Universal Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny (by Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I too await the iPhone 5 update. Something is wrong with my updates - it's blank screen despite the icon indicator showing 5 updates. No buttons either do I can't 'update all'.

I guess I'll try update my IOS from 6.01 to whatever is the latest and see if that helps. I really want this update !

2. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Quick update for you guys:

We put in an EXPEDITED REVIEW request with Apple in the hopes that they'll view the i5 break as seriously as we do. I'll let you know when it finally pops into there "OH HEY WE'RE LOOKIN AT IT" queue.

Thanks for all your patience. We had some friends over for that LAUNCHILI last night, one of whom has an iphone5. He showed it to us and we were in both horror and awe, as we know some of you have been troopers and have been playing it in portrait mode!

Beasts, the lot of you. In the best way possible.

3. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    was hoping you guys would do that! been hacking that portrait mode.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #84 Vovin, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

Thanks! :)

Oh, and I'll learned what backass means and take back all that tophat and uncle sam stuff and deeply apologise. Because.

I hope that chili was good!
    Did you put dark beer in? Or coffee?
    And... did you know the alcohol in beer is actually the piss the yeast bacteria produces from eating sugar?

Good move with that expedited review stuff. Can't wait, because portrait mode kills my thumbs. Thanks!

5. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    NO TAKE BACKSIES. Friendly banter is a must, and I greatly enjoyed our back and forth. DRAGON.

Would one of you mind doing a screencap of it and posting it here? I have some artistic swearing to get out.

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's kind of interesting that TowelFight 2, as a "dual stick shooter," even supports portrait mode at all; much less that 5G land is totally stuck in it. TowelFight 2 will be a lot easier to play in a few days.
    Right on! 360 controls are for the weak anyway; when I was a kid (Nintendo) we didn't have 360 controls.
    Sometimes my iOS does that too. I usually manually close out of App Shop and try again to find it working.

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    This has been a issue lately...just go to your purchases and find towel fight 2 than it update...do it for others to...just make sure that your are in the ALL tab in purchases...used to be that purchases crashed for me due to to many apps to load ..but for some reason it works now and updates don't... Make sure to reboot first...btw I'm on 6.1.2 ...

8. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    hah hacking means playing around these parts.

9. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Hahaha I know, I meant so I could see what you guys are dealing with.

10. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    it is a little goofy to say the least but hey its working. except my notification bar keeps on pulling over on me. fat thumb problems I suppose.

11. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Playing on ipodtouch. Is it ridiculously hard to aim for anyone else? The controls are SO little.

12. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Also showing 9/10 pages... Won't go to last page.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    HEY! You calling me a pervert? I'll tell you right now I resent (I mean represent) that!! :)

14. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Loving this! The only complaints I have are there should be virtual joysticks, so you can shoot diagonally, which strangely you can't do, and I''d rather the controls be at the bottom of the screen instead of right in the middle. I find my finger misses the spot as a result sometimes, more than I'd like, actually, but maybe that's just me.

15. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Came here to say both these. Get out of my head.

16. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Ha-Ha-Ha!

17. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #97 mkaen, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    delete

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Actually, when I first saw this thread my first thought was that Pillowfight Girls game. HaHa! Hello gutter, can I have my mind back.

19. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    WHAT CRACKS, FELLAS AND FELLETTES (?!)

Seth and I have been working on a solution for all your thumbstick woes and will have something pretty sweet for the post i5-fix-patch...patch. I'll lob some screenshots in here when its prettied up and good to go.

Thanks for all your feedback. You've been extremely helpful in tuning TF2.

Also, to whomever pointed out Minigore, thanks for giving us another good dualthumbstickshooter to analyze!

TELL ME WHERE I MIGHT ACQUIRE SUCH SHENANIGANS.

Actually don't I have patches to produce.

Apple sent us a note saying they'll process our request in 1-2 business days. Our request for expedition. While I recognize they're dealing with a flood of apps every hour I imagine their office to be an aviary in which carrier pigeons with ADHD have flash drives carrying the contents of to-be-reviewed games glued to their legs.

And that one guy on the first floor keeps opening the window.

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yes minigore is a great DS shooter and one of the best of its kind when it came out but this one has the best style sort of mika who did battleheart and zombieville games and Zelda map style with great graphics. Plus you shoot out of your face come on what's not to love.