Universal Tower Duel (by Forest Ring Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MrKanister, Feb 14, 2018.

1. MrKanister

MrKanister Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    That's a good point! We'll reiterate the Tutorial and make sure it's more understandable before players start facing real players ;)

2. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    #62 Wrath, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Is it intentional that players do not have the same barrier placements on map during a game? I thought players had the same barrier placements until I watched a replay and realized why my opponent was able to place towers in a much better strategic maze while I had a essentially two corner sections with barriers preventing me from making a further winding path. Wasn’t sure if they were procedurally generated or to balance player skill....

3. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Thanks a lot for the feedback. As you guessed correctly, maps in Tower Duel are completely procedurally generated. We decided to allow variations between opponents field to introduce a luck factor in the game. In the future, there will also be a competitive mode in which players play on the exact same field with equal cards ;)

4. Pardee

Pardee Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Haha, I want to have the same issue please..

Congrats on that Apple feature @MrKanister!I didn't see it but maybe next time :)

5. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    Winning 6 times in a row? How do you guys do that? My best so far is 3 ;) I guess the matchmaking is really good!

6. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    That's great to hear! Did you know we are generating our game balancing automatically with a tool we developed? It saves us a lot of development time ;)

7. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    Really? That sounds super cool! Is it using some AI....or...google beating Go champion stuff?

8. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Yes, we are constantly improving it, trying out more machine learning algorithms. Qualitive User Feedback on our Discord Chat helps us a lot to test if the Balancing tool comes up with the right values. TD is many times more complex than GO, so you will most likely not see an AI take beat the number one player in the near future :)

9. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    More complex than Go? Wow :D I played go extensively for like 3 months or so....TD feels a lot easier. But mabye that's because that graphcis are not only black and white stones :D

10. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Well, the biggest difference in complexity comes from the fact that TD is a real-time game and GO a turn-based Game. Glad to hear you already figured out how to play the game. Do you have any suggestions for game mechanics we should lay more focus on in the tutorial?

11. Pardee

Pardee Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Can I replay the tutorial somehow?

12. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Yes! :) You can individually choose the tutorial you'd like to replay in the "Options" screen by clicking on the "tutorial" button.

13. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    That new matching screen in today's update is really awesome! Great job!

14. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    The latest update has things looking sharp - it's nice seeing the game develop. :)

Some questions regarding card decks:
    1. Once a card is added to your deck, can it be removed? If so, how?
    2. Once cards are added to your deck, can you reorder them? If so, how?

Also, once you level up and unlock new cards - if you upgrade any of those, but then lose matches and get relegated to a lower level, and then win and move back up again - do you unlock the same cards and would those upgrades still be there?

15. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Thanks a lot! It's one of the first changes in a series of upcoming stadium upgrades.

16. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    #76 MrKanister, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Great News: Only 2 months after the release, Tower Duel has reached the Top50 Strategy Games on the App Store in 13 countries! ... without spending a single $ on marketing.

17. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    Thank you so much, this is really motivating to hear!

1. Not yet, you replace it with other cards though (Really good point!)
    2. Unfortunately not yet as well, you can, however, rearrange cards through a series of replacing cards (we should fix this )
    3. Once you level up a card you always keep this level-up regardless in which league you're in. However, if you league-down safes will not contain cards anymore which have to be unlocked be leaguing up again.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

18. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    Wow, that's really impressive congrats! I hope I can get to the ingame leaderboard as fast as you guys get to the app store leaderboard.

19. MrKanister

Aug 5, 2017
    Game developer
    Germany
    It took us more than 2 months to get there, so I am pretty sure you can :D We had players reaching the Top50 in less than 2 weeks. Some of them also shared their strategies on the Tower Duel wiki http://towerduel.wikia.com/wiki/Strategies_and_Guides

Good luck and have fun dueling!

20. strategymaster90

Feb 15, 2018
    Less than 2 weeks is really impressive. I'm merely top 100 now, but I feel like I'm getting better every day, finding new strategies all the time.