Tower Defense, best?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by magihiro, Jul 4, 2009.

1. yacoub

yacoub Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Besiegement and 7 Cities are highly recommended if you want a classic TD experience with plenty of hours of gameplay.
    Besiegement in particular is rarely mentioned because it sort of slid under the radar, being released around the time some bigger name TD games were released. If more people played it, i think more people would recommend it. It's a very solid, all-around classic TD game with a dual campaign mode (open maps and pathed maps), lots of levels, lots of towers, upgrades, etc.

2. iWhore

iWhore Member

May 10, 2009
    I seriously think GeoDefense is a must. The designer put a lot of time into creating a polished and difficult game. Wont always beat a level, but SO satisfying when you do. I also have Star Defense & FieldRunners (not so much a fan of the latter, seems like a good game but I just cant really get into that much anymore after I beat it)

3. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    +1, Besiegement is a very good TD, and its price still in 0.99 I think, a very good game with hours of gameplay and an achievements system.

4. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I have a lot of TD games, and honestly Besiegement is one of my least favorite. Some people love it, but it just didn't do it for me. I like that it has both fixed and open paths, but it seems lacking in so many other ways. The biggest issue for me was the play ballance -- it just wasn't ballanced well. Generally it was way too easy, but then suddenly it would be way too hard. The graphics and animations didn't help it either. It did come out shortly after Fieldrunners, but that may have helped it in some ways as much as it hurt it. FR was the first TD I ever tried and I liked it enough that I looked around for more and that's how I heard of Besiegement. I've bought about twenty TD's, fourteen of which have a permenent place on my iPhone. Besiegement is one of the games I deleted.

5. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA
    The creeps!!!!!!!!1

Get "the creeps" man its awesome!!!!!!!!!! (plus it god pocket god characters in it!!!)

6. chiswede

chiswede New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Chicago
    Get Tower Madness and Field Runners. Those are the best 2 I've played.

7. asianness

asianness Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    The creeps is my favorite and Fieldrunners is okay, but not great.

I'm trying to decide between 7 cities and Sweetwater Defense. Which one is better? I kinda only want to buy 1 of them.

8. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

if you have to get 1, 7 cities, but they are both very good, and both on sale for 99 cents i believe, and sweetwater is about to go back to full price. i say pick up both. 2 great games for a combined price of 1.98 :)

9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    #49 Devilishly Good, Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Sweetwater is on sale right now for 99 cents. I recommend both 7 Cities and Sweetwater, but don't let that sale pass you by. Sweetwater has nice gameplay and graphics and a lot of maps to play.

You could always try the Lite version of Sweetwater to see if you like it.

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ...unfortunately 7 cities has already gone back to its normal price of $2.99

11. sktung

sktung Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Personally I have played most of them but Crystal Defenders was - at least for me - the most challenging and unique one (I won it before the updated full screen version).

Maybe it was TD overload, but after winning fieldrunners, besiegement, 7 cities, sentinel etc. have lost a bit of interest in the genre.

However, the wife absolutely loves The Creeps and I consider it the "Wii" of TD Games - easy to pick up and play.

12. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Does Besiegement have an endless mode? I'm not to excited for challenges and crap like that.

13. Picticon

Picticon Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I'm working on it for the next release. I have the code done, I just have to create the levels now.