Tower Defense, best?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by magihiro, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    My favorite TDs have been Dungeon Defense, Tower Madness, Defender Chronicles, Sentinel, Sentinel 2, The Creeps, GeoDefense, and Sweetwater Defense.

Each offers it's own unique twist to the TD formula, have nice graphics, and challenging game play.

2. zipper

zipper Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    The Creeps for anyone reading this thread, i know the OP has it. The Creeps is just awesome.

3. Spek

Spek Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Fieldrunners is waay over rated. Found it too easy and too slow. The thing that also bugs me are that some of the enemies in FR look remarkably like some of the Team Fortress 2 characters. The soldier and the heavy weapons guy. This makes me mad because FR was winning awards for art. Its boring and didn't stay on my ipod long. I have most of the TD games and I would recommend:

GeoDefense
    Defender Chronicles

4. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Sweetwater Defense isn't very popular, it's a worthy TD though. LOTS of levels, 3D graphics, but very hard. It's like 7CitiesTD but 3D.

5. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Bothers me, the title of this thread does.

I like Sentinel, don't have S2 though. I also like Elemental Monsters.

6. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    If you like Sentinel, you'll love Sentinel 2.

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1 to that

8. Spek

Spek Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    yea I was happy with S2. I really like how they bring harvester/repair drones into that game. Its always nice when you have something to do or think about other than waiting for money to roll in. Also, the money interest system adds a little more strategy. Both good games

9. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Obviously, opinions differ and you could end up liking any of a dozen TD games the most.

There are at least 10 free or lite version TD games out there, try them all first.

Personally, I like Defender Chronicles the most, partly because of the heavy RPG element. But I've also bought 5 or 6 other TD games, and enjoy them all.

TapDefense is quite underrated in my opinion.

10. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Star Defense is my favorite hands down!!! :D

11. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    Seems I'm one of the few who didn't enjoy Sentinel :|
    Fieldrunners is the most ordinary TD but somehow it's still my favorite one. 7 cities comes right after.

12. eya0

eya0 Member

Jul 6, 2009
    GeoDefense is by far my favorite - even though it can get hard at times, the atmosphere, pace, graphics, and gameplay all seem a step above most of the TD games out there.

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    The reason you didn't like Sentinel is probably because Fieldrunners is your favorite. Nothing against you, but FR is a very lightweight TD game. Sentinel requires much more of a thought process to execute correctly and thus enjoy.

14. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    #34 Adams Immersive, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
    My favorite three:

* 7 Cities (semi-traditional maze TD with some RPG elements and some nice complexity to the towers/upgrades)

* Defender Chronicles (deep TD with RPG elements, which calls for replaying the same map multiple times to earn numerous additional abilities)

* geoDefense (fast-paced arcade action style)

ElementalMonster is a close runner-up (the monsters you fight BECOME your "towers"), and the TDs you already have are fine as well (I do like Sentinel's interest and mining features). I've bought Sweetwater but not played it yet. Fieldrunners is good, but the open style doesn't grab me as much. But if it grabs you, consider both TowerMadness and Fieldrunners.

15. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Defender Chronicles, Geo defense, Sentinel 2, Monster TD....

Those are my favorite of them so far, I don't really like FR and 7cities.... way to easy and boring.

16. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    lolwut

17. Just got Defender Chronicles and thought of it as being very good. My current fave would definitley have to be Sentinel 2 though. Just wish it had Plus+ so I could challenge friends.

18. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I guess that explains why I suck at the Creeps and 7 cities too.

19. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Fieldrunners and Defender Chronicles.