iPad Tower Bloxx 3D Needs an Update

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iKoda, Feb 18, 2009.

1. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    The game is great. I Love it. The only things i'd like to see change in the game is Online high scores for "Quick Play" And also having lives when you play 2 player on the same device. I've played 2 player with my friends and my friends always just tap the screen to drop since there arn't any lives.

Conclusion.
    Online High scores for Quick Play.
    Having lives for 2 Player.

2. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    #2 pante, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
    the only thing i'd like to see is a price drop.
    not worth 6$.

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    True dat. There're deeper games than this on miniclip.

4. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    you know i downloaded the lite version (definitely suggest this to those who haven't) and i'd seriously consider the game, but it's too expensive for what it is, and also i don't know that just because it was popular on Facebook crap.... this is the iPhone, it's a different world and people will judge you accordingly! it would be ultra fun if there was some sort of strategy to placing a tower... like sim city style... if you had to build each building?

5. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Actually this game isn't just on facebook. It's on other mobile phones.

6. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    The $5.99 price tag is rather steep for a simple game such as this game. I had tried Tower Bloxx Deluxe for PC and the graphic in PC is definitely much more smoother than this. I can accomplished much more perfect drops on PC than in the Lite version of this game.

7. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Oh whoops i saw all the facebook links etc and thought that it had some sort of social aspect to it.. thanks for clearing that up!

still $5.99 is too much

8. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

There's also a windows port of it.

But, to sum it up, it desperately needs a bit of social stuff, like Scoops has (and, once again, these games are more or less the same).

In the description I read, that there's something like a tower comparism. What is that?

9. SwingOnThis

SwingOnThis Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    The price will drop eventually to $2.99 or even $1.99 once they realize they aren't selling much at the $6 price point. The light version is more than fine for me until the price comes down. :)

10. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I ended up buying the $6 version. Not sure it was totally necessary since I'm not too into building cities and I don't care about online scores or any of that jazz. But it's a fun game, and I don't regret the purchase.

11. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    Same here. Before I bought, I looked up the app price history for that company (like crazy penquiin catpult and chocolate frenzy). I noticed that they do not lower prices much at all....so I wouldn't expect the price to come down anytime soon. I always try to research the dev/company to see how they price their other apps, and if they have "sales" often. Just my .02.

12. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    I'd rather pay $6 for Tower Bloxx than $1 on that.

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm not saying Blox is not a good game but it's not a Tower Bloxx alike game.

Totem is (I think) the only title that has the same Tower Bloxx gameplay. It's a $0.99 but it does not have the same production level as Tower Bloxx.

If you don't like the game, no problem.

But what I can't understand is why compare Tower Bloxx with games that don't have anything to do with its gameplay. It's an inaccurate comparison.

14. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The recently released SheepStacker is similar to Tower Bloxx. I actually find it a little bit more difficult, and it's definitely cuter. But it doesn't have ANY score keeping. You get "nickels" for perfect stacks, but it ends up not meaning anything because there's not even a local high score list.

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    There's also MewMew Tower ($1.99) for those that love cats. :)

I have purchased Totem but Tower Bloxx is the #1 of this type of game for me.

16. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I think the big difference is production value. If you want a lower production value, by the .99 cent apps (with some exceptions)...but I have noticed a pattern that typically involves price by production value rather than gameplay. I love pretty games, and I have enough money to by a $6 game for my $400 idevice...so why not?

17. shannonkay

shannonkay Member

Jan 9, 2009
    The recent 1.1 update for sheepstacker includes high score tables.