Universal Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny (by Butterscotch Shenanigans, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Feb 26, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    That pic....F'n epic

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #42 Vovin, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Ok, guys, had the chance to play a bit (and knotted my fingers) and all I can say that this is pure awesomeness with chocolate sauce. A clear 6/5 stars.

I totally like the controls, they feel perfect for me. I share, as a minor point of cricism, Gabrien's view - Hardik feels light like a feather in a summer breeze. This might be a bit strange first, but on the other hand, gives him a swift and fast movement. Extremly important at times. Imagine him simply as an Indian guy who stands on a small cloud just an inch above the air. And no friction = no brake effect. Hardik is cool.

The game is not only fantastic to look at (like a modernised retro-style, lol) and has an authenic musical score (+good sounds), its absolutely bucketing down tons of humor, parodies and crazy jokes on you. I had a dozen laughs in the first 20 minutes that I've tried to play that game.

Seriously, highly recommended. A generous offer for a stupid single buck.

Oh, and it's "Vovin", sir. In the old enochian language, it means "Dragon". I am allowed to use that, with a height of 2.05m. REALITY.
    Btw, I dunno what "I WOULD BACKSASS YOU INTO THE STONEAGE" means, but from the looks, I'd say this wasn't an insult; more like a threat. I call shennigans, just in case. ;)

Funny enough, this game came out of the blue, we had even no upcoming thread for this. Anyway, this game is very special. There's a lot of humorous design it. It's a labour of love, Zelda meets Bill & Teds.

3. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    LISTEN DRAGON.

You should find the HERKABLEGH power-up. Something tells me...you'll like it.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be patching this puppy to make people happy.

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Just wanted to say welcome to toucharcade to the devs, hope you have lots of success with this fun game. I'm really enjoying this unique new addition to the dual stick shooter genre.

5. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks Ojtitus.

If you and anyone who grabs it takes the time to give an honest review in the appstore that'd help us out a ton.

This whole launching business is a bit crazy.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Already done. 5 stars. Written in serious tone.

7. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Done, I didn't have time for too long of review but I'll rework after I have more experience with the game. I just thought it was important to get some positive word out.

8. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Loving this game! Can't wait for a fix for iPhone 5 so I can play it on da bus :D
    Gameplay is thoroughly enjoyable, love all the collectibles, Jectiles etc. the humour is spot on too.
    Thanks Butterscotch Shenanigans!
    5 Stars (and left 5 star review on AppStore too)

planck

9. heretik

heretik Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I'm not the controls' biggest fan, but man, this game is just buckets of fun,

10. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I declare Shenanigans :)

11. Turkeydipking

Turkeydipking Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Student
    Germany
    Love the game, love the devs, love the humor, I love the fact I'm loving this game ;)
    Good job guys seriously!
    The controls aren't exactly my cup of tea, but I think it's mostly due to excessive amounts of minigore 2 the last week and I will probably get used to them soon! :)
    And off I go to iTunes reviews, the German App Store must know! ;)

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This game is ridiculously fun, still amazes me that we can get games this good for such a small price.
    Love the graphics and the humor.
    It's not the best virtual controls but maybe that'll change with some updates but other than the controls this game is brilliant.
    I can't believe the amount of content here, there's tons of items and stuff and all with the own descriptions. Truly great I'll be leaving a five star review.
    Buy this game people this is the type of indie game we need we need on the store.

13. bscotchshenani

Feb 26, 2013
    You guys are BRINGING ME TO MANLY TEARS.

But seriously, I don't know if you can understand how great it is be getting a response like this from something we've dug our faces into. Really, really uplifting. Thank all of you.

We're celebrating with some friends by making the Launchili I mentioned earlier. HERE'S AN UPDATE ON IT'S SIMMERING PROGRESS:

[​IMG]

We'll be working on more movement updates and such once you guys get the 1.02 patch (i5 fix and a movement shift) and we get feedback. If I want to ask for it at that time should I...post here? Or where?

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Finally got the chance to give this a spin. Nothing left to say that hasn't already been mentioned in the thread. Steal, amazing, hilarious, fun and the controls could use some tightening but they're more than usable. Now to put this on my iPad. :)

Here. :)

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Having a blast. Might have to make a twitter account for the bird ammo lol

16. KevinS

KevinS Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2012
    You guys are so funny, buying your game right away. :)

17. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #57 mkaen, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    ____

18. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    After reading all of these glowing reviews what choice do I have but to buy this game.

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Picked this up and it's a blast. Would like 360-degree twin stick style controls just because I have a tendency to try to play it that way. Other than that, though, love the game's style and the sense of humor.

20. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Bought the crap out of this game. I was so excited I actually started playing right away despite the i5 problems. Good thus far and hope to get the update soon :D