Universal Towaga (By Sunnyside Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Gabsond

Gabsond Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    #121 Gabsond, Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Hi, thanks for pointing that out. We've just added the MFI to our To-do list but I can't guarantee that the support will be available at launch ! But we will work on it asap :)

2. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    So, any news on the big update? I did wait patiently for quite some time, but have a bad feeling by now ...

3. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    Hey!

We're very late on schedule due to some money issues and we are deeply sorry about that...small studio so it's sometimes complicated, we had to do some side projects, and it slowed down all our plannings.

We are currently working and playtesting the final boss and there are still a lot of bugs but be assured that the update will come. We are updating The Firm since 2014, so we won't give up on Towaga.

Best,
    Gabriel & The Sunnyside Team

4. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world

Thanks for the fast and informative answer. Gotta wait patiently a little bit longer I guess. No worries though, plase take your time.

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just went Free!!

6. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Hyper embarrassing that this game escaped my radar until going free. My sincerest apologies to the developer for creating this little nugget of deliciously animated perimeter shooter bliss devoid of multiple currencies and in-app purchases without being properly compensated. All future projects of your doing will be purchased day one from yours truly. That is a promise.

The game is perfect as is, but the fact that you’re planning a future update to make it even better is simply beyond tantalizing. Great work.

7. #Bonk3rZ

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    A new update is out. But it doesn't look like the big one we are all waiting for. Is there still hope?

8. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #128 Gabsond, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    [deleted]

9. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #129 Gabsond, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Hi,

Great news finally, after struggling a lot we found a solution.
    We will break down the content into several updates, the first one is on the way. (Coming in the following weeks)
    This first part will include: Refactoring of all graphics (Temples, Animations, Monsters, Main character...)

So, be sure to stay tuned! :D
    Cheers,
    Gabriel

10. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

We're about to release some major content for Towaga and we're looking for new beta-testers.

So if you're interested in getting into the closed beta, just fill out this form and I'll get back to you asap.
    Disclaimer: it's test-flight so you must own an iPhone.

FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/YiJIV62eMzYw6Wl33

I hope there is still someone reading this topic haha. :D

Best !
    Gabriel

11. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #131 Gabsond, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    [deleted]

12. Shimm5

Shimm5 Active Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Beta

Would love to signup but I don’t do google docs. Is there another way?

13. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #133 Gabsond, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Quick update:

I've just sent the first wave of invitations.

Best,
    Gabriel

14. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #134 Gabsond, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Hello!

After receiving a ton of e-mails haha, we've decided to open up a discord server to facilitate the discussions.
    If you're interested in joining the feedback discussions, feel free to do it. You can give us your feedback about Towaga's beta or The Firm on the related channels.

➡️ https://discord.gg/zFNBgpz ⬅️

Best,
    Gabriel

15. Khoshmaze

Khoshmaze Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Thanks for inviting me, I'm following this thread since the release of the game. ( btw, I'm a dev from Geneva... Bonjour l'équipe! :D)

My feedback, I'll keep it short: it's a whole new game pal, you basically made Towaga 2. :cool:
    Everything is new, feels sooooo different. Don't get me wrong, it's neat and totally lite but I also kinda love the old one, and I'm wondering if it will be possible to keep Towaga 1?

If not, personally I would prefer if you guys kept Towaga 1 as it is (just maybe fix some issues), and release this update as Towaga 2...

Thanks!

16. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

That's basically what I suggested Gabson when I saw him join TouchArcade's Discord channel. It seems making/releasing it as a new game is harder than just adding content and submitting it as an update. Also, he pointed out that in its current form, Towaga feels "incomplete" for them and they plan to finish it first and then move to start working on a different project. And as a final note, it seems Apple is kinda doing their job right and featuring relevant updates so this might be an opportunity for the team to get another chance to catch customers' attention.

I personally haven't played it much so, unless they change a lot even in the first levels, I won't notice a thing. I'll keep a backup installer file of the current version anyway in case I feel I like the old style before moving to the updated version.

To be hones, I'm already looking forward to getting the update, too... people seem to be enjoying the new content.

=)

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How’s it like a new game ? Levels or controls ?

18. Buffaloman

Buffaloman Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Agree with Khoshmaze, It looks and feels so different that I wouldn't call it an update.

To me the new power changes radically the gameplay (which is kinda disturbing as I used to mash the lower-left corner when surrounded with enemies haha) but it's a welcome twist. The wave system is also more dynamic and suspenseful (and thank god for the checkpoints, as a "toilet player" I don't want to get stuck in there for to long :D ).

So yeah, makes more sense to make it a sequel (because as much as I like the new version the original game holds a special place in my IOS' gamer heart ;) ) keep up the good work!

19. Buffaloman

Buffaloman Member

Jan 12, 2017
    There's new cutscenes, new enemy mechanics, new spells, new levels, new outfits and masks, a whole lotta new things to unlock etc...

20. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    #140 Gabsond, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    [deleted]