Universal Towaga (By Sunnyside Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Gabsond

Gabsond Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Hi, we are aiming to release French, Koren, Japanese, Russian and German translations as soon as possible.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks again for the code, my swiss folks!

The production value is outstanding. It looks amazing, has top responsive controls and a nice menu where you need to use the laser. Like that.

The life-draining overbeam needs definitely a bit of time to get used to, when and on which enemy you should use it. So there is quite a learning curve to this game, imho. Also, the different behaviour of all enemies needs some time to find out, too. Replay value is given.

Recommended for lovers of Ziggurat...and for highscore chasers...and for anyone else who wants to support some talented Devs.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is a great game as well. Just not for me. Sorry that I'm not into high score games man, I didn't think that would upset someone.

Also tombofmask has a lot to offer for being a high score game. Collecting currency , upgrading, extra game mode.

Also this game has a lot to offer high score chasers. Beautiful graphics, smooth gameplay for all that is happening on the screen, strategy, almost 10 different levels, lots of different enemies that have different attacks, etc. great game 4.5 star game I would say.

I would loveeee to see something extra added like collecting currency from killin enemies and using the currency to buy extras even if it's just different background menus or something.

4. #44 AppUnwrapper, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    FWIW, I prefer my high score chasers not to have upgrades and stuff just to prolong the game. I rather they be about improving/perfecting my skills/strategy.

That said, didn't the developer say it's not a high score chaser...? Or did I misunderstand? Still working my way through the 5 main levels.

5. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    Thanks guys, we are really moved by all your comments <3 !

For those interested, I can already announce that we will carefully listen about your comments, suggests and ideas and we will do a lot of (Free) major updates with contents, new ideas, translation during the entire year.

Cheers from Switzerland !

6. Lightjolly

Lightjolly Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Man I am tempted to buy this game, it looks gorgeous, I just worry I'll get bored quick, does the gameplay hold up?

7. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I'm from Geneva friends great game!!!

8. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    Many friends from Switzerland here ! Cheers !

9. I personally find it challenging, not at all boring. Might be different if you find it easy and get through it all quickly.

10. Buffaloman

Buffaloman Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Gosh... The more I play it the better it gets.
    Question though: how's the multiplier working? I try to make big chains before releasing the beam but I'm not sure if that really helps.

11. Lightjolly

Lightjolly Member

Dec 31, 2016
    Never mind, I bought it. It's freaking fantastic, the art style really pops, the gameplay seems simple on surface but there's a certain depth to it, where you have to learn all the monsters attack pattern and fire your beams accordingly

12. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Ok, I'm incorrect.

13. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    When you get hit, the multiplier is reduced by 1 and making longer chains will give you more points, so you're doing it right !

14. Buffaloman

Buffaloman Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Sweet! I'll go back to it then :D

15. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Hey my bad, I wasn't upset haha.

16. Khoshmaze

Khoshmaze Member

Jan 12, 2017
    First post here, any chance to see a toucharcade's review for Towaga ?
    I'm so tempted by the game but still hesitating.

17. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    I'd like to second Jayg here. The one thing that made me a regular player of The Firm was because not only was the core gameplay solid, but there were many unlockables and ranking system. I love when games provide you a sense of progress, that every minute you put into the game is not wasted and gives you reasons to go back to it. Im confident others will buy into this idea as well.

18. Gabsond

Jan 11, 2017
    It's a great idea, we will definitively work on that for the next update.

Best,
    Gabriel

19. Lightjolly

Lightjolly Member

Dec 31, 2016
    #59 Lightjolly, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Ok, game was working fine before now its freezing all the time, game is unplayable.

Using a galaxy S6

Update: ok its working again but theires a lot of stuttering when enemy spawn

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Now I will be downloading again and trying to progress . Can't wait