    @MrToffee79
    We'll still upload a build with fixes we may have mislooked the first time even after testing on several devices.

Please bare with us if you are seeing any problems as we are aware of them and we've made a fix ready for Apple to approve and release this weekend.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Update is perfect....thank you!

10. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Thanks!!

11. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    What could they be? I'm so happy with the reception of Tower Fortress I'll just leave it here. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    [​IMG]

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i saved up enough gems and bought the gemx2 suit... and now i stopped playing because all the other suits not only dont give double gems, they all have drawbacks.
    i think this idea should be discarded, to change the gameplay is good but not to have disadvantages. why should i play more to have reverse controls or one hp?

please work on the content to spend gems on.

13. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    After the latest update the game still crashes back to the homescreen on my iPhone 7 Plus with latest iOS. :(:(:(

14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Why does double gems even matter to you after you have the suits ? For instance keeping combo going after bein hit is my favorite suit. Or one health for challenge runs for instance...?

15. MrToffee79

MrToffee79 Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Reinstalling made the game working again. But, as there is no iCloud save, all i have achieved ingame is gone. :mad:

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#76 Anotherkellydown, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Using the different suits is one of the best things about TF in my opinion. I have to admit, the shotgun suit is my favorite but I still shuffle between a select few.

I finally started using gems to continue once in a while (it's good for learning boss patterns) but still haven't beaten it. That Goo God is tricky. I played this game for probably 12 hours over the Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend. Lol

I saw this on your twitter. Excited for the update! Oh, and happy (late) Thanksgiving to you too! :)

17. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I'm terribly sorry about that. We've released version 1.0.4 yesterday. I'll make it up to you by working hard on the content update with new suits and weapons. I'll post more about it here soon. Coming in December

18. keybol

keybol Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    #78 keybol, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    You did awesome! Goo God can either be very easy or troublesome. I have beaten him even before he finished his first growl, but I may have just gotten lucky (T-Gun, +1 gun damage, and Ranger suit). There's also another way that's fast but is strategic. Use his arms against him.

Speaking of suit, players have different playstyle so if you like the x2 gems suit, Cash then good for you. Treat other suits to be just trophies for your hard earned gems. Others just go for completionist route unlocking each level. Others would want to challenge themselves with Poison, Mirror or Pro suit.

And more suits are coming that will just be all about fun. Swordsman, Santa and Ranidaphobe are a few of my favorites from design point of view.

19. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    THis has to be one of the best hidden gems of 2017.
    I hope to see content updates, not for free because I would be happy to pay for them

20. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    So the restore purchase button isn’t working. I accidentally removed it from my iPhone and it won’t let me restore after reinstall :-/ HALP!